Divisional Playoffs - Chiefs at Bills - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

Ahhh hell it hurts, but is what it is.

Got the game at home and our kicker can't kick and once again we are down to backups of our backups on the defense.

But someone summed it up best, it comes down to players making the plays in clutch situations.

Oh well guys, perhaps I will start thinking about the draft, but plan to just bury myself in work for the next few weeks and try not to think about this game and another loss to the Chiefs blocking our road to the SB.

Just sucks...not much more I can say 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

17 minutes ago, BananaB said:

This is the exact reason why a lot of us wanted McD fired. Had nothing to do with the article, all about what happened to the D tonight. I don’t care about the injuries, they moved down the field with ease all night. 

You have to take it further. The fans calling for the dismissal of McD is because his team can't advance in the playoffs. Tonight is another glaring example of that. Not sure how many more 1 and out playoff performances it takes. 

I suppose one can be satisfied with the season the Bills had. It's hardly a consolation for this fan. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Heels20X6 said:

We need to draft more players like Dalton Kincaid. He’s a stud and his dog mentality is what will get this team over the top. 

He wanted to win. He seemed like the only guy who did as much as Josh. 

It's clear to all of us Kincaid was a terrific pick and will be a great player for years.  Hoping we can get another type WR in the draft like him.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

The irony of this game is that the player they needed most was DeAndre Hopkins.  Especially in the fourth quarter.  He comes down with those deep shots from Allen.  But Beane needed to pay Jordan Phillips, Deonte Harty, Trent Sherfield, Poona Ford.

Just like the year we could have traded for Von to make a playoff push and held firm. What happened? KC rag dolled us, Rams went and got him, Rams won the super bowl.

Bills always have that one move staring them in the face but don't want to pull the trigger. Or they do but it's too late...

1 minute ago, motorj said:

So is it the coaches job to tell Allen to get a first to run time off the clock or to score a TD if it's there with 2 mins left

I’d say so, yes. I imagine they’ll be telling the Josh what the objective is - whether to score quick or try and wind down the clock.

44 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

If Bass makes the kick, you're giving Mahomes the balls with 1:45 seconds and pretending that you're going to stop him when you've done so once all game. We lost on 3rd down, not 4th.

We lost when the D couldn't stop the Chiefs and the O not only had to score but was asked to take 15 plays and 8 minutes to do it.  What McD asked the O to do to protect his D was football malpractice.  Only the otherworldly play of Allen put us in a position where it almost worked. 

To watch the Bills D line, a relatively healthy unit that has seen the biggest draft and FA investments over the last 5 years fail to even slow the Chiefs down was an indictment of everything Bean & McD have worked against.  Almost no pressure on Mahomes as the D line was manhandled by the Chiefs O line. And the O gave the D long drives that allowed them to rest and get coached up. 

Sorry, but if people want to look elsewhere for where the real problems are have at it.  Just don't expect the disappointment to end any time soon.

• Agree 5

McD stuck w Klien waaaaaaaay toooooooooo looooooong.  Soon as Siran came in Kelce had no impact.  Sad to say but better team on the field won.  Bills D was decimated.  Not McD's fault.....Diggs was WIDE open twice.......who knows what happened there??  I HATE to say it but Von actually looked good the few plays he was in....

5 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

This is the worst thing. The Chiefs are not a great team. They’re little more than mediocre. In truth, all four Championship teams have issues and yet the Bills still couldn’t take advantage of the hand luck dealt them.

Exactly correct. As a Bills fan we have to ask what will it take? 

Just seems clear to me that a coaching change is badly needed. The team really needs a new message and a new leader. No offense to McD. He's a good coach but just not good enough. That was on full display tonight. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, BB2004 said:

It's clear to all of us Kincaid was a terrific pick and will be a great player for years.  Hoping we can get another type WR in the draft like him.

At least we have one tight end worth a crap. The other one just helps tie up the salary cap

I don’t know why people say the are complete gutted? How could you next expect this? Did you not watch this team this year? Is this your first year as a bills fan? I lost interest in going to the games this year. I had Free club seat today and turned it down! I told my buddy to take my oldest son. This is the norm for this team!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

Just now, 4th&long said:

I don’t know why people say the are complete gutted? How could you next expect this? Did you not watch this team this year? Is this your first year as a bills fan? I lost interest in going to the games this year. I had Free club seat today and turned it down! I told my buddy to take my oldest son. This is the norm for this team!!

Mcdermott even compared this team to the 13 seconds team after they lost to the Eagles.  Of course it ended up the same way lmao  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

We lost when the D couldn't stop the Chiefs and the O not only had to score but was asked to take 15 plays and 8 minutes to do it.  What McD asked the O to do to protect his D was football malpractice.  Only the otherworldly play of Allen put us in a position where it almost worked. 

To watch the Bills D line, a relatively healthy unit that has seen the biggest draft and FA investments over the last 5 years fail to even slow the Chiefs down was an indictment of everything Bean & McD have worked against.  Almost no pressure on Mahomes as the D line was manhandled by the Chiefs O line. And the O gave the D long drives that allowed them to rest and get coached up. 

Sorry, but if people want to look elsewhere for where the real problems are have at it.  Just don't expect the disappointment to end any time soon.

Maybe in the future you can read my posts with a more open mind. A lot of what I say has merit. Unfortunately, today's failures verified that. It truly sucks to be right here. 

I even bought the homer ice cream here and predicted a close Bills win. So silly of me. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I enjoyed the game honestly. Heart breaking ending. The injuries on D looked to have a huge impact. I will give them a little credit because plays got made that kept it a game. 

I liked the game plan and honestly if the D wasnt so banged up we might of had the edge for a win. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, VW82 said:

We just extended him. McD isn't going anywhere. Neither is Beane.

Then our only hope is that they have a come to Jesus moment and understand that they must prioritize the Offense and surround their elite, franchise QB with the best possible talent. 

We could have had McCaffrey and we could have had D Hop. Sure they would not have come cheap but neither did Von Miller.  From 2019 - 2022 Diggs was the ONLY big move this organization has made in support of Allen.  They did the right thing drafting Kincaid in the 1st round.  But unless the Bills continue over the next couple of drafts to spend 1st round picks on the O then drafting Kincaid was to little and to late.

If the Bills don't sign a guy like Higgens or use their 1st round pick on a WR then prepare to be deeply disappointed again.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

Elite QB's and coaches have their way with Sean McDermott. It's just the truth

He will never be able to beat those guys...even with a better team and home field. 

That is where we are with this team

Yep... He's a choker... I blame the terrible play call strategy after the 2 minute warning on McD's inability to strategize down the stretch. During the 2 minute warning I had already laid out the strategy in a text to my Nephew...lol... It's so obvious what has to happen there...You need 9 yards first... We had been dinking and dunking them to death all night. Give me your best two plays for short yardage and stay inbounds. Hopefully you get exactly 9 or 10 and it's 1st and 10 from around the 17...Now they have to take their TO's... You run on 1st for sure...But maybe a Josh run so you have an extra blocker... Bully them...You get another 1st and the Chiefs are in BIG, big trouble. No matter what, you play it this way and at least the FG try is closer. Not that it would matter because Bass sucks...

Instead we take a shot on 1st down... Incomplete... Because of course it is... Then the 3rd down is incomplete... And of course...Bass sucks... 

Game over... McD schooled again. 

• Like (+1) 1

I an a way I am kind of glad we lost this game because we would have gotten annihilated by the Ravens next week.

So I would rather have the the Chiefs get destroyed by them in the AFCCG.

I just absolutely despise Mahomes and KC more.  So let Mahomes cry his ass off after they get mauled next week in Baltimore.

We were too banged up this year to compete for a SB, and to believe anything other that that is not being realistic.

We were never going to beat the Ravens with our personnel on this team that played in this game tonight, or any variations of it next week.

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

I hate losing to the Chiefs, but I don't think we would've won in Baltimore anyway with the injuries we have on the Defense.

Just hoping for Baltimore to beat down KC now.  If Mahomes wins another ring this year, I'm gonna puke.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, The All-Pro-Knox Gallery said:

Wtf do we do this offseason. We’re paying a lot of money to bad players

Beane’s biggest failure was not signing a true #2 wr this year. Hopkins could have been had and wasn’t. Instead he threw money at the Poona fords of the world.

this offseason: morse and tre will be cut or minimally restructured for salary cap reasons.

von and Diggs will be back. For those wanting either cut or traded do your salary cap research. Too big of cap hits to cut or trade.

Hyde will be gone, not sure what we do at safety??

draft a fkn legit wr at #28 and hope you nail it.

try to resign #56, though he (and honestly Oliver) were MIA tonight 

13 minutes ago, Heels20X6 said:

We need to draft more players like Dalton Kincaid. He’s a stud and his dog mentality is what will get this team over the top. 

He wanted to win. He seemed like the only guy who did as much as Josh. 

Kincaid single-handedly saved two fumbles from becoming turnovers - incredible awareness by a rookie.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

For me, I really think it’s time to step away from here.

Not just for the remainder of the season- perhaps forever.

This team, under this HC, with these players will never win a SB!

And their window is closing fast. 

I do not see the necessary improvements forthcoming. And multiple teams will catch them.The excellent ones have very good Ds and WRs who don’t drop balls in the clutch, nor Kickers who should be flogging Beer in the stands.

• Vomit 1
  • Dislike 1

I have absolutely no more energy left for this team this year. They were not going to beat Baltimore and move onto the Super Bowl. I of course really wanted to beat the Chiefs because I hate them so much but a part of me is really glad this ride is over for now. 

9 minutes ago, Beast said:

How is that pass to Shakir a bad decision? Shakir was open.

The best/smartest thing to do would have been to continue to methodically march down the field and score a TD, leaving as little time on the clock as possible. In the latter case, the Bills would be up by 4, and KC would need a TD. The coaches certainly could have directed JA to do the latter and/or even run plays with no deep patterns. Also, in doing the latter, hopefully you force KC to use their TOs, making a TD comeback for them even harder.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

You have to take it further. The fans calling for the dismissal of McD is because his team can't advance in the playoffs. Tonight is another glaring example of that. Not sure how many more 1 and out playoff performances it takes. 

I suppose one can be satisfied with the season the Bills had. It's hardly a consolation for this fan. 

We were one out in the playoffs? Could have sworn we beat Pittsburgh, so we’re we out in game 2??

3 minutes ago, KOKBILLS said:

Yep... He's a choker... I blame the terrible play call strategy after the 2 minute warning on McD's inability to strategize down the stretch. During the 2 minute warning I had already laid out the strategy in a text to my Nephew...lol... It's so obvious what has to happen there...You need 9 yards first... We had been dinking and dunking them to death all night. Give me your best two plays for short yardage and stay inbounds. Hopefully you get exactly 9 or 10 and it's 1st and 10 from around the 17...Now they have to take their TO's... You run on 1st for sure...But maybe a Josh run so you have an extra blocker... Bully them...You get another 1st and the Chiefs are in BIG, big trouble. No matter what, you play it this way and at least the FG try is closer. Not that it would matter because Bass sucks...

Instead we take a shot on 1st down... Incomplete... Because of course it is... Then the 3rd down is incomplete... And of course...Bass sucks... 

Game over... McD schooled again. 

McD isn’t calling the plays.  I understand he should be dictating the strategy but what you’re describing is probably unrealistic for a defensive head coach.  Maybe a defensive head coach is the wrong solution but that’s a different issue.

• Like (+1) 1

I think if Douglas and Benford are healthy we probably win this game. Douglas was obviously hobbled out there, he had no speed. Dane Jackson got burned over and over. He also couldn't make a tackle in run support to save his life.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.