Wildcard round - Steelers Bills post game thread

BuffaloBill

6 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Bills offense has to play 4 quarters next week. Kc looks to be playing good again, we can't have a quarter and a half of 3 and outs. 

dont base "they are playing well" because of the dolphins game.... dolphin are not a good football team.

Edited by gordong

2 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Dude you're an obvious troll.   Multiple negative posts about the Bills.  I am not sure if you're a Dolphins fan or what, but given your low number of posts and the percentage that are negative, you're clearly not a Bills fan.  

It's like he's waving an enormous "Put Me on Ignore" sign.

Just now, NewEra said:

Losing Bernard really sucks.  

Josh Allen is a tank.  He’s the only QB I want.  Ever.  

I am savoring every moment he is our QB1. He is special. He is OURS.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Losing Bernard really sucks.  

Josh Allen is a tank.  He’s the only QB I want.  Ever.  

I would prefer Mahomes if you put a gun to my head. Allen is a close second though. Splitting hairs here. Bottom line is the Bills are in a great position for years ahead with Allen. Gotta get that Lombardi soon!!!

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, muppy said:

the correct answer is BOTH key but he would never say that. I love me some #17 such a baller

There's no way Josh was ever not going to give that to Shakir, he's been programmed in all those practice interviews with his dad when he was a kid, he always knows what he's supposed to say.

9 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Getting away from Fitzpatrick was fantastic but the move he makes downfield was filthy…

Yeah 38 is going to be seeing that in his nightmares.

6 minutes ago, Bills Bud said:

It was clearly pass interference on the last meaningful possession for Pittsburgh plus that hit on Allen was soft and don’t deserve a penalty 

oh well... want some cheese with the whine?

2 minutes ago, Georgia Bill said:

This year feels different - Go Bills!

Not really for me. I'm just taking it one game at a time. This team has a high floor and ceiling. Nothing too low about the team. Damn injuries really suck though!!!

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, JMM said:

One Alien Josh down, 3 to go! Will need 30 rest of way. And somehow we will need to generate a better pass rush than tonight. Damn shame no Milano and Von a shadow 

Von did touch rudolf once tonight , punched him  but qb rolled off.  Dl was really ineffective except early ball batting.  Von did spin once so maybe he will keep improving but not holding my breath. D is in big trouble with 2 staring lbs out against an upcoming great qb.  Have to win shootout. Bad time for bass to be having his worst season  also at less than 82% on fg.    

Hard to win close games when cant depend on kicking game.  He cost us 13 points tonight , 6 off misses , 7 giving short field off block. Thats just terrible.  Need to do intensive work w him this week.     All going to be on offenses shoulders but at least shakir/ Kincaid stepping up. Knox was ok but had another drive killing drop. Team just keeps winning tho ! 

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

well, the upside of our crazy drsft focus on D is that we had Elam, Jackson, AJ Klien (FA) and Dorian Williams.  not bad super depth there 

Yeah but it's like how much more can they take? Basically held together by duct tape at this point.

7 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

With 46 seconds to go, up by two TDs, my wife said, "Well, even if they score here, they'd still have to ..."

I interrupted her and simply said, "Bills." After the game, I explained the ways in which they could - and have in the past - snag defeat from the jaws of victory.

On the other hand, she made a  great call earlier in the game. When the Steelers were driving and in TD range (thanks to Elam being abused on that drive), I said, "'I'm really not sure what they see in this guy or why he's still on the team. He's a liability."

One play later, he made the pick in the end zone. My wife said, "Just before that play, I was thinking it'd be funny if they threw his way again and he intercepted it."

Maybe Elam was setting Rudolph up.

7 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Concussion.

He actually really hated to leave the field, he stopped in the tunnel entrance to watch a play go before a trainer made him leave. 

Maybe he isn't that bad then. Hopefully he clears protocol before Sunday

7 minutes ago, Bills Bud said:

It was clearly pass interference on the last meaningful possession for Pittsburgh plus that hit on Allen was soft and don’t deserve a penalty 

That’s fine. RT Offside on TD for Steelers and MF dirty bending of Diggs not called. The better team clearly won. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BRH said:

Hey um, just checking…

how many turnovers did the Turnover Machine have today?

His freaky terrible turnover luck in the regular season almost reared its ugly head with a ridiculous play by a Steelers defender but it was too high and safely ended up on the grass. Probably should have been a TD.

6 minutes ago, Tulsabillsfanz said:

The 2 MVPs tonight go to Josh Allen& ….Bills Mafia!  

Josh was great again in a playoff game. I couldn’t believe he turned on the jets & ran away from the Steelers DBs. Josh played under control and distributed the ball well.

After reading people talk over the last couple days that with the horrible weather and the stands full of snow, we’d have a small crowd & lose a lot of our home field advantage.  How wrong they were! Bills fans showed up in huge numbers, cleaned the snow off their own seats & roared as loud as ever!  Great job Bills mafia!, 

Yeah seeing what the Stadium looked like before and seeing how full it was, that was impressive.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

How do like them apples!!!

GO BILLS!!!

Just now, Warcodered said:

His freaky terrible turnover luck in the regular season almost reared its ugly head with a ridiculous play by a Steelers defender but it was too high and safely ended up on the grass. Probably should have been a TD.

Absolutely if WR was 12 feet tall.

9 minutes ago, Bills Bud said:

1.  Freirmuth non fumble. 
2.  False start on RT on first TD

3.  Way late hit on Diggs at end of first half. 

Here’s a clue. Watch with your own eyes. Don’t pay attention to the announcers. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Von is going to have an embarrassing film session. "So here we see the QB right in your hands, just right there and then you just kind of let him go for some reason."

As compared to all the other film sessions "So here we see you get off at the snap, then suddenly just stand there for some reason while all the other people are playing football all around you"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

12 minutes ago, Bills Bud said:

That's a penalty 10/10 times.

• Agree 2

As someone who called for McDermott to be replaced after this season, it's only fair for me to come here and say...

That man deserves a world of credit right now. 

From keeping the team together and going from 5% chance at playoffs to the two-seed, to keeping this defense together with duct tape and baling wire, to holding the Steelers to 17 points despite being down to CBs 4, 5, and 6 and two backup linebackers. He made major changes to the way he was calling defense on the bye week, he had the courage to fire Dorsey mid-season. All in all, Coach McDermott just deserves a ton of credit. A ton!

Bravo, coach. Way to go!

GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 15
  • Agree 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 minute ago, pennstate10 said:

Dont even bother with the guy.  if you look at his other posts he is here as a fan of another team.   

5 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

Von did touch rudolf once tonight , punched him  but qb rolled off.  Dl was really ineffective except early ball batting.  Von did spin once so maybe he will keep improving but not holding my breath. D is in big trouble with 2 staring lbs out against an upcoming great qb.  Have to win shootout. Bad time for bass to be having his worst season  also at less than 82% on fg.    

Hard to win close games when cant depend on kicking game.  He cost us 13 points tonight , 6 off misses , 7 giving short field off block. Thats just terrible.  Need to do intensive work w him this week.     All going to be on offenses shoulders but at least shakir/ Kincaid stepping up. Knox was ok but had another drive killing drop. Team just keeps winning tho ! 

I didn't pay attention to who it was but it sounded like he was the one who got to him at the end of the game and just let him go, like he was too small a fish to keep, and the play went on for an incomplete pass and weak helmet hit penalty on Ed.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

I mean maybe wait till more information comes out?

Bernard looked like the only significant injury… your down Bernard, Milano, and White from way way earlier in the year…. I’d wager Douglas and Dodson are back this week on top of many of the guys that went down today…. Jeez, it’s like fans jump to make excuses to justify a loss that hasn’t happened yet, 

We ae in Bizarro world when leader of Chicken Littles is saying the sky is falling but not so fast.

image.png.91af24699727a419d6790455657fa2cd.png

4 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

They had a delay of game that wasn’t called.

#16 jumps on Diggs’ back on the Shakir TD run?

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

As someone who called for McDermott to be replaced after this season, it's only fair for me to come here and say...

That man deserves a world of credit right now. 

From keeping the team together and going from 5% chance at playoffs to the two-seed, to keeping this defense together with duct tape and baling wire, to holding the Steelers to 17 points despite being down to CBs 4, 5, and 6 and two backup linebackers. He made major changes to the way he was calling defense on the bye week, he had the courage to fire Dorsey mid-season. All in all, Coach McDermott just deserves a ton of credit. A ton!

Bravo, coach. Way to go!

GO BILLS!!!

I echo your sentiments! 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.