1/15/24 Super WildCard Playoff GAMEDAY Bills vs Steelers Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

4 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

If you tell Bills fans they can go in early if they are willing to clean the seats they will be overwhelmed with volunteers 

😀  That photo shows maybe 10 people in the whole stadium.

• Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

On the Steelers sideline😎

One snowball at a time? 

I kid, stay classy, Bills fans. Or, at least don’t get caught……….  😋

• Like (+1) 1

Can they heat/warm the field up if it is frozen?  I think I've seen people say there are heaters of some kind they use?

Edited by stevewin

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

One snowball at a time? 

I kid, stay classy, Bills fans. Or, at least don’t get caught……….  😋

Way too cold for snowballs...it's loose powdery snow. Snow only forms good snowballs when it has a lot of moisture in it, probably has to be above 25 degrees for it. I mean someone could always add some liquid tho I guess.

Beer balls?? Urine balls??

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Way too cold for snowballs...it's loose powdery snow. Snow only forms good snowballs when it has a lot of moisture in it, probably has to be above 25 degrees for it. I mean someone could always add some liquid tho I guess.

You just form it in your hands for a few seconds. The heat from your hands melts it enough to have the moisture to form into a spherical projectile.

Bonus points if you hold it long enough to become an ice ball.

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

This is good. It will look cool on TV if everyone is throwing powder. Very uncool if snowballs are raining down on the players and Bills get penalized for it.

Just now, DapperCam said:

You just form it in your hands for a few seconds. The heat from your hands melts it enough to have the moisture to form into a spherical projectile.

Sheit.

1 minute ago, DapperCam said:

Oh, yeah I guess that's a way...although after a few of them your hands will be nearing frostbite levels so I am not sure it's worth it.

3 minutes ago, DC Greg said:

This is good. It will look cool on TV if everyone is throwing powder. Very uncool if snowballs are raining down on the players and Bills get penalized for it.

Definitely going to be a cool image to have the whole stadium throwing snow up in the air after a score

Steelers vs. Bills live weather forecast and wild-card game updates: Predictions, start time, how to watch

Temperatures are expected to remain relatively stagnant from Monday morning through 4:30 p.m. kickoff, when the forecast calls for somewhere between 16-18 degrees. The temp is expected to remain about 15 degrees for much of the evening. Winds, meanwhile, are set to hover near 15 miles per hour around noon, only to drop to around 10 miles per hour by kickoff before another slight dip thereafter.

may not be too bad for the passing game? 10mph at game time?

I have a sense of one hell of a wildcard game!

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Right but you would have to take your gloves off.

You're hands would be freezing after a couple of them

3 minutes ago, Lost said:

I'm interested to see how many fans are actually able to make it there today. There's gotta be a ton of out of towners who just said "nope" and there are going to be a ton of issues for local travel/parking. 

2 minutes ago, Cvanvol7 said:

Where does one find a professional stadium snow crew? 

At the snow crew store?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Cvanvol7 said:

Insane that Terry didnt think of that 

He considered it but couldn't find a coupon with the BuffNews delivery being suspended.

• Haha (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.