1/15/24 Super WildCard Playoff GAMEDAY Bills vs Steelers Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

32 minutes ago, yall said:

Gonna be a ***** show around the stadium when it comes to parking. OP got another foot overnight. Presumably a good percentage of the private lots won't be open, so people arriving early to park in their usual non-official spots are going to find themselves in one big traffic jam.

OP police and the Bills are advising people to not show up too early.

Is tailgating cancelled?

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

15 yd penalty for snow balls??

We sit upper deck, 19 rows up.  Fools behind us try and throw snowballs onto the lower bowl and we occasionally get pelted.  Foolish to toss snowballs from the upper deck to the lower bowl.  Stupid tossing snowballs period.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Just saw that stadium shot on X too. Not sure how you think they're gonna be able to clear the seats & aisles by 3pm. A daunting task, for sure. Would need hundreds of people to do that.

I remember going to War Memorial as a kid in winter....no one cleared aisle or seats..we did it when we arrived at our seats

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

We sit upper deck, 19 rows up.  Fools behind us try and throw snowballs onto the lower bowl and we occasionally get pelted.  Foolish to toss snowballs from the upper deck to the lower bowl.  Stupid tossing snowballs period.

We got hit by a few at the dolphins game last year. Had to clear snow off seat and aisle then as well. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Just saw that stadium shot on X too. Not sure how you think they're gonna be able to clear the seats & aisles by 3pm. A daunting task, for sure. Would need hundreds of people to do that.

Yep,  lot's of empty seats for no shows today...and many of the people that do attend will be sitting in snow.  They just have to be prepared and expect it.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Doesn’t look too bad. They’ll have those stands cleared out in time. Parking is going to be a mess though.

They should get the airport deicing trucks out there and spray away.  Lol.  So what that people would be sitting in what could be toxic orange goo.  It would be melted for sure.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Last year's Saturday game against the Phins we had to shovel our seats out at gametime. There just was no place for the snow to go so it went on the field in the form of snowballs lol

14 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Is tailgating cancelled?

😂 No, but it's definitely going to be impacted in that there will probably be lines and delays getting into the lots. 

Put it this way, I'm not planning on grilling anything.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

We got hit by a few at the dolphins game last year. Had to clear snow off seat and aisle then as well. 

Upper deck from the Bills stadium pic looks better than I’d thought.  Lower bowl is a disaster still.  Expect to clean our seats, or end up standing maybe.

Overall, for as much snow that fell looks pretty dang good!

Edited by davefan66
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

15 yd penalty for snow balls??

Ha - my son literally just texted me a pic of the stands saying that 😛

I said with the cold though it probably won't be good packing

I'll be waiting for when the sideline reporter dramatically and breathlessly exclaims about the dangerous "ice balls" being thrown on the field.  Oh the humanity

I assume they took the photo of the stadium this morning. They were looking for people to start shoveling 9 hours ago (12 midnight), but I don’t see any workers in the photo. And oh, they also said that they were going to limit the amount of shovelers to 200. Interesting...

Edit: I do see 7 people. LOL

Edited by Bob Jones

Just now, Bob Jones said:

I assume they took the photo of the stadium this morning. They were looking for people to start shoveling 9 hours ago (12 midnight), but I don’t see any workers in the photo. And oh, they also said that they were going to limit the amount of shovelers to 200. Interesting...

One would think more the better.  

Gotta have enough shovels, and those tubes to take the snow to the field.  One would think they’d have plenty of equipment and have several teams moving snow.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bob Jones said:

The limit is odd.  Guess they don't want to blow their "$20 fan shoveling" budget on just one game <insert Terry is cheap joke here>

• Haha (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, stevewin said:

The limit is odd.  Guess they don't want to blow their "$20 fan shoveling" budget on just one game <insert Terry is cheap joke here>

They just said on WGR that the 200 person limit was removed.

• Like (+1) 1

What are everyone’s thoughts on the DLine that are active today? I think we can’t get enough big run stoppers out on that field. 

Why are the Steelers weapons worrying me all the sudden?! Pickens, Warren, Harris, Johnson, that TE, AB… Tell me they stink.. I’m in a spirallllllll

9 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

PLAYOFFS BABY!

-OH, and Miami lost in KC 🤣

Don’t get me started on the ‘we don’t need a dome’ conversation! Yet again, the Bills had to re-schedule a game due to WNY Winter weather. 🙄 I guess we have to be thankful it’s still being played where we deserve and earned the right to play! Our 5 game winning streak to finish our wildly unpredictable season gifts us with a Home playoff game vs. the equally unexpected Steelers. They’ve won their last 3 games to punch their ticket on the final week of the regular season as well. The calendar says it’s still early winter, but we’re in the thick of winters’ meanness with tons of snow and wild winds that drop the ‘feels like’ to sub zero! Following our latest snowpocalpse, we should see milder winds today, which is great news for us.

https://youtu.be/9SIMiBfO3eM?si=G8tJ8IMGV3Qct7i3

While we escaped south Florida with hats & t-shirts, we didn’t escape the omnipresent injuries. ‘Big Game’ Gabe Davis and Taylor Rapp hobbled out of Miami and are no-go’s for today. Every team left have significant injuries -including Pittsburgh. So buckle the chinstraps and get after it with what you have!

Mike Tomlin is in town. Meaning Defense, solid STs and an excellent run game will be featured. Mason Rudolph has stepped in admirably for Kenny Pickett, being efficient while capable of connecting on long balls. WR’s Diontae Johnson and George Pickens can be scary good, so we have to be ready for everything! Tomlin & McDermott are long time friends and college teammates, so both teams can expect a few wrinkles and surprises. Even with the future HOFer TJ Watt out, Pittsburgh can generate a strong pass rush -as the Ravens learned last week. Add in a greedy Secondary and disrespect for being a double-digit underdog and they’ll be ready!

For our Hero’s, RaSUUUUL may play due to the postponement and we need him -as well as others who stepped up admirably last week at LB, DB, WR & OT. Imo, Khalil Shakir has earned WR2, both in production and trust with teammates. Our enigmatic WR Stefon Diggs played great last week and we’ll NEED him to again! I anticipate he’ll deliver. Sam Martin won AFCSTPOTM and Harty’s punt return thrilled us with the play of the game in Miami! Our OL, while no world beaters, are the only Line in the League to start every game! This in itself is remarkable! They’ve been the most important aspect in our philosophical change to commit to the Run game. They’re a solid group and could be even better next season.

Then, there’s Josh Allen.

One could argue he was the Dolphins best player last week. Until the game was on the line, that is. Our incredible Superman literally WILLED the Bills to victory! Yes, other players made important contributions, but they fed off Allen’s refuse to lose mantra!

‘Mr. Chaos’ told everybody in November he was back and he’s been delivering at an MVP level ever since! Winning is essential to him and his NO QUIT is why we’re in the playoffs and we should expect this to continue. And you KNOW what means!..

“4 MORE!”

WE GOTTA BELIEVE! 

GO BILLS!

Just one comment regarding your first comment.  The reason for moving the game to Monday was the result of the travel conditions not due to snow in the stadium.  A dome would have made no difference. 

Thank you for your detailed post.

Very much aporeciated. 

Edited by longtimebillsfan

11 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Probably, hiring over 200 people makes the Bills organization subject to some obscure labor law that they are trying to avoid.

Fwiw NFLN reporter in Buffalo on GMFB said some steeler players said they were hoping to play yesterday in the terrible weather because they thought it would favor them

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Playing an opponent I respect a lot but dislike …( their entitled fans mainly) 

Gotta make those 5 wins in a row meaningful…

This Bills team is tougher than last year …OL and running game …

Find a way .. get it done 

We just need to stop their runs.

I believe our run defense gas improved over the last third of the season.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Thrivefourfive said:

What are everyone’s thoughts on the DLine that are active today? I think we can’t get enough big run stoppers out on that field. 

Why are the Steelers weapons worrying me all the sudden?! Pickens, Warren, Harris, Johnson, that TE, AB… Tell me they stink.. I’m in a spirallllllll

Not having Watt is a huge blow for them. The Bills "SHOULD" have no problem moving the ball. Watt is not only a game changer himself but makes others around him better. If the Bills D can't contain a Mason Rudolph led offense, then they were never getting past Mahomes, Jackson anyway.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

They just said on WGR that the 200 person limit was removed.

Terry is not cheap!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gregg said:

Not having Watt is a huge blow for them. The Bills "SHOULD" have no problem moving the ball. Watt is not only a game changer himself but makes others around him better. If the Bills D can't contain a Mason Rudolph led offense, then they were never getting past Mahomes, Jackson anyway.

Yes, no Watt does calm me down. Last year, he didn’t play and we saw that result. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Fwiw NFLN reporter in Buffalo on GMFB said some steeler players said they were hoping to play yesterday in the terrible weather because they thought it would favor them

The only thing the weather yesterday favored was shovel sales.  No team could have played in that.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.