Wild Card Weekend - Wild Card Weather

2 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Yeah, I don’t understand the mixed messages being given at this point. I’m not commenting on whether the game should happen, but how do declare a state of emergency without moving the game at the same time? Don’t declare the state of

emergency in that case. The ironic part is the storm being on a weekend, the majority of “unnecessary” travel would be for the game. The rest of WNY wants to be home watching. 

It is bizzaro, and then the County Exec puts out that communication about no unnecessary travel, but ignores any mention of the Bills game. 

All i can think is that the NFL league office uses a different meteorologist than the rest of the country. and they think the conditions won’t be as bad as advertised.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Yeah, I don’t understand the mixed messages being given at this point. I’m not commenting on whether the game should happen, but how do declare a state of emergency without moving the game at the same time? Don’t declare the state of

emergency in that case. The ironic part is the storm being on a weekend, the majority of “unnecessary” travel would be for the game. The rest of WNY wants to be home watching. 

Agreed.

It's especially strange since both the government and the NFL are well known for their strong leadership, communication and transparency. 😏

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

'Lil late for this time, but would this work?

https://clear-handbags.com/products/clear-duffel-bag

As a separate note, my life changed when I discovered there is such a thing as a 2 gallon ziplock bag 🥰🥰

It's too big.  Max size on the Bills website is 12x6x12.  Nice idea though.  

5 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

It's too big.  Max size on the Bills website is 12x6x12.  Nice idea though.  

Oh, sheesh, even a 2 gallon zippie too big then.  This kind of thing, right?  You allowed one of them 12x 12s , or two?
https://www.amazon.com/Stadium-Approved-12×6×12-Festival-Non-Removable/dp/B07RFBFG4H/ref=sr_1_9?dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.mrcLpgV93t2E85ckEy78dRc8XQzPpfWt4gY13nSsZoRZyRAwVs03Yiu5wlaWvUhSj_mwUSEFH-CNdM5tP4XptYT93SjFQs-StkwiL2RNTWs7FebB3siZYYa7JDjrnI_fUBEBiz1hGCkLPQLRNtqlWg.AnUlt4z9pzcPChNsObKsd6511ZXkPvcpNv09rg0fKFk&dib_tag=se&keywords=12x12x6+clear+stadium+bag&qid=1705162384&sr=8-9

You kinda vacuum pack your gear in ziplocks you smash while you suck out the air with a straw, you can get a lot in 12x12x6 tho.

13 minutes ago, zow2 said:

It is bizzaro, and then the County Exec puts out that communication about no unnecessary travel, but ignores any mention of the Bills game. 

All i can think is that the NFL league office uses a different meteorologist than the rest of the country. and they think the conditions won’t be as bad as advertised.

We used to have a couple guys here who were Meteoroligists in training or something and who would explain what the different models were showing and whether they agreed or disagreed. 

I would love to understand what the different models are showing.

I suppose, for public consumption, they have to give the worst case scenario because if they don't and then people get caught out, it's there fault

Edited by Beck Water

1 hour ago, Milanos Milano said:

We want to enjoy the storm. It’s part of living. Just let us do it. Weather chaos makes you feel alive because it’s thrilling. 

But it’s not just about the thrills, Milanos Milano! It’s about respecting time-honored Buffalonian traditions. Risking one’s life to attend a Bills game is but one small thread in a rich cultural tapestry that is rapidly unraveling. I’m hearing it everywhere I go now:

“Don’t drive through a blizzard just to attend a football game, Kay.”

“Don’t set your body on fire and jump onto that folding table, Kay.”

“Don’t bring your battery-operated Billdo to the Patriots home game, Kay.”

“Don’t get high on LSD, cocaine, and marijuana and then cover yourself in feces from a nearby porta-potty and then hop over that fence and run down into the 40-foot hole that will become the new Bills stadium in three years…Kay.”

What next? And when does it end? Can we at least keep Dyngus Day as is? Or must pu**ywillows and water buckets soon be accompanied with bike helmets and arm floaties?

“Those who would give up a little cultural liberty for a little extra safety f*&%ing deserve neither,” said President William McKinley, I think, right before they SHOT AND KILLED HIM in the very streets of our Queen City.

If these cultural COMMUNISTS have their druthers, our new stadium will soon become a character-less dome. We’ll have to forego all tailgating in the parking lot and instead walk right to our seats before kickoff. Our beloved Bills will be members of the rechristened National Two-Hand-Touch Football League (N2HTFL). Oh, and we’ll all be eating celery sticks sans chicken wings because of the cardiovascular disease risks…while speaking to each other in some sort of culturally appropriated Canadian dialect. The end of Western New York, as we have come to know and love it, is nigh.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 6

25 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Going to Bills game is clearly “essential travel”!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Another thought - I’m 100% confident in my car and my ability to handle this.  But it’s the other bozos I don’t trust.

i decided that if they play tomorrow I’m staying in Richmond.  If they move to Monday I’ll make the drive tomorrow.

final answer.

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ

37 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Point A: If the county is under a travel advisory, or possibly a travel ban, what's going to happen when a car full of fans is like 5 miles from the stadium, and local police or the Erie County Sheriff pulls them over, gives them a ticket, and then tells them to turn the car around and go back from where they came from?  

Point B: My son-in-law also works for New York State driving a snow plow. Plows are necessary even for a rescue mission. Because during last year's blizzard, he drove a plow from Batavia to Angola with his boss following right behind with a van. They rescued people stranded on the thruway during the blizzard. 40 people and one dog to be exact. They would load up the plow and van with people, drive back to the Cheektowaga barn, make sure those being brought were inside and safe, and go right back out. He worked a 25-hour shift that day. 

Well it's currently an advisory. Unnecessary travel is not recommended, not outright banned.

Once it's an actual ban, if they pull you over and decide to ticket you it can be up to a $500 fine and a class B misdemeanor versus a lesser citation.

In terms what they will direct you to do will be mostly dependent on the situation where you are/road conditions. 

In most cases these tickets will be issued once you actually become stuck. If it's bad they aren't going to be out driving around looking for people to pull over which would only create another dangerous situation.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

I have to say, I hate the fact this game is going to be played tomorrow in such bad weather and that it will ultimately impact the game…maybe even decrease chances of victory

But it might increase the chance of victory too.  We just don’t know. In no impact weather the Steelers may have slinged the ball all over the place. They have some good receivers, Rudolph is playing well and he’s accurate.

If Pegula ever decides to sell the stadium I will buy it. Then I will install a huge area to park your snowmobiles safely. Then if the government says don’t travel on the roads, you can seek refuge at my stadium and watch the game while we enjoy the blizzard! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ALLinALLEN said:

Anyone have an inkling as to what’s going to be announced at Hochuls 12pm conference? And then Browns 3pm one? Don’t like what’s starting to add up. 

The Browns have a press conference an hour before they play a game?

10 minutes ago, Bogie_Klinkhammer said:

Why does it take 49 pages to say this weather sucks?

Because we had to debate the relative courage of the Vikings vs the typical Bills fan.  Very stimulating.  

• Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Milanos Milano said:

People know the risks. If you aren’t prepared for the risks, then It is what it is. Vikings sailed across the great oceans into the unknown. It’s amazing how scared people have become compared to human history. We have become pandas. 

When the Vikings sailed off into the ocean braving the great storm, did they expect the Coasties to set out in the heart of said storm to save their butts after they foundered?  Did they expect the rescue swimmer to jump into 30 foot seas to line them into the chopper?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, FLFan said:

Because we had to debate the relative courage of the Vikings vs the typical Bills fan.  Very stimulating.  

And for those who joined late, a clarification: Not the Minnesota Vikings Football Club. No. The actual Norse Vikings of nine centuries ago. They would play Kick the Irish Monk's Skull in gale force winds.

• Haha (+1) 2

What if they close the roads. Do they let the Steelers team bus through?  What about all the fans? Do they turn them all around? What a mess!!!This just proves again the stupidity of Goodell. It’s not the point about if snow and wind come. The latest predictions are for dire conditions, so you have to make an informed decision based on that. Anyone with any common sense would move the game to Monday afternoon. It’s easy. Monday is a holiday. I guess they compute more advertising revenue Sunday afternoon. Sad. Makes no sense and the NFL is in direct conflict with NY State. Could NY State close the stadium down? Ridiculous!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Johnnieo64 said:

What if they close the roads. Do they let the Steelers team bus through?  What about all the fans? Do they turn them all around? What a mess!!!This just proves again the stupidity of Goodell. It’s not the point about if snow and wind come. The latest predictions are for dire conditions, so you have to make an informed decision based on that. Anyone with any common sense would move the game to Monday afternoon. It’s easy. Monday is a holiday. I guess they compute more advertising revenue Sunday afternoon. Sad. Makes no sense and the NFL is in direct conflict with NY State. Could NY State close the stadium down? Ridiculous!!!!

it’s about time someone went against NY State. Thanks Roger!!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Draconator said:

It's snowing at a steady clip here in Orchard Park, and now beginning to cover the ground and pavement. 

winter is coming GIF

how’d we get 50 pages in without this?

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ
  • Haha (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, Draconator said:

It's snowing at a steady clip here in Orchard Park, and now beginning to cover the ground and pavement. 

It's coming down sideways, Forrest Gump style.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.