Tip the cap to Nostradamus aka Tony Romo

I posted this on this forum on November 18th:

"My prediction? Bills go into Miami week 18 with the seven seed on the line and beat the Dolphins, who already have the two seed locked up and don't have much to play for, then the Bills return to Miami the following week for Wild Card weekend."

The only part I got wrong was the Phins having the 2-seed locked up and nothing to play for, so...things went a touch better than I predicted (thanks, Titans).

Still...a Bills rebound and a Miami mini-collapse and a big time week 18 showdown against Miami was coming, no matter how down we felt at 6-6. You could just feel it in the air.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I don’t know if people remember but during the Chiefs game he said the Bills still had a chance at a home playoff game and was pretty much laughed at by everyone even by Jim Nantz. 
No one is laughing now. 

Even more impressive was when last year in the Chiefs game during the first quarter he said "this is going to be a 24-20 type game"

Edited by ChrisWatson#21
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

The phins always seem to have a bunch of laugher opponents in a row while other teams are playing tough games so they build up a kind of artificial division lead that everyone overreacts to. Their 3 game lead was really more of a 1.5 game lead because there’s just no way they were beating Baltimore.  Baltimore has that Shanahan system figured out.  It only took one slip up against Tennessee or losses to Dallas and Baltimore and it was game on 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

"My prediction? Bills go into Miami week 18 with the seven seed on the line and beat the Dolphins, who already have the two seed locked up and don't have much to play for, then the Bills return to Miami the following week for Wild Card weekend."

The only part I got wrong was the Phins having the 2-seed locked up and nothing to play for, so...things went a touch better than I predicted (thanks, Titans).

Still...a Bills rebound and a Miami mini-collapse and a big time week 18 showdown against Miami was coming, no matter how down we felt at 6-6. You could just feel it in the air.

Close, but no cigar. To be right, you have to be right.

😉

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

The phins always seem to have a bunch of laugher opponents in a row while other teams are playing tough games so they build up a kind of artificial division lead that everyone overreacts to. Their 3 game lead was really more of a 1.5 game lead because there’s just no way they were beating Baltimore.  Baltimore has that Shanahan system figured out.  It only took one slip up against Tennessee or losses to Dallas and Baltimore and it was game on 

Also, their home weather advantage only lasts through October… not a coincidence that their grandiose hopes fade around the same time. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Simstim said:

Close, but no cigar. To be right, you have to be right.

😉

You're not wrong.

But let's just say that at 6-5 and with roadies against Philly and KC on deck, not a lot of people were lining up in agreement with me on my prediction of a playoff berth.

• Like (+1) 1

And I told everyone who was laboring on about tiebreakers ad nauseam that it's extremely unlikely that tiebreakers will end up coming into play. 10 wins has gotten every team in since the playoffs expanded, and the last time there was a four-way tie for the final seed was 2017 (and that was with 9 wins).

Remember this next year when everyone starts panicking about tiebreakers and even saying it's okay to lose NFC games. Overall record wins out 99.9% of the time.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Logic said:

You're not wrong.

But let's just say that at 6-5 and with roadies against Philly and KC on deck, not a lot of people were lining up in agreement with me on my prediction of a playoff berth.

I know mate, only teasing.

I am one that doesn't really try and predict too much, as they too often can be thrown in your face through the tides of time and twists in this, frankly brilliant sport.

But especially this year, as injuries and the verying form (not to even talk about coaching) have had me all akimbo.

Kudos to you for standing up and staying positive 👍

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Logic said:

You're not wrong.

I’ll admit, after Philly I verbally stuck a fork in them… I did concede that if they beat KC and Dallas that I thought they’d run the table, I just didn’t think there was a chance in hell the way they were playing that they’d beat both KC and Dallas. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, ChrisWatson#21 said:

Even more impressive was when last year in the Chiefs game during the first quarter he said "this is going to be a 24-20 type game"

At the end of the game when KC crushed TB in 2020 to send TB to about .500 Romo said he thinks we see the teams meet again in February. Thought he was nuts 

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Logic said:

Made one after the Eagles game just got it wrong that the Dolphins didn't lose to the Cowboys, wonder what would the situation be if the Cowboys didn't screw up.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

Personal question, but are you from the UK or Canada? I love that but didn't think it ever aired in the US.

So tempted just to answer London.

UK.

I was hoping it might make a few people chuckle seeing a gorilla playing the drums so well

Edited by Simstim
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I don’t know if people remember but during the Chiefs game he said the Bills still had a chance at a home playoff game and was pretty much laughed at by everyone even by Jim Nantz. 
No one is laughing now. 

Tony likee 🦬 & the Unicorn!

I still think the best take is the one that said Kermit & the Fat Boy flipped out because they were so annoyed they didn’t knock out the Bills!

4 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Bills turning things around was the tough part of that prediction.

Dolphins late season collapse is like clockwork.

The negativity from fans really irritated me back then. 

There was always a chance it could happen. Why have such vitriolic doubt? 

56 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

The negativity from fans really irritated me back then. 

There was always a chance it could happen. Why have such vitriolic doubt? 

The original tweet that one ended up being within the conversation of repies of was making fun of the Bills for the OT loss to the Eagles from a Dolphins internet personality. So pretty much in line with the tone of the whole thing.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/7/2024 at 4:31 PM, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

This has been the case for at least 35 years. I remember the likes of Louis Oliver and Bryan Cox often thinking they had the AFC East wrapped up in September only for the Bills to take it from them when it mattered. Even when they won the Division in 1992, the Bills went down to Miami for the AFCCG and kicked their fins.

Edited by Punch
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

The original tweet that one ended up being within the conversation of repies of was making fun of the Bills for the OT loss to the Eagles from a Dolphins internet personality. So pretty much in line with the tone of the whole thing.

what a crappy prediction by you… they lost to the Ravens and  Titans!  Gosh, do better next time.

• Haha (+1) 2

On 1/7/2024 at 1:29 PM, Logic said:

Any predictions for the Pitt game? Maybe you can make me some money. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.