Reliable reports that both Waddle and Mostert are "not expected to play tonight" (belinda)

Simon

• Simon changed the title to Reliable reports that both Waddle and Mostert are "not expected to play tonight" (belinda)

In my mind the Bills no longer have any excuses on this one.

With everything on the line, the Dolphins. Are down their best O-line and the remainder is dinged. While potent, Hill and Achae should be able to be slowed. 

Bills by a billion 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Everytime I hear Mostert isn't playing. It doesn't really mean anything because Achane is even more dangerous in my opinion 

As in "is he an equally good player?"

I'd argue yes.

Does it mean Miami can't spell him out and be as effective? Also yes. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

With everything on the line, the Dolphins. Are down their best O-line and the remainder is dinged. While potent, Hill and Achae should be able to be slowed. 

Bills by a billion 

Armstead is out ? 

1 minute ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Bills by a billion 

I'd argue yes.

I feel Achane can break an 80 yarder moreso than Mostert can. The guy had a 2 game period at one point this year where he had like 350 yards on like 16 carries before he got hurt. Most of what Mostert does is inside the 10 which is why he has like 21 TDs

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Everytime I hear Mostert isn't playing. It doesn't really mean anything because Achane is even more dangerous in my opinion 

He is dangerous, but I don’t think he can carry the load if they need to rely on their running game.  Hopefully we can make them one dimensional.  

1 minute ago, Buffalo03 said:

I feel Achane can break an 80 yarder moreso than Mostert can. The guy had a 2 game period at one point this year where he had like 350 yards on like 16 carries before he got hurt. Most of what Mostert does is inside the 10 which is why he has like 21 TDs

Achane is a big play threat (although Mostert is too in fairness) but I also think if you play with proper discipline and leverage he is the easier guy to stop. Mostert is one of those guys who gets 5 when there is 3 yards there courtesy of  blocking. 

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I thought Armstead was playing albeit possibly dinged up?

He is.

They will also likely be getting their starting RG back

30 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

It matters.  Achane is brittle and also a little banged up. If they decide to give Mosterts touches to Achane, my bet is that he doesn’t finish the game.  

mostert is a very good back and Achane needs another good back to soak up some touches so he doesn’t get broken 

jmo

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, NewEra said:

It matters.  Achane is brittle and also a little banged up. If they decide to give Mosterts touches to Achane, my bet is that he doesn’t finish the game.  

mostert is a very good back and Achane needs another good back to soak up some touches so he doesn’t get broken 

jmo

Achane is more explosive in my opinion. The guy has more of a chance of breaking a long run at any time. He's scary. I hope we contain him but he's scary

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

All of their backs seem to be injury prone. So, if they can go into a game without one of them that could be a bid deal if the one gets banged up during the game. 

Just now, Process said:

Losing this game would be inexcusable. I am very confident that Terry doesn't see it this way. But it would be another fireable offense in a season full of them. 

That ship sailed when we won back-to-back games against the Chiefs and Cowboys. Not to mention the two we won after those games. 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Buffalo03 said:

Achane is more explosive in my opinion. The guy has more of a chance of breaking a long run at any time. He's scary. I hope we contain him but he's scary

Yeah- he’s more explosive and scary.  He’s also a lot smaller and can’t withstand being the bell cow imo.

I expect him to get heavy usage today- if I’m McDaniel he would lead the team in targets with 10+ 

So they will have a hobbled Hill as far as stars to deal with.    Never underestimate the no name guy who gets open all day in a hole in the zone on this defense though.   Also, they will try to run with Achane and Wilson still 

Achane is still dealing with a toe and rib injury hes gonna be far from 100%.  For the life of me i dont know how, other than pain killers before kickoff, a RB could play with a rib injury they hurt like hell.  Especially after a hit or two on it

Edited by Iiiiiiiiive Got a Feeeelin
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo03 said:

He also gets hurt a lot during games. Literally almost every game. I've streamed most Fins games this year to watch them on my laptop while watching whatever other games that were on TV at the time. 

Edited by Big Turk

27 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

He also gets hurt a lot during games. Literally almost every game. I've streamed most Fins games this year to watch them on my laptop while watching whatever other games that were on TV at the time. 

He is exactly the kind of guy that Ed Oliver has the awareness to go the extra mile to land all his weight on. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Bills by a billion 

Agree with you there, particularly the no-excuse bit. 

I'd argue yes.

Achane is a different type of RB.  I'd rather have him out than Mostert as in our first game against them. 

When Achane's gotten double-digit carries he's averaged nearly 9 ypc.  He's a huge shifty big play threat every time he logs a touch.  

• Like (+1) 1

For the mostert discussion…. 

yes achane is a good change of pace, but also wasn’t Wilson slotted up to be their starter before injury? So they still have a 1-2 punch in play?

I’ll take a guy with a million tds sitting but I’m not sure there’s a huge cliff in this case. 

to the rest of it… this may not go down as the most talented team in our window but if we don’t make a real Super Bowl run given the state of the afc this year it’ll go down as one of the biggest regrets in the window. This team should win tonight, be the 2 and play like the best team in the conference. You never know how the ball will bounce in the playoffs but this is a year where the expectation waking up this morning is to win it and then win a few more.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Bills by a billion 

I'd argue yes.

Everyone keeps quoting me asking if Armstead is out. I was quoting this poster’s 2nd paragraph stating that their best “O-line” is out. I’m Assuming that’s Armstead

27 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

This true? Also hill was in a boot wasn't he? What was his injury?

It was a question in response to someone saying Miami's best OL is out (referring to their center).

20 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

Everyone keeps quoting me asking if Armstead is out. I was quoting this poster’s 2nd paragraph stating that their best “O-line” is out. I’m Assuming that’s Armstead

Terron Armstead does not have an injury designation for the game.  He was Full Practice on Friday.

Same for Liam Eichenberg (Center) and Robert Hunt (Guard) and Austin Jackson (OT)

Tyreek Hill was also a Full Practice on Friday, although he was seen in a boot on Thursday at his home when dealing with the aftermath of the fire there.

https://www.rotowire.com/football/practice-report.php?team=MIA

2 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

Mostert has 20 TDs this year though. Insane stat for a 31 year old

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

For the mostert discussion…. 

yes achane is a good change of pace, but also wasn’t Wilson slotted up to be their starter before injury? So they still have a 1-2 punch in play?

I’ll take a guy with a million tds sitting but I’m not sure there’s a huge cliff in this case. 

to the rest of it… this may not go down as the most talented team in our window but if we don’t make a real Super Bowl run given the state of the afc this year it’ll go down as one of the biggest regrets in the window. This team should win tonight, be the 2 and play like the best team in the conference. You never know how the ball will bounce in the playoffs but this is a year where the expectation waking up this morning is to win it and then win a few more.

Correct, but it could open up a possibility of playing the Steelers or Texans, no? Those aren't good match ups for the Bills IMHO.

3 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I keep reading this.  What does it even mean "no excuses"?

If they "no longer" have excuses does it mean they did at one point, and what were they?

I'll hang up and listen.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I keep reading this.  What does it even mean "no excuses"?

If they "no longer" have excuses does it mean they did at one point, and what were they?

I'll hang up and listen.

If the Bills do not win this game then they do not deserve to be in the playoffs and should consider eating bad contracts.

And yes, I made excuses for them this season: losing a home game and being forced to play overseas vs a rested team. Bad injuries to core defenders. Bad ref jobs. Dorsey unprepared.

If they lose today they were not good enough this season and will have limited chances to get better going into next year and fans should think about 2025

11 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

If the Bills do not win this game then they do not deserve to be in the playoffs and should consider eating bad contracts.

And yes, I made excuses for them this season: losing a home game and being forced to play overseas vs a rested team. Bad injuries to core defenders. Bad ref jobs. Dorsey unprepared.

If they lose today they were not good enough this season and will have limited chances to get better going into next year and fans should think about 2025

OK, so "no excuses" means if the Bills do not win this game, their roster construction is fatally flawed and they should burn it down? (I'm just trying to understand)

What about Josh Allen's shoulder, now neck and finger, injuries?  The mysterious plummet in Diggs snaps and effectiveness?  And, for whatever reason, the comparative ineffectiveness of our offense for the last 2 weeks? 

I don't want to enter a debate about "excuses", but while I agree that if the Bills don't win this, they don't deserve to be in the playoffs - it seems to me that they might have a pretty good roster build with a couple injured key players (including the most important one) and possibly with an OC who really isn't up to the job

12 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

"Not expected to play" by whom?

Whoever Rapaport and Pelissero's sources may be.  They typically don't report unless they have pretty good sources.  But also, stuff changes, right?  Mitch Morse was "questionable", now he has been revised to no game day status meaning he's good to go.

Edited by Beck Water

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.