Bills-Dolphins Week 18 for the Division! SUNDAY NIGHT GAME

BuffaloBillyG

Just now, BuffaloBillyG said:

Ravens backups can still beat Pittsburgh. Sooner or later Mason Rudolph is going to play like Masin Rudolph. Christmas is over, time for Rudy to head back to the barn.

I don't disagree Baltimore can still win.  I think kenny pickett is playing this week.  

Its going to be tough for baltimore if they play backup offensive lineman though.

Just now, CaptnCoke11 said:

No they absolutely won’t beat Pittsburgh with their reserves.  Bills need to win

I said CAN. You use ABSOLUTELY. You're already wrong.

Nothing is absolute especially in the NFL. You have Mason Rudolph vs Tyler Huntley. That's the QB matchup. You willing to throw an absolute on Mason Rudolph's shoulders? If so DM me...Id like to place a wager.

1 minute ago, MikePJ76 said:

I don't disagree Baltimore can still win.  I think kenny pickett is playing this week.  

Its going to be tough for baltimore if they play backup offensive lineman though.

Can't find it at the moment, however Pickett said yesterday he's going to be the #2 this week. Sounds like they are running with Rudolph.

• Agree 6

1 minute ago, MikePJ76 said:

Pretty sure Mason Rudolph is starting. He played well for them last week. The Steelers actually scored points for a change. I doubt Tomlin goes back to Pickett in a must win game.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Gregg said:

Pretty sure Mason Rudolph is starting. He played well for them last week. The Steelers actually scored points for a change. I doubt Tomlin goes back to Pickett in a must win game.

I actually have not seen who is the starter but I have read a couple of times that pickett is practicing.  It would make perfect sense like you said to stay with rudolph.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Tomlin already confirmed they're rolling with MR

• Like (+1) 1

Huntley has a fair amount of experience, and he's been pretty solid at times.  Heard the weather for that game will be miserable.  Maybe he can lead the Ravens to a W in a close, low-scoring kind of game.

Not counting on it, certainly.  But it'd be nice.

18 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

I actually have not seen who is the starter but I have read a couple of times that pickett is practicing.  It would make perfect sense like you said to stay with rudolph.

20 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Confirmation.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

It's a reasonable question, but I don't think the Ravens will take essentially three weeks off before playing another meaningful game.  The risk of losing your edge is too great.  Besides, if you're Baltimore and you see what you just did to Miami do you really think Buffalo will lose to them anyway?

It's a dangerous thing to screw around with your team in an effort to try and game the system.  Sure, the rest of the AFC would prefer not to see the Bills but I don't think any coaches are making decisions on that basis.

I'd bet if you ask coaches, most would prefer not to have a bye at all unless there are key players they are trying to get healthy.

Told you guys there is no way they are risking injury in a meaningless game...

• Eyeroll 1

35 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Live in ravens country.  This team has alot of pride. They try and win every game even pre season. Won like 17 in a row. Saw an article where Harbaugh said you really can only scratch 6 players. Ravens back ups are pretty solid. Couple starters are close to contract invectives.  The crowd may not be a huge factor but if the ravens can stop the run game they win. Feels like if ravens have a weakness it’s at CB.  I expect them to shut down Rudolph and win a tight ugly game.  Every Pitt Balt game is a war 

Edited by billsfanmd07
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Everybody who is already called the Ravens a loss no nothing about football LOL

The NFL is literally weak to week

The Ravens are not sitting 22 starters...

It's Huntley versus Mason Rudolph and Huntley has playoff experience... They absolutely can win the game

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Nice to see. 

But as thrilled as I am, there is a pretty sizable veteran core that is aging out that is either dead cap or very hard to replace.

Hyde's contract is up, and I legitmately think he might hang up his cleats. He's had neck injuries two years in a row, and just turned 33. And yet, no matter what, we are paying for him on void years. Poyer is a touch younger and we have him another year, but his play has trailed off this year. It pains me seeing them at this point, because I remember how they were new arrivals to set the tone at the start of McDermott's tenure and by all accounts have been model teammates.

Von Miller might bounce back, but with his personal business his contract is looking like an albatross at the moment. 

Diggs is 30. Maybe he has a Larry Fitzgerald like career, but not a ton of guys hit another gear at that point...and a lot start to regress. He's on the books at least until 2025.

Tre White might have just had a career ending injury, and is a possible cut candidate.

I'm not saying this to be a Debbie Downer. The team has a lot to look forward to. But there is going to be some painful transition coming up.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

55 minutes ago, Rubes said:

I wonder if all the snowbirds that just left for Florida after New Years are driving a lot of those figures. Not exactly the loud and rowdy crowd, but it would still be embarrassing for the Dolphins to have 52% of fans Buffalo fans on the biggest game of the season.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

It's Huntley versus Mason Rudolph and Huntley has playoff experience... They absolutely can win the game

The current line confirms that the vast majority believe this to be true.

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

I agree, but I think it's absolutely necessary for the Bills to prepare this week as if it's do or die.

I'll be happy if the Bills just get into the dance, but there's a big difference in matchups between playing the Colts, Texans or Steelers at home, with an eye on hosting Chiefs, Browns, AFC South winner...and needing to play Miami on the road back to back, then Baltimore on the road.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I agree, but I think it's absolutely necessary for the Bills to prepare this week as if it's do or die.

I'll be happy if the Bills just get into the dance, but there's a big difference in matchups between playing the Colts, Texans or Steelers at home, with an eye on hosting Chiefs, Browns, AFC South winner...and needing to play Miami on the road back to back, then Baltimore on the road.

Oh I'm not saying prepare to lose to Miami lol

The bills absolutely need to take care of their own business

But I would not be surprised if the Ravens beat the Steelers

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, NewEra said:

6 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Related, notice anything about tyreek in this picture?

I have been burned (ok potentially a poor choice of words) by the Bills getting losing to backups to take a preemptive victory lap but jeeeeez that is some bad luck.

Chubb and Howard being out at this point was already a foregone conclusion but I am carefully eyeing Mostert, Waddle and Achae on the injury report. After Hill (who definitely isn't 100% but is still dangerous) who else do they have as skill positions?

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Oh I'm not saying prepare to lose to Miami lol

The bills absolutely need to take care of their own business

But I would not be surprised if the Ravens beat the Steelers

Agreed. I wouldn't bet on it, because backup games are flukey, but I remember Matt Barkley and backups tearing it up vs Miami in a must win game for them, and the infamous "Bills couldn't beat the Steelers backups to get into the playoffs" moment.

4 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Agreed. I wouldn't bet on it, because backup games are flukey, but I remember Matt Barkley and backups tearing it up vs Miami in a must win game for them, and the infamous "Bills couldn't beat the Steelers backups to get into the playoffs" moment.

Yea I'm not saying Baltimore is gonna walk over Pitt... 

But those backups are going to be hungry to play... Huntley has experience... And I don't think the talent Gap is that large

18 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Related, notice anything about tyreek in this picture?

That's quite a ski boot that the Cheetah is wearing there....that or maybe he's planning on kicking the a$$ of whoever set his house on fire

For any person checking this board and wondering why we are so hungry for injury updates on Hill, Waddle, Mostert and Achae, why we might almost seem bloodthirsty...

Dolphins Rushing Leaders

1) Mostert - 1012 yards

2) Achae - 744 yard

3) Jeff Wilson Jr. - 143 yards

Dolphins Receiving Leaders

1) Tyreek Hill - 1717 yards

2) Jaylen Waddle - 1014 yards

3) Durham Smythe - 336 yards

The drop off is astounding

• Thank you (+1) 1

This is really not setting up well for the good guys.  Zero confidence in getting help from Baltimore or Tennessee and not encouraged by the way we’ve played the last two games.  Hoping the offense can flip an invisible switch and turn things around because Miami will score on us.  Prolly gonna need at least 30-35 pts

• Eyeroll 2

32 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

It makes a ton of sense for Baltimore to rest key guys.  With that said, totally agree with you, that they could still beat the Steelers.  Especially, the guys playing might be more loose, since the game doesn’t have playoff implications for them.  If you even give their backups a 15% chance of winning, and then Titans a 30% chance against the Jags, there’s a 40% chance at least one of those teams are going to win.  So, not impossible to think the Bills will have clinched a WC spot before Sunday night. 

5 minutes ago, henry jones said:

This is really not setting up well for the good guys.  Zero confidence in getting help from Baltimore or Tennessee and not encouraged by the way we’ve played the last two games.  Hoping the offense can flip an invisible switch and turn things around because Miami will score on us.  Prolly gonna need at least 30-35 pts

The Bills did beat them the last time 48-20 and Miami was a healthier team then as opposed to now.

4 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Steelers are such a weird team. They look like they don't have an NFL offense then all of a sudden go into Seattle against a good team and seemingly score at will

You didn’t see the Bengals game? Steelers looked like the best team in the league that week. They’re gonna wreck the Ravens.

Edited by Governor

5 minutes ago, Gregg said:

The Bills did beat them the last time 48-20 and Miami was a healthier team then as opposed to now.

Miami did come off a 70 pointer the week before and I’m sure we’re all caught up in the headlines and our offense has become very offensive since then.  Hopefully we recapture the good vibes from that game

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.