Patriots at Bills postgame thread

BuffaloBill

1 hour ago, Inigo Montoya said:

My thoughts (worth what you pay for them)

1.  An ugly win is better than an ugly loss

2.  Josh always rises to the occasion vs the Phins, might be a good launch game into the playoffs

3.  If the Bills run anything other than the tush-push on 3rd and 1, they should beat Joe Brady with a stick

4.  Von sitting today in favor of Epenesa was the right call.  He needs to sit next week too.

5.  Douglas is going to get a fat contract in the off season

6.  It's crazy the Bills are looking at clinching the #2 seed after where they were after the Broncos fiasco

7.  Will this season end up being the most unlikely of Bills' Super Bowls?

Re: #7, the third SB, where we lost the division in Houston when Kelly got hurt, then had The Comeback, then had to go to Pittsburgh and Miami to get to the SB… that felt more unlikely than this would.  Particularly when it was 35-3 Oilers.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BlazinBill said:

This^ - it's way overdue at this point and are extremely lucky we haven't dealt with a significant wr injury - we have guys -Cook/Kincaid/Shakkir are great guys to chip away and hit you with jabs now we just need that overhand right - You get another WR and Diggs automatically gets better but for whatever reason, Diggs just isn't enough right now.

Man how much better could things have been with DHop

Beane really whiffed at the WR position. He’s don this with the oline over and over again. Goes for guys that he thinks can make a jump instead of proven players. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

11 minutes ago, BlazinBill said:

This^ - it's way overdue at this point and are extremely lucky we haven't dealt with a significant wr injury - we have guys -Cook/Kincaid/Shakkir are great guys to chip away and hit you with jabs now we just need that overhand right - You get another WR and Diggs automatically gets better but for whatever reason, Diggs just isn't enough right now.

Man how much better could things have been with DHop

My number one off-season want, last year, was to acquire another WR to be a 1(b)  to Diggs.  Someone really good. 

It's going to be the same this off-season as well!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

The Bills win games like next week against Miami, and sometimes make it look like no sweat. Then, there’s a game in the playoffs that they lose, and look and feel like they were never going to win at no point during the game.

Just wish the Buffalo Bills could have a post season with “Super Bowl winning confidence” and swagger throughout. Then, Titletown USA. But with this HC, how could that ever be possible. He’s confidence/swagger-less.

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1

6 minutes ago, BananaB said:

Beane really whiffed at the WR position. He’s don this with the oline over and over again. Goes for guys that he thinks can make a jump instead of proven players. 

Shakir is lookin pretty good…I feel like Kincaids gotta partly count as a wr to the way they use him too…its been a mixed bag though for sure 

Watched another replay of the Zappe TD.  Even worse than the non-called hold on Dodson, TB was running straight at Zappe, and #60 on the Cheats just reached out, grabbed him around the neck and dragged him to the ground, no call.  Brutal play that nearly cost us the game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Defense had a very good game.

Offense?  Not so much.

Observations sitting upper deck:

Josh missed a ton of wide open receivers.  Some were quick passes, a lot of others were guys wide open and he was stuck on his first and second reads. Not sure what the issue is, but he is not seeing the field as well as he has.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, RunTheBall said:

W! That’s all that matters. I don’t care what it looked like, we did what we had to do.

I’ve been saying it for weeks but the shine is off Brady. His play calling has been ASS for 2 weeks in a row. It’s Dorsey-esque and I’m not sold on him for next year.

I love Josh, we go where he goes, and he SUCKED today again. His mechanics have been declining all year long. He’s throwing off his back foot, not seeing the field well, and his accuracy has been garbage. It doesn’t help that our receivers get zero separation against man and Brady can’t scheme open a guy to save his life. BUT - we’ve got another week to figure it out and spank Miami.

For the 15th week in a row I can’t understand how Smiley still has a job. Martin was great but overall special teams coverage and decision making on kick off returns was horrendous. Pure garbage and for the amount of money we spend on ST someone has to get the axe.

Thank you McD for calling that TO and getting Brady’s head out of his ass on the 3rd and 1 shotgun

Douglas was defensive MVP

Murray should be benched, 2 drive killing mistakes.

Defense was overall solid but got gashed with ANOTHER 50 yard screen. WTF??

We are on to Miami where I feel very confident we will stomp them and I’m never, ever confident.

Good post. I'm not sure how you can feel confident about the Miami game? 

Did you read your post? Nothing in it displays confidence. 

Don't get me wrong the Bills can definitely win and hopefully they do. However, they can easily lose the road game as well. 

I'm optimistic but very concerned the Bills might not make the playoffs. Pretty bummed that a loss could very well send them home. I was really hoping after today the Bills clinched a playoff birth. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

And inspite of that we still won. It might mean the TEAM is better than some think.

The defense has definitely improved since October and playing terrific.  If they can clean those bubble and screen plays we should be good

Division games are typically close and NE has a good defense. Belichick is a HOF coach and has prepared for Josh Allen a bazillion times now. I expected a relatively close game. I expect next week will be somewhat close but McDermott has Tua’s number I think. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Observations sitting upper deck:

Josh missed a ton of wide open receivers.  Some were quick passes, a lot of others were guys wide open and he was stuck on his first and second reads. Not sure what the issue is, but he is not seeing the field as well as he has.

Good to hear this. Cause on TV it appears there is no one open and the WRs aren’t capable of it, which isn’t fixable. Getting Josh to find guys is, especially if he has more pocket time.

Edited by Best Williams Available

47 minutes ago, BananaB said:

To be fair to Beane, once a team is paying full salary at 4 key positions (QB, WR, Edge, and CB) he really can’t afford to be going for a second “proven player” at WR.  He’s either drafting or going for guys he thinks can make a jump.

And I thought most folks thought Beane had finally done significant moves on OL

Now should Beane have done some cap manipulations to bring in someone better in FA or put a little more draft capital into it sure.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

To be fair to Beane, once a team is paying full salary at 4 key positions (QB, WR, Edge, and CB) he really can’t afford to be going for a second “proven player” at WR.  He’s either drafting or going for guys he thinks can make a jump.

And I thought most folks thought Beane had finally done significant moves on OL

Now should Beane have done some cap manipulations to bring in someone better in FA or put a little more draft capital into it sure.

Today. we had a jail break on the OL.  If they fixed that the running game will work which will allow Play Action to work.  Josh is usually deadly with Play Action

Passing game was brutal. Running game was good, with the potential to be very good but we didn't stick with it 

This game was all about the defense.  Multiple turnovers, under 20 points and playing fast,aggressive ball

A win is a win 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Today. we had a jail break on the OL.  If they fixed that the running game will work which will allow Play Action to work.  Josh is usually deadly with Play Action

sure seemed like it was McGovern who struggled and then at times morse also.

Just now, JerseyBills said:

Passing game was brutal. Running game was good, with the potential to be very good but we didn't stick with it 

This game was all about the defense.  Multiple turnovers, under 20 points and playing fast,aggressive ball

A win is a win 

and yet the biggest play of the game was an incredible punt that was downed at the 5 which basically killed the pats ability to run their offense.  

it was the most important play of the game and then like last week on the final drive, Allen hit guys repeatedly for first downs and they trusted the running game in this critical situation and they ran the ball out to win.  

The first half was where the passing game was struggling but the second half seemed fine.  Not getting the first down on 3rd and 1 early in the 4th was a big problem and kept the game up in the air.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

41 minutes ago, Success said:

The Bills are a very good team that plays down to the level of their competition.

The Dolphins just aren't very good.

I like the odds.

Come on bro. You'd like the odds of the Bills were playing SF at their house. Let's be honest here. No offense but you rarely have a criticism of the team. 

2 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Come on bro. You'd like the odds of the Bills were playing SF at their house. Let's be honest here. No offense but you rarely have a criticism of the team. 

Sorry that it bugs ya.

24 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

Sacrifice draft capital to get one of the good guys. It’s time for that push. Use whatever else on young, cheap safty talent. 

as it stands today the bills are lacking in players under contract on the defensive line and are stuck with a sunk cost in Miller.

they have to rebuild the entire unit it feels like.  Then they have an issue at safety.  

this is the wrong offseason to be wasting draft picks.  

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

The Bills, at home, played an awful NFL team who started their 3rd string QB, was missing their #1 RB, #1 WR, #2 WR,  missed 2 FGs and had a -3 turnover margin.  The Bills won by 6…SIX points!  🤮 

I can tell you’ll really rock the NYE party

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Josh was poor today. Even when he had time he was off, the WRs had little separation, and Brady's play calling and scheme seems to be faltering. The honeymoon faze is over. 

I was surprised that the Bills ran the ball decently vs the Pats D. 

I just don't get the sense this team has the makeup or talent to make a deep playoff run. The saving grace is other teams seem equally vulnerable. Balt looks really good though. McD seems to scheme well vs Lamar but that offense looks more explosive and dangerous. 

First things first make the dance. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Anti-Matter, meet Matter

🤯

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Success said:

Sorry that it bugs ya.

No need to apologize at all. Optimism isn't a bad thing. I think you are a little over the top. 

However, I'm way over the top in the opposite direction. I bug lots here but that's not my goal or intention. 

Just differing ways of seeing things. So long as it's professional it's all good. You are always classy and respectful despite our differences. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1

Josh was poor today. Even when he had time he was off, the WRs had little separation, and Brady's play calling and scheme seems to be faltering. The honeymoon faze is over. 

I was surprised that the Bills ran the ball decently vs the Pats D. 

I just don't get the sense this team has the makeup or talent to make a deep playoff run. The saving grace is other teams seem equally vulnerable. Balt looks really good though. McD seems to scheme well vs Lamar but that offense looks more explosive and dangerous. 

First things first make the dance. 

Oh, hell, why should the team bother when their QB was poor, the WR can’t separate, the OC sucks, you’re surprised they can run (after the Cowboys game?) and they just don’t have the makeup or talent to make a deep playoff run?

According to you, that is.  ⛈️

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

No need to apologize at all. Optimism isn't a bad thing. I think you are a little over the top. 

However, I'm way over the top in the opposite direction. I bug lots here but that's not my goal or intention. 

Just differing ways of seeing things. So long as it's professional it's all good. You are always classy and respectful dispute our differences. 

What about my post was too much?

I said I liked our odds, and think we're the better team.  Do you not like our odds - and do you think Miami is the better team?

I get that I veer positive, but it didn't seem like something anyone should have much of an issue with.

Just differing ways of seeing things. So long as it's professional it's all good. You are always classy and respectful dispute our differences. 

OK, I give you credit for self-awareness

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Our special teams are not great. I do find it interesting that media never calls his name. When was the last time Mathew 😃 Smiley was mentioned by name? Bobby April, DeHavens. I heard and remember these names….

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.