Dolphins Fans ?

NakedSquid

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

They should. 

Contrary to what many here want to believe, Miami is a team packed with talent on both sides of the ball. They have one of the most explosive offenses ever seen. They can pass, run and have a lot of misdirection plays that are fun to watch and put people in the best position to succeed. 

They are (like most teams) better at home than on the road. If they get that #1 seed they will be a very tough out. 

I give them a ton of credit for putting together a very good team. I think they drop this week unless Baltimore comes in and has a let down game after beating San Francisco. Week 18 on their field is going to be a battle. Whoever walks away with that game will have earned it. I think the Bills beat them. But Miami is more than capable of winning it at home. Let's see how it plays out.

Baltimore will NOT have a let down game. Playing at home for the #1 seed with a tough minded head coach and a very well rounded team. Not to mention, the Waddle injury will make the Dolphins easier to defend, and the Ravens are already stacked on D.

Edited by BuffaninSarasota
add

9 minutes ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

Baltimore will NOT have a let down game. Playing at home for the #1 seed with a tough minded head coach and a very well rounded team. Not to mention, the Waddle injury will make the Dolphins easier to defend, and the Ravens are already stacked on D.

All very true and very valid reasons. I do not disagree in the least.

But even with all that going for them, stuff happens in football. It's a game that is both unpredictable and yet predictable at the same time. Can't wait to see how this one forms on the field of play.

1 minute ago, boater said:

I hope so.

I expected the Cowboys to as well. I guess wishful thinking caused me to fall for a false prophet.

I just think the make up of the teams between the Cowboys and the ravens are different

The Cowboys are smaller and they play kind of soft. I’m kind of surprised that they’re having the season that they’re having but they are playing a bunch of nfc teams

The ravens are a physical bunch

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

Yeah, but, if we have to face the Ravens in the playoffs it will be the same situation. All of the people will be saying the same things except we’ll be in the Dolphins shoes. 

Will you agree with the analysts, etc. when they say that about us? 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

They’re 11-4 playing for the #1 seed and to win the AFCE outright with a win over Baltimore. I give them credit for taking care of their business. With that said us puking away wins to Denver, NYJ and NE or we’d be playing for the #1 seed. Instead we need to win out and hope MIA loses this weekend at Baltimore. I’m hopeful Baltimore wins and brings physicality to the game.

First and foremost we better take care of business against NE!

If the Bills win the AFCE, that MIA confidence will take a hit!

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

19 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

All very true and very valid reasons. I do not disagree in the least.

But even with all that going for them, stuff happens in football. It's a game that is both unpredictable and yet predictable at the same time. Can't wait to see how this one forms on the field of play.

In addition, I think Baltimore remembers very vividly the game early last season in which they melted down at home in the 4th quarter and allowed a huge Miami comeback.  There is some revenge at play as well...

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Fleezoid said:

I hope so too, Baltimore destroying Miami. But I can also see a Baltimore team having a let-down after beating the 49ers and playing like porkchops. Thereby gifting Miami a win. 

Even if Miami wins it won't be because of a Ravens letdown. There is no chance of a letdown when they can clinch the #1 seed. Getting that extra week off and only having to play 2 home playoff games to get to the Super Bowl is huge. 

23 hours ago, NakedSquid said:

I don't understand their cockiness.  

It comes from insecurity.

They know in their heart of hearts that this Tua + McDaniels thing isn't going to work out... so they're extremely sensitive any time someone questions that and they're overcompensating. It's been 50 years since they've won a Super Bowl and they've been dominated by the Patriots and now Josh for 20+ years. 

They're in a dark place, they just don't know it.

18 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Even if Miami wins it won't be because of a Ravens letdown. There is no chance of a letdown when they can clinch the #1 seed. Getting that extra week off and only having to play 2 home playoff games to get to the Super Bowl is huge. 

Oh yeah. True. I forgot about the 1-seed factor. Just got a little bit more excited about the 1 pm NFL viewing. 

On 12/26/2023 at 5:01 PM, NakedSquid said:

I don't understand their cockiness.  My best friend is a Dfan and he's talking all this ***** how they are going to win out.  They finally/ barely beat a team with a winning record who's  the worst road team.  And they think he/they think they'll easily win out.  Did they not see what Baltimore did to 49ers?  When was the last time they beat the Bills without 100 degree heat?  And both Wadle and Hill have ankle injuries.... I don't get it.  Thanks for letting me vent ... Merry Christmas  Bills Mafia!!! 

Um, have you ever seen us? Every fan base is like this. Miami is so indifferent. It’s actually nice to have a rivalry again and for them to care. It’s also fun because they are getting their hopes up just to be severely disappointed.

youre allowed as fans to be excited when your team does good!

1 hour ago, Fleezoid said:

I hope so too, Baltimore destroying Miami. But I can also see a Baltimore team having a let-down after beating the 49ers and playing like porkchops. Thereby gifting Miami a win. 

I can definitely see this. The Ravens should remember their last game against Miami where they blew the game late and can clinch the number 1 seed and potentially two games off (won’t have to play their starters week 18).

3 hours ago, Fleezoid said:

No letdown for the Ravens. They are at home playing for the number one seed. 

They might get beat by an elite Miami team but it's unlikely it's by a letdown. 

Edited by newcam2012

On 12/26/2023 at 2:01 PM, NakedSquid said:

I don't understand their cockiness.  My best friend is a Dfan and he's talking all this ***** how they are going to win out.  They finally/ barely beat a team with a winning record who's  the worst road team.  And they think he/they think they'll easily win out.  Did they not see what Baltimore did to 49ers?  When was the last time they beat the Bills without 100 degree heat?  And both Wadle and Hill have ankle injuries.... I don't get it.  Thanks for letting me vent ... Merry Christmas  Bills Mafia!!! 

Without even checking I can tell you right now that the person giving you an eye roll is almost certainly @Airseven

4 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

Airseven gets really upset when people talk smack against the Fins doesn't he

Wonder what Airseven’s screen name is on FinHeaven ?

5 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Yeah, but, if we have to face the Ravens in the playoffs it will be the same situation. All of the people will be saying the same things except we’ll be in the Dolphins shoes. 

Will you agree with the analysts, etc. when they say that about us? 

I could give a sh*it about what people/analysts might have to say. The Bills are the Bills and there is no comparison to another team. I don’t believe in false equivalencies.

6 hours ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Phins are in trouble without Waddle.  Ravens crushed what looked like an unstoppable,  when healthy, team. That Baltimore defense is for real.  I haven't seen Tua be the guy when off script, this will be a big game for him.  Should be a great game to watch.

Unfortunately , the NFL has 10 early games scheduled, so while it would be great to watch, unless you forego the Bills game, you can't watch it.  So stupid of the league to have so many games on at the same time. Makes no sense.

On 12/26/2023 at 2:01 PM, NakedSquid said:

Things are looking good, Airseven gave you an eye roll! The gods must be favoring us!

13 hours ago, klos63 said:

Unfortunately , the NFL has 10 early games scheduled, so while it would be great to watch, unless you forego the Bills game, you can't watch it.  So stupid of the league to have so many games on at the same time. Makes no sense.

Unless you have two TVs!  

but I agree…. So stupid of the league not to flex that game

I’ve got a bad feeling Lamar is going to lay an absolute egg against Miami and that’s why I’m extremely nervous about it.

The Dolphins D is better than the 49ers ATM the 49ers D is banged up.  The Dolphins secondary is better than the 49ers.  

No word on Hamilton’s status yet.  

I think it’s going to be a low scoring game a true 50-50 toss up.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.