New England Week

TFBillsfan

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Don't be a dream killer McDermott.

What he said still leaves room for a Milano return

“McDermott ‘believes’ that’s a no go”

Still not a 100% guarantee he is out. McDermott said Daquan Jones was not looking good to return this season and here he is. 

He holds his cards close 

Edited by Bills!Win!
  • Agree 3

30 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

Still not a 100% guarantee he is out. McDermott said Daquan Jones was not looking good to return this season and here he is. 

He holds his cards close 

Fuller quote (hopefully this embeds right):

My interpretation: Last time he talked to the medical staff about Milano, they said he’s done for the year. He hasn’t asked again and they haven’t brought it up. If (big if) something was to change, the medical staff would probably bring it up unprompted. 

5 minutes ago, Cash said:

Fuller quote (hopefully this embeds right):

My interpretation: Last time he talked to the medical staff about Milano, they said he’s done for the year. He hasn’t asked again and they haven’t brought it up. If (big if) something was to change, the medical staff would probably bring it up unprompted. 

The odd thing about Milano's injury is we really never got the full injury, did we?

All I remember or can find was that he had fractured his leg and "feared to have season ending knee injury".  Did we ever hear anything official regarding his knee injury and if it required surgery?

I feel like that is something that would have come up or been asked within the week of the injury but don't recall ever hearing anything about it.  All I could find was he will have leg surgery and be out indefinitely.  No specifics to the surgery he had.

Edited by The Wiz

Regarding Milano...

One can't help but wonder if a player who relies on his speed and who plays at a position that relies on lateral movement, having hurried back from injury and playing on a freshly healed leg and after a 14 week layoff, would really be more effective than Tyrel Dodson at this point anyway.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Patrick Duffy said:

Haven't checked yet, but hope the weather isn't going to be one of those crazy games the Bills have at home once or twice a season

10 Day Weather-Buffalo, NY

Sun 31 | Day

37°

SW6 mph

Cloudy early with periods of light rain and snow later in the day. High 37F. Winds light and variable. Chance of precip 60%.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Logic said:

Regarding Milano...

One can't help but wonder if a player who relies on his speed and who plays at a position that relies on lateral movement, having hurried back from injury and playing on a freshly healed leg and after a 14 week layoff, would really be more effective than Tyrel Dodson at this point anyway.

This. 

People are happy that DaQuan Jones is back.  I'm happy that DaQuan Jones is back.  But we have to understand that DaQuan playing with a surgically repaired pec, 12 weeks post-injury is unlikely to be the same fire-breathing monster he was into Week 5.  He may be better than Poona Ford or Tim Settle, but temper expectations. 

And 12 weeks post-injury is actually not an outlier time for RTP from a pec tear these days.  In 2019, JJ Watt came back in 9 weeks, but playing on the edge he's not necessarily in direct contact with another 300+ lb behemoth on every snap.  Ditto TJ Watt in 8 weeks.  In 2020, Jon Feliciano came back 13 weeks from pec surgery and played effectively at C and G when he did.  He talked later about how limited he was in strength training at that point, but he managed. 

For Milano, though, if it's true he suffered a tibeal plateau fracture injury 1) it's a challenging injury to return to form from.  Needs the right surgery and the right rehab 2) it doesn't just involve healing a broken bone then rehabbing, it involves very limited weight bearing for a prolonged time, because any sideways force on the tibial plateau could impair proper healing.  And then, bones heal in 8-10 weeks typically, but the repair process to allow full strength takes much longer.

If we want the best chance to get Milano back at something resembling his all-pro form, give him all the time that he needs to heal and to rehab.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Shocked 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Patrick Duffy said:

Haven't checked yet, but hope the weather isn't going to be one of those crazy games the Bills have at home once or twice a season

I'll save you the trouble.  Looks like a very high chance for some cold precipitation, light rain or light snow.  The key, however, is that the winds are predicted to be light.  Only 5-10 mph from the Southwest.  To have those type of winds in late December off Lake Erie is a blessing for Allen and the passing game.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bills!Win! said:

He holds his cards close 

I still think somehow Matt's going to play if we can go deep (AFCCG/SB).  It wouldn't shock me. 

14 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

People are happy that DaQuan Jones is back.  I'm happy that DaQuan Jones is back.  But we have to understand that DaQuan playing with a surgically repaired pec, 12 weeks post-injury is unlikely to be the same fire-breathing monster he was into Week 5.  He may be better than Poona Ford or Tim Settle, but temper expectations. 

Hard to imagine them putting a guy who relies upon his upper body strength out there if he's not ready to go 100%.  That's just asking for trouble.

If anything, I think DaQuan will have some extra juice in those legs from all of the rest he has gotten.

I like the idea of letting him shake off some rust this week and then getting after Tua and Mostert next week.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 6

45 minutes ago, Logic said:

Regarding Milano...

Considering his age and contract, I would be loath to rush him back and further aggravate the injury. I would much rather see him heal fully and see what we can do about maybe running a Bernard-Milano-Dodson combo with a likely exit of Hyde and possible loss of Rapp.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

57 minutes ago, eball said:

Hard to imagine them putting a guy who relies upon his upper body strength out there if he's not ready to go 100%.  That's just asking for trouble.

If anything, I think DaQuan will have some extra juice in those legs from all of the rest he has gotten.

I like the idea of letting him shake off some rust this week and then getting after Tua and Mostert next week.

You could be right. I think he'll be motivated too. Wouldn't at all be surprised to see him blow up a play in the backfield on his first series.

Patriots injury report:

OUT
- WR JuJu Smith-Schuster (ankle)

QUESTIONABLE
- DL Christian Barmore (knee)
- DB Myles Bryant (chest)
- S Kyle Dugger (illness)
- TE Hunter Henry (knee)
- LB Anfernee Jennings (knee)
- CB Jonathan Jones (knee)
- S Jabrill Peppers (hamstring)
- ST Matthew Slater (hamstring)
- CB Shaun Wade (hip)

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BobBelcher said:

Patriots injury report:

OUT

QUESTIONABLE
- TE Hunter Henry (knee)
- CB Shaun Wade (hip)

They’ll all play

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, BobBelcher said:

Patriots injury report:

OUT

QUESTIONABLE
- TE Hunter Henry (knee)
- CB Shaun Wade (hip)

So do they have any WRs left on the team?

25 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

So do they have any WRs left on the team?

Depends on how you consider WR perhaps?  Tiktok Boy is actually down on the list for receiving yards.  Rookie Demario Douglas, Kendrick Bourne, and Devante Parker all healthy AFAIK.

55 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

AJE probably going to take the extra time to get ready for next week. JMO.

It's a little strange that Jones has a designation of "questionable" when McDermott already said they expect him to play?

I expect Hamlin to be inactive with a "questionable" designation and Hyde apparently good to go.

Edited by Beck Water

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.