The #2 seed is actually obtainable now

Virgil

3 minutes ago, Cotton Fitzsimmons said:

Gents, here’s the lay of the land as YE OLE sees it…

We are one Baltimore win away from controlling our destiny to the 2 seed. Then we will be one Baltimore loss from controlling our destiny to hosting the AFC Championship Game.

And we know how Lamar Jackson is in the playoffs!

42 minutes ago, Gman10 said:

How confident are you guys in the Ravens?

Personally, I think they’re easily the best team in the AFC.  Seems like many posters here want to sell them short because they don’t like Lamar, but their record speaks for itself.   Them and Miami could be the toughest playoff teams, outside of Buffalo.      

Everyone else has major flaws.  In my very humble opinion.    

its been a good weekend for Bills football!   Go Bills!!

Edited by Dan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

And not to get ahead of ourselves one Ravens playoff loss to the Browns from an AFC championship in Buffalo..

The help we need is the Ravens to win one game and the Ravens to lose one game to control our own destiny at home all the way to February?

Let's go 1-0 on Sunday against the Patriots to keep the dream alive.

1 minute ago, Draconator said:

The Steelers games have no bearing on the Bills playoff chances what so ever. Get a grip.

If we lose one it does.  The Steelers own the tie breaker so they'd be ahead of us at 10-7.  Same goes for the Bengals, Colts, and Texans. 

• Agree 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

The AFC/NFC dichotomy is so weird this year. I think it's a lot harder to make it into the playoffs in the AFC, but once you're in it's an easier path to the Super Bowl. And for the NFC it's the exact opposite.

It's just the 49ers really. Any other team in the NFC can lose any week.

23 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

Steelers beat the Seahawks. Bills win vs Pats, lose vs Dolphins. Ravens rest their starters because they clinched the 1 seed against the Steelers in week 18 which lets the Steelers into the playoffs

The Ravens rest their starters because they clenched the division in week 18......is there some new week 19 of the regular season no one told me about?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The AFC/NFC dichotomy is so weird this year. I think it's a lot harder to make it into the playoffs in the AFC, but once you're in it's an easier path to the Super Bowl. And for the NFC it's the exact opposite.

I disagree. Baltimore is easily the class of the AFC followed by Cleveland. Everyone else is very inconsistent one week to the next. We are looking at a Ravens/49ers Super Bowl. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

The Ravens rest their starters because they clenched the division in week 18......is there some new week 19 of the regular season no one told me about?

Read it again.... slowly.... I didn't say they clinch it in week 18. I said they rest their starters in week 18. 

2 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

I disagree. Baltimore is easily the class of the AFC followed by Cleveland. Everyone else is very inconsistent one week to the next. We are looking at a Ravens/49ers Super Bowl. 

The Ravens have struggled against inferior teams too.  They struggled against the Chargers, one legged Joe Burrow, the Titans, the Cards and lost the Colts and Steelers.

They aren’t the class of the AFC.

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Let’s hope Steelers and Bengals can both lose next weekend, so that possibility is off the table.

Any loss by three of the Jags, Steelers, Bengals, Colts or Texans over the next two weeks guarantees a playoff spot with a single Bills win.

And since the Colts and Texans play each other, it's really two loses from eight games. 

1 minute ago, dma0034 said:

Read it again.... slowly.... I didn't say they clinch it in week 18. I said they rest their starters in week 18. 

29 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

Steelers beat the Seahawks. Bills win vs Pats, lose vs Dolphins. Ravens rest their starters because they clinched the 1 seed against the Steelers in week 18 which lets the Steelers into the playoffs

🤔

I guess I did say division instead of 1 seed my bad, still can't wait for our week 19 matchup.

12 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

If we lose one it does.  The Steelers own the tie breaker so they'd be ahead of us at 10-7.  Same goes for the Bengals, Colts, and Texans. 

I really don't think we are going to lose the next two, but obviously I'm in the minority 

1 hour ago, JohninMinn. said:

This is all madness if the Bills don't win the Super Bowl. Save your energy fellas I was permanently damaged when we lost four in a row and I was at all four.

I feel you. Watching four super bowl failures as an impressionable young child takes its toll

4 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Any loss by three of the Jags, Steelers, Bengals, Colts or Texans over the next two weeks guarantees a playoff spot with a single Bills win.

And since the Colts and Texans play each other, it's really two loses from eight games. 

Steelers play the Seahawks who are fighting for a playoff and Bengals are playing an increasingly desperate Chiefs team.  Jaguars are reeling but play the Panthers.  Still, if 2 of those three games go our way AND we beat the Patriots, that means we would have a playoff spot locked up next weekend.  That would be nice.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

🤔

I guess I did say division instead of 1 seed my bad, still can't wait for our week 19 matchup.

Ravens rest their starters because they clinched the 1 seed against the Steelers in week 18

Let me break it down for you

It's week 18

Ravens have clinched the 1 seed therefore they rest their starters

Steelers win game because of that and get to 10-7 (and have a tiebreaker over the Bills incase the Bills lose to the Dolphins)

I'm not sure what's so difficult.

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

Explain….

If the Ravens win tonight and next week against the Dolphins, they would he 13-4 and have the 1 seed locked up. They play the Steelers week 18. They would more than likely rest starters that game. If the Steelers beat the Seahawks this coming week, that would put the Steelers at 9-7 which means if we lose to Miami and the Steelers beat the Ravens, they would get the playoff spot over us. If the Ravens lose tonight and beat the Dolphins next week, they still don't obtain the 1 if the Browns win on Thursday night because the Browns would have a shot at the 1 seed and the division. The Ravens losing tonight still gives them something to play for week 18. If not, the lock up the 1 which is bad for us if we lose to Miami

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

We needed five games and we got four of them this weekend (5 of six games, actually and obviously when you include our win).

We can’t be denied, by Miami, can we?

The Ravens have to show up, right?

it is the only thing standing in our way from controlling our own destiny for the #2 seed.

I'm hoping Baltimore isn't the paper tiger Dallas was. On the downside if they are that good it'll be hard to beat them in their home if we make the AFCC.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

So many things can obviously happen, but with the Chiefs loss, if the Ravens beat the Dolphins next week and we win out, we look to be the 2 seed, with Ravens in the 1 seed.  

Crazy

It's almost crazy to ask but I'd heard the bills still have a 1% shot at the #1 seed. Does anyone know if there is a convoluted scenario to become the #1 seed? 

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm hoping Baltimore isn't the paper tiger Dallas was. On the downside if they are that good it'll be hard to beat them in their home if we make the AFCC.

Their Defense is amazing. Bills Defense stacks up really well against their Offense. Plus if things break right you could see the 2nd round be: Browns @ Ravens, Chiefs @ Bills. Browns are good enough to knock out the Ravens.

25 minutes ago, Draconator said:

The Steelers games have no bearing on the Bills playoff chances what so ever. Get a grip.

Yes they do. Are you kidding me? We need the Steelers to drop 1 game if we lose to the Dolphins. If we have the same record, they get in over us. Not sure what you don't get

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

That literally makes no sense

What's the incentive for winning the division? The only incentive is one guaranteed home game

I agree.  I didn't propose it.  I just remember it being talked about.  At the time it was only if divisional rivals met, and the WC swept the division winner.  And again, it was just talk.  The idea being that if, say, Buffalo swept Miami and then met in the playoffs, the Bills would have earned the home game against Miami despite not winning the division by virtue of beating them twice already.  Again, this isn't *my* proposition, and I did not agree with the idea back then when it was being discussed.  Nothing came from it though.

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

They are not as good of a team, as Lamars first couple years in the league

McDermott has a great game plan for him

• Dislike 1

1 minute ago, dma0034 said:

Ravens rest their starters because they clinched the 1 seed against the Steelers in week 18

Let me break it down for you

It's week 18

Ravens have clinched the 1 seed therefore they rest their starters

Steelers win game because of that and get to 10-7 (and have a tiebreaker over the Bills incase the Bills lose to the Dolphins)

I'm not sure what's so difficult.

What's difficult is that's not how that sentence structure works. That implies they're resting their starters because they secured the one seed in week 18 against the Steelers. So when are they resting them, what week is it, is there another one? A sentence that would actually work would be:

The Ravens rest their starters against the Steelers in week 18 because they've already clinched the 1 seed.

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

After watching the cowboys and eagles the last few weeks I’m convinced they both suck. 

20 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

He didn't word it right. He meant if the Ravens clinch the 1 seed in week 17, they would have nothing to play for in week 18 and rest their starters. Which could allow the Steelers to win and get to 10-7 of they beat the Seahawks next week which would eliminate us if we lose to Miami 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.