Around the League Week 16

PetermansRedemption

5 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Huge results today if the colts and Texans losses hold up…one of them is essentially eliminated even if we only win 10 since they play eachother week 18…jags losing too would be crazy 

I would rather have the Jags win since they have the head to head. Just allow them to win the division and we don't have to worry about them 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

I would rather have the Jags win since they have the head to head. Just allow them to win the division and we don't have to worry about them 

Knocking the whole division down a peg is nice though…keeps the options open.  Maybe colts win it with 10 and the jags get stuck at 9 or something like that 

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

Wow! This is turning out to be a great weekend for the Bills…

Everything we need to happen is happening…hopefully it continues…👍

Yes.  The only one I really care about is the Miami game.  Miami loses, buffalo wins out... none of the other teams matter.

Just now, Buffalo03 said:

Yeah, but them winning their division I think would be better. I don't wanna be going against any teams with head to head tiebreakers

True, and their relatively easy end of the season schedule (on paper) doesn't help.

If the Colts and Texans lose, and Jags win tonight, then they'll basically have two games on them, as they hold the tiebreakers as it stands.

11 minutes ago, peterpan said:

So what are the scenarios we need to play out, for the bills to make the playoffs while still dropping 1 of the last 2? 

bc this season, I just see us dropping one more game 

Assuming the current results hold, we need 4 of the following 6 things to happen to make it in as a wildcard at 10-7:

-Broncos lose 1 more

-Bengals lose 1 more

-Steelers lose 1 more

-Colts lose 1 more

-Texans lose 1 more

-Jaguars lose 2 more

The Colts and Texans still play so that's one automatic check for us.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

Yes.  The only one I really care about is the Miami game.  Miami loses, buffalo wins out... none of the other teams matter.

I hear ya…

Would love to win the division…But the other AFC rivals losing helps to ease my anxiety of just getting to the dance…👍

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Assuming the current results hold, we need 4 of the following 6 things to happen to make it in as a wildcard at 10-7:

-Broncos lose 1 more

-Bengals lose 1 more

-Steelers lose 1 more

-Colts lose 1 more

-Texans lose 1 more

-Jaguars lose 2 more

Gotta think Steelers and Bengals are a lock with the Chiefs and Ravens playing for homefield. Colts and Texans have to play each other so there is 3 right there. The 4th will be much trickier.

9 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I think the Bowns are going to be a tougher out in the playoffs than people think.

Cooper setting record today

1 minute ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Is it possible that DeShaun Watson is an ever bigger lockeroom cancer than we could have thought?

Apart from the fact that the entire human race cheers when his scumbag ass gets obliterated on the field?

show what a mistake that was

• Like (+1) 1

• Simon pinned this topic
16 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

Browns spend all this money on Watson only to have old man Flacco come in and dominate. THis may sound off but if the Bills make the playoffs the Browns are the last team I'd want to play. That defense is something

Really wish Schwartz was our DCoordinator again. That was my favorite Bills' defense ever, always said if we had an average QB on the other side we would have been legit SB contenders. Looks like the Browns have figured that out...

• Agree 2

Just now, HappyDays said:

-Broncos lose 1 more

-Bengals lose 1 more

-Steelers lose 1 more

-Colts lose 1 more

-Texans lose 1 more

-Jaguars lose 2 more

Broncos: vs Pats, vs Chargers, at Raiders

Bengals: at Chiefs, vs Browns

Steelers: at Seahawks, at Ravens

Colts: Losing at Falcons, vs Raiders, vs Texans

Texans: Losing vs Browns, vs Titans, at Colts

Jaguars: at Bucs, vs Panthers, at Titans

Can see the Bengals, Steelers and obviously (hopefully no tie) one of Colts/Texans losing at least one more, as long as the Ravens have something to play for in Week 18. Not sure where the fourth defeat will come from. Would be great if the Pats can shock the Broncos later.

Just now, MiracleAtRich1393 said:

Really wish Schwartz was our DCoordinator again. That was my favorite Bills' defense ever, always said if we had an average QB on the other side we would have been legit SB contenders. Looks like the Browns have figured that out...

It was the main reason I hated the Rex Ryan hire. I thought Schwartz deserved a HC position more than Rex.

• Agree 4

23 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

True, and their relatively easy end of the season schedule (on paper) doesn't help.

If the Colts and Texans lose, and Jags win tonight, then they'll basically have two games on them, as they hold the tiebreakers as it stands.

I mean that isn’t really any better for us if the jags win 11 and colts win 10.  Indy has us in conference record if that happens and we don’t win out.  We gotta root for maximum afc south losses.  Texans would have us in conference record if they win the last two and we lose to the dolphins also 

It’s huge that they both lost today because unless we lose out we leapfrogged one but there’s some work left to get us ahead of the other. We may not need it anyway depending on what the broncos and bengals do

if all the afc south loses it opens up a lot more doors to a division winner winning 10 and everyone else stuck at 9

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Broncos: vs Pats, vs Chargers, at Raiders

Bengals: at Chiefs, vs Browns

Steelers: at Seahawks, at Ravens

Colts: Losing at Falcons, vs Raiders, vs Texans

Texans: Losing vs Browns, vs Titans, at Colts

Jaguars: at Bucs, vs Panthers, at Titans

Can see the Bengals, Steelers and obviously (hopefully no tie) one of Colts/Texans losing at least one more, as long as the Ravens have something to play for in Week 18. Not sure where the fourth defeat will come from. Would be great if the Pats can shock the Broncos later.

Pulling for Baker tonite

9 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Gotta think Steelers and Bengals are a lock with the Chiefs and Ravens playing for homefield. Colts and Texans have to play each other so there is 3 right there. The 4th will be much trickier.

Yeah I agree, the 4th one is not assured at all. Next week the Colts play the Raiders and the Texans play the Titans. If Raiders and Titans both win, our 10-7 chances skyrocket.

Tonight Broncos losing to the Patriots would be amazing but that's not expected. They them finish against the Chargers and Raiders... I think it's decently likely they slip up somewhere over those 3 games but no guarantee.

Jaguars losing 2 of their last 3 against Bucs, Panthers, Titans, that is the least likely result IMO.

Although the NYT playoff calculator really likes our chances. I input the current game results, and also put us beating the Pats and losing to the Dolphins. Their calculator gives us an 83% chance of being a wildcard in that situation.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.