Around the League Week 16

PetermansRedemption

5 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I have a choice between JEST vs WTF and Lions vs Vikings.  No competing NFL Network replay game.

I guess I should try to catch up on my sleep.

Ouch.

Meanwhile ... I just realized that my "home" team (Broncos) is a late kickoff! I get Cowboys-Dolphins after all. I'm resting up for that one.

Who to root for: Root for the Browns

Why: The Bills' highest priority is to secure a playoff spot and a Texans loss is the simplest way to help that.

Yes, a Texans win could still be beneficial in some scenarios particularly when looking at Week 18 matchups: Browns at Bengals & Texans at Colts. Those games could be elimination matchups for the loser of both, depending on Week 16 and 17 results.

But with the Browns holding a 92% chance to make the postseason, it would take a lot for Cleveland to lose hold of a Wild Card spot, compared to the Texans who have a 51% postseason chance.

A Texans loss would increase Buffalo's playoff chances to 85% and decrease Houston's playoff chances to 33%. In this scenario, the Bills would move ahead of the Texans in the AFC. A Texans win and they are still ahead of the Bills going into Week 17.

That's why we're rooting for the Browns in this one.

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/who-to-root-for-where-bills-stand-in-the-afc-playoff-picture-for-week-16-2023

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Amari Cooper is ridiculous. He's making Joe Flacco look like an elite QB.

Credit to Flacco and the Browns staff for being smart enough to get Cooper the ball though. I’ve seen too many times where a great receiver gets ignored by an average QB. 

8 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Did it go for yards in the other direction? I mean if it's just a pick and they're tackled downfield it's not good but anything that doesn't convert is a turnover.

It was one he had to dive for so he didn’t get any return yards.  I guess not the biggest deal but knocking it down would have given them the ball with better field position.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.