Why is it so hard for fans to admit reality?

oldmanfan

5 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

Nah…..this isn’t sustainable. We forced 4 turnovers against one of the worst offenses in the NFL and only won by 6 points. We play teams like the Ravens and Dolphins who can actually score points and we’re looking up at a loss.

These insanely dumb statements need to stop. The dolphins just lost by 40. Baltimore looks good, but we have all seen Lamar in the playoffs. I like how you just casually glance over the 4 turnovers, that’s cool. Get the win that’s all that matters. Everything after that is your own insecurities 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 4
  • Disagree 1

Just now, streetkings01 said:

Because some of us understand the bigger picture……a game where we forced 4 turnovers, 1 being a pick 6 shouldn’t result in a nail biter type game against one of the worst offenses in the NFL. Some of us want a Super Bowl and this team isn’t playing like one that can deliver one this season!

As we kneel down in the Pats Red zone for a win 30mins ago. 

And we overcame a 3-0 turnover margin last week. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

Just now, Ya Digg? said:

These insanely dumb statements need to stop. The dolphins just lost by 40. Baltimore looks good, but we have all seen Lamar in the playoffs. I like how you just casually glance over the 4 turnovers, that’s cool. Get the win that’s all that matters. Everything after that is your own insecurities 

We've all seen the Bills do Billsy things in the playoffs. This team is not that good. The offense has looked awful the last 2 weeks. They aren't all of a sudden going to flick a switch and start putting up over 30 points a game. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 3

3 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

I don’t base stuff off past results, I’m basing it off what’s currently going on and what’s currently going on is our passing game has serious issues and the Ravens and Dolphins can put up points while our offense has hit a lull going into the final week of the season.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, streetkings01 said:

I don’t base stuff off past results, I’m basing it off what’s currently going on and what’s currently going on is our passing game has serious issues and the Ravens and Dolphins can put up points while our offense has hit a lull going into the final week of the season.

Yeah they really scored this week 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

46 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

The excuse is stop crying about a win

I feel like I read all week on here that pretty much everyone on here is fine with any type of win, ugly win included, as long as the Bills won and the Dolphins lost

in the words of Maury: the results determined this was a lie 

Just now, Ya Digg? said:

I feel like I read all week on here that pretty much everyone on here is fine with any type of win, ugly win included, as long as the Bills won and the Dolphins lost

in the words of Maury: the results determined this was a lie 

Everyone was happy last year when they were 13-3 and squeaked by Skylar Thompson in The Wild Card …

Win and advance they said …

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

We've just played down to the opposition these past two weeks 

Our passing o has been cheeks for a month now tho, so we can get that straight vs the fish, and ride the momentum in the playoffs at home until we visit Baltimore doe the AFC chip (unless they drop one along the way).

7 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

Tampa can beat them Rams can beat them, and Seahawks did beat them. 

Tampa can hardly beat their way out of a paper bag. The Rams have definitely been playing better but they don't look like a top team.. and Geno Smith is.. Geno Smith.. not a guy who instills much confidence.  I could be wrong but I would be shocked if last year's league runner-up was one and done this year. Even if they lost to the Cardinals

2 minutes ago, Hermes said:

Tampa can hardly beat their way out of a paper bag. The Rams have definitely been playing better but they don't look like a top team.. and Geno Smith is.. Geno Smith.. not a guy who instills much confidence.  I could be wrong but I would be shocked if last year's league runner-up was one and done this year. Even if they lost to the Cardinals

They have been pretenders all year. It's also not always about who is better. The Eagles don't want it this year. They're suffering the same demise as most Super Bowl participants the following year. 

27 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

They have been pretenders all year. It's also not always about who is better. The Eagles don't want it this year. They're suffering the same demise as most Super Bowl participants the following year. 

Fair enough. I think there's a few teams who've been in the mix the past few seasons, similar to the Ravens, Colts, and Steelers, during the Pats run that had potential to win any year. I'd put the 49ers, Eagles, and maybe the Lions, and Cowboys in that category, in the NFC. The rest are borderline. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/31/2023 at 8:29 AM, Dopey said:

I call BS on the bold. In the past 3 seasons Mcd/Allen are 4-3 in the playoffs. If you’re going to speak in absolutes, at least be correct. 

I was referencing on the road in the playoffs where the McD/Allen combo is in fact winless. And there's nothing I've seen (especially the last 2 games) that indicates this team is going to win a road playoff game anytime soon and not sure it's a slam dunk they win in Miami either in a potential elimination game depending on results of other games leading up to Sunday Night.

On 12/31/2023 at 8:56 AM, folz said:

Seriously? So, we were 5-5. From your post, you expect us to lose to New England and Miami. That's 5-7. So, that leaves the second Jets game (W), Philly (L), KC (W), Dallas (W), and Chargers (W). I'll assume you are ok with the wins vs. the Jets and Cowgirls. You obviously think the Chargers game should have been a loss, and I am sure you are a poster who thinks we should have lost the KC game as well (due to Toney's toes). 

I mean, do you really think the Bills this year (talent- and coaching-wise) are/should be just a 7-10 team?

I could just as easily say that the refs screwed us in the Jacksonville game, the Cincy game, and the Philly game. Plus I expect the Bills to win out. That would have made them 14-3.

Quite a discrepancy. Reality is the Bills are 9-6 with two winnable games to go. "You are what your record says you are." It's been an up-and-down year with some problems and adversity, we all know that. But, the Bills are playing their best ball down the stretch and still have a shot to go on a run, which is exactly what you want.

Not sure if you wrote this before or after the Patriots game, regardless my gut instinct was right as it was another ugly game this team could've and should've loss eerily similar to when this team was sitting at 5-5 before the OC change.

At this point I'm not expecting much but another early exit if they make it to the playoffs.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/31/2023 at 5:37 PM, Aussie Joe said:

Everyone was happy last year when they were 13-3 and squeaked by Skylar Thompson in The Wild Card …

Win and advance they said …

That’s such a false narrative.  Pretty much every poster on this forum was big time nervous about last year’s team from halftime of the Green Bay game forward.

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, st pete gogolak said:

That’s such a false narrative.  Pretty much every poster on this forum was big time nervous about last year’s team from halftime of the Green Bay game forward.

I literally didn’t mean “everyone “… but 
I guess we remember what we want to remember…. 

I remember a number who were brushing aside any criticisms of the form of the team over the back half of the season last year because they were winning… ( “they are 13-3 … what’s the problem?” ) 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The first caller on the Bills post game show complained about Allen's passing. This after the Bills won and forced 3 turnovers in the 1st quarter and Rasul Douglas was a one-man wrecking crew. 

Allen was 8/10 in the 2nd half. Narrowly missing Diggs to make it 9/10. The 1st half started 0/7, finished 7/13. Probably 3-4 drops. Working in condensed space in Pats RZ. I don’t consider finishing 15/23 all that bad. 

9 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Allen was 8/10 in the 2nd half. Narrowly missing Diggs to make it 9/10. The 1st half started 0/7, finished 7/13. Probably 3-4 drops. Working in condensed space in Pats RZ. I don’t consider finishing 15/23 all that bad. 

He needs to start the Dolphins game with a sense of urgency ,  I highly doubt were getting 4 turnovers in the first half to overcome playing like garbage on offence when we cannot even compete a forward pass. Practice this week the passing game,  this game needs to resemble two years ago or the Philly game.  Not trying to force running the ball with Cook then they will lose and I will blame it on McDermott forcing both cordinators into playing ground and pound football

Edited by Niagara Dude
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

He needs to start the Dolphins game with a sense of urgency ,  I highly doubt we’re getting 4 turnovers in the first half to overcome playing like garbage on offence when we cannot even compete a forward pass. Practice this week the passing game,  this game needs to resemble two years ago or the Philly game.  Ig they try force running the ball with Cook then they will lose and I will blame it on McDermott forcing both cordinators into playing ground and pound football

We can beat the Dolphins if we score every drive. Just execute the plays called.

This thread can be compressed to save space on global interweb servers.

“A win is a win” and “they didn’t look as good as I like” aren’t mutually exclusive or contradictory.

We are on page 26 of two non-contradictory views, expressed one hundred different ways, to assert, challenge, demonstrate, oppose, affirm and refute.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The first caller on the Bills post game show complained about Allen's passing. This after the Bills won and forced 3 turnovers in the 1st quarter and Rasul Douglas was a one-man wrecking crew. 

Sounds about right for the sort of person who calls into radio postgame shows…

4 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

He needs to start the Dolphins game with a sense of urgency 

Do you really think Allen doesn't take games seriously?

4 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

We can beat the Dolphins if we score every drive. Just execute the plays called.

There is a team playing defense against you.

We just faced some very good defenses the last month. Some of the Bills issues are due to playing against strong defenders. Belichick called a gem of a defensive game Sunday. His offense threw up on themselves.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

13 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

I was referencing on the road in the playoffs where the McD/Allen combo is in fact winless. And there's nothing I've seen (especially the last 2 games) that indicates this team is going to win a road playoff game anytime soon and not sure it's a slam dunk they win in Miami either in a potential elimination game depending on results of other games leading up to Sunday Night.

Not sure if you wrote this before or after the Patriots game, regardless my gut instinct was right as it was another ugly game this team could've and should've loss eerily similar to when this team was sitting at 5-5 before the OC change.

At this point I'm not expecting much but another early exit if they make it to the playoffs.

Why should we have lost? Because one of the worst offenses in the league notorious for turning the ball over turned it over 3 times… that’s unusual somehow?  I’d say returning the opening kickoff is pretty unusual too lol that ridiculous throw and catch to reagor leading to a touchdown drive was pretty unusual also

NE plays teams tough and loses by 10 points or less pretty much every week and that’s without a kickoff return typically…there’s really no basis for saying we should’ve lost the game it’s pretty much business as usual.  That was essentially a 9 point win minimum as we ran out the clock in scoring range and NE never got closer than 6 points the entire second half.  They only had one drive where they even could’ve taken the lead with a td but promptly went three and out.

I think what happens a lot of the time around here is people are overly emotional while watching the game and they convince themselves the game was closer than it actually was because they assume the bills will blow it somehow based on past history 😂 this game was over after the bills first second half drive 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.