Bills @ Chargers post game thread

Fan in Chicago

11 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I liked hearing Oliver talk about Poona. I was at the game, and I didn't even realize that he had gotten that sack-- I thought it was Oliver. The emcee at SoFi literally did not even mention a single Bills player's name once. It will be interesting to see how my perceptions at the stadium match up to what was presented on TV. 

4 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Two things can be true:  Brown is much better then last year when he was awful but he is still playing at an average level.

I'd like to see his run-blocking grades next to his pass pro. My guess is that they're night and day (and so average overall). 

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, Freak-O said:

How can a not NFL caliber HC have a winning record? Is being a HC in the NFL really that easy? “Nothing will change my mind”… You sound like a flat Earther. 

Easy, you have the best QB in the league at your disposal (see Belichick).  I’m not happy being the early 2000’s Bengals, maybe your are.  Sorry your opinion differs from mine, but no reason to throw ignorant jabs.  

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, BRH said:

If your shoulder was bothering you, wouldn’t you be throwing more ON-platform passes, setting your feet and stepping into balls to take pressure off your shoulder?  Seems like off-platform stuff would be a lot more dangerous and painful.  

Not necessarily - sometimes an injury can cause pain when using the "correct" motion so you compensate.  A number of years ago I hurt my rotator cuff so when throwing with my kids I used a different form/motion.

2 hours ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Easy, you have the best QB in the league at your disposal (see Belichick).  I’m not happy being the early 2000’s Bengals, maybe your are.  Sorry your opinion differs from mine, but no reason to throw ignorant jabs.  

we dont understand football at a depth you do.  we are homers.  you are a student of the game. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Wow..ok: In descending chronological order..Nick Foles, Joe Flacco, Eli Manning (2x), Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer…etc

Those are successful quarterbacks.  Their coaches successes were benefitted by having solid quarterback play.

You are proving my point.  Having a quality qb does not diminish the coaches accomplishments.

It is Christmas eve.

I don't feel like dealing with this nonsense. 

Have a wonderful and safe Holiday.

• Eyeroll 1

On 12/23/2023 at 9:11 PM, TheWeatherMan said:

I care what happens, but nothing that does will change my mind on McD.  He’s just not an NFL caliber HC.

I see that you’ve gone off the deep end.  This might be the most ridiculous thing I’ve seen you post.  

He might not be an NFL championship caliber coach.  he might not be worthy of being Josh Allens coach as he might be wasting his career.  He might not have his team at their best every week.  But he is most definitely an NFL caliber coach.  The guy made the playoffs in his first year, breaking a 17 year drought with a RB playing QB.  

I don’t think he’s a great coach by any means, but I think he can still become a very good if not great coach.  Will he? 🤷🏻‍♂️ but he IS NFL caliber.  

Your vision is clouded by the red that you see while thinking about him.  Calm down man

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

20 hours ago, Beast said:

He must have said something to them to make Harty and Cook not hang onto the ball. He must have said something to them that made Allen get a little lazy on the interception he threw. He must have said something to make Brown leg whip a guy that was a needless action.

What do you think he said to make all those things happen? Because outside of that, they looked decent to me except for a slow start on offense.

Yea but more times than not in these gotta have it games where we should crush the opponents he has us unprepared…. We made Easton Stick look like the 2nd coming of Brett Farve… who we gonna make Bailey Zappe look like this week?

21 hours ago, Beast said:

I hear what you are saying but disagree that it doesn’t feel great.

I honestly didn’t feel that great…. After the way we played doesn’t give me a whole lot of confidence playing New England… If we come out screwing around like we did last night we will lose

21 minutes ago, Bimmer323i said:

Yea but more times than not in these gotta have it games where we should crush the opponents he has us unprepared…. We made Easton Stick look like the 2nd coming of Brett Farve… who we gonna make Bailey Zappe look like this week?

I honestly didn’t feel that great…. After the way we played doesn’t give me a whole lot of confidence playing New England… If we come out screwing around like we did last night we will lose

That simply is a crock of *****.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Beast said:

That simply is a crock of *****.

What do you mean… everytime we play a team with a back up rag arm quarterback we do…. See Zac Wilson Mac Jones… Hell we almost got beat in the playoffs last year by Miami with who was it Mike White…We played like ***** last night bro

Just now, Bimmer323i said:

What do you mean… everytime we play a team with a back up rag arm quarterback we do…. See Zac Wilson Mac Jones… Hell we almost got beat in the playoffs last year by Miami with who was it Mike White…We played like ***** last night bro

We shoulda wiped the floor with Chargers last night instead we win with a last second field goal… 

• Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 1

Time to let it go , 😁👍 Merry Christmas you losers 😂

12 hours ago, KellyToTasker said:

He’s the number one rated QB in the league. 

That speaks more to the decline of QB play than his excellent form. 300 yds passing in 2 games isnt anything to brag about. He is missing wide open throws and still showing poor judgment in target selection.

• Eyeroll 1

11 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

I liked hearing Oliver talk about Poona. I was at the game, and I didn't even realize that he had gotten that sack-- I thought it was Oliver. The emcee at SoFi literally did not even mention a single Bills player's name once. It will be interesting to see how my perceptions at the stadium match up to what was presented on TV. 

Poona did get it but it was due to Oliver forcing Stick to get away from him and basically walk right into Ford.

40 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

That speaks more to the decline of QB play than his excellent form. 300 yds passing in 2 games isnt anything to brag about. He is missing wide open throws and still showing poor judgment in target selection.

Lol, what? Really, being respectful here, dumbest thing I’ve read all day. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Kevin Stefanski?

Dick Jauron with the Bears when they went 13-3?

Tampa Bay under Gruden when they won the Super Bowl?

Washington Redskins with Doug Williams?

NY Giants with Jeff Hostetler?

Doug Williams WAS a quality QB that wasn't given the opportunity until their backs were against the wall

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Doug Williams WAS a quality QB that wasn't given the opportunity until their backs were against the wall

Doug Williams was garbage. The man had a career completion percentage of 49%. Give me a break.

He had the game of his life in the SB. Congrats. One good game doesn't make you great.

So did Mark Rypien, anyone talk about him like that?

Edited by Big Turk

Well now that we have seen the carnage as virtually the entire AFC wildcard group was laid waste this weekend do the negative Nellie's appreciate the Bills victory more?

Sure the Bills were sloppy with 3 TO's and way to many penalties.  But they got the win.  What was the excuse of the Bengal's who got blown out?  Or the Colts that lost by 19 to a team with a losing record?  Or Denver that lost at home to a team with 3 wins?  Or the Jags that got annihilated by TB?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Doug Williams was garbage. The man had a career completion percentage of 49%. Give me a break.

He had the game of his life in the SB. Congrats. One good game doesn't make you great.

So did Mark Rypien, anyone talk about him like that?

It was also during a strike season.

been meaning to ask this, where was kinkaid?   seen him on one screen and that was it. 

i realize that brady just took over the reigns but player usage and player game planning 

just seems so random with this team this year...especially this late in the year. 

loved seeing shakir out there.   kind of reminds me of robert woods.    

2 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Did you watch him in college?

Who cares about college? This is the NFL. Literally almost every QB in the NFL was really good in college.

Many were not in the NFL.

Why not add high school, the XFL and CFL to the argument?

Edited by Big Turk
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Bimmer323i said:

Yea but more times than not in these gotta have it games where we should crush the opponents he has us unprepared….

Do people on this board not watch the NFL?  I mean, teams get beat by lesser opponents literally every week. Ask the Chiefs, today. :beer:

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

He was not garbage 

Sure...when you don't even complete half your passes in your career you are garbage and I don't really care about the argument for it. 

He had a great game in the Super Bowl. Congrats. He sucked in most other games.

Edited by Big Turk

39 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Sure...when you don't even complete half your passes in your career you are garbage and I don't really care about the argument for it. 

He had a great game in the Super Bowl. Congrats. He sucked in most other games.

QB % completion rates and TD/Int ratios were dreadful years ago. DB’s could maul receivers and it was a different era of violence on QBs. Doug Williams had incredible talent and was a decent if not inconsistent QB of his era. He did lead TB to the playoffs as a starter and won a SB with the Skins. He want great but he wasn’t garbage. Maybe and I emphasize maybe a stronger arm than Josh Allen. 

Edited by QLBillsFan

10 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

QB % completion rates and TD/Int ratios were dreadful years ago. DB’s could maul receivers and it was a different era of violence on QBs. Doug Williams had incredible talent and was a decent of not inconsistent QB of his era. He did lead TB to the playoffs as a starter and won a SB with the Skins. He want great but he wasn’t garbage. Maybe and I emphasize maybe a stronger arm than Josh Allen. 

C'mon man this was not the early 70s or late 60s. It was the mid 80s.

Marino was in the high 50s to mid 60s in same timeframe.

Elway was at 47.5% his first season but finished his career at 56.9%

Phil Simms was 55.6%

Montana 63.2%

Stop acting like this was a normal occurrence at that time...it wasn't...except among bad QBs 

10 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

C'mon man this was not the early 70s or late 60s. It was the mid 80s.

Marino was in the high 50s to mid 60s in same timeframe.

Elway was at 47.5% his first season but finished his career at 56.9%

Phil Simms was 55.6%

Montana 63.2%

Stop acting like this was a normal occurrence at that time...it wasn't...except among bad QBs 

Agree 49% not normal and the average was maybe 54% .. but today average is around 63%.. so yes evolution from the 60’s. I won’t debate he was great and I’ll grant you that. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.