MNF game thread: Philadelphia at Seattle

chongli

These guys arguing for MVP on the pregame set. I was tracking with them saying Purdy, McCaffrey, Tyreek, etc. But then Marcus Spears chimes in with saying Lamar Jackson is the single most important player to his team. GTFOOH with that. I love Lamar, but Ravens still made the playoffs last year and damn near beat the fully loaded Bengals without him last season. Mahomes? Great, but nope. They’ve won games without him.

For years the Bills offense has been Josh Allen having to be super man. If he wasn’t Bills would lose. I think there’s some recency bias with Cook running wild, but Josh Allen has had little help over the years (admittedly some of which is his doing by not taking what’s there), but there is no player more valuable to his team than Josh Allen to the Bills. Take him off the Bills and they're probably a 4-8 win team. 

• Like (+1) 3

55 minutes ago, Blank Stare said:

These guys arguing for MVP on the pregame set. I was tracking with them saying Purdy, McCaffrey, Tyreek, etc. But then Marcus Spears chimes in with saying Lamar Jackson is the single most important player to his team. GTFOOH with that. I love Lamar, but Ravens still made the playoffs last year and damn near beat the fully loaded Bengals without him last season. Mahomes? Great, but nope. They’ve won games without him.

For years the Bills offense has been Josh Allen having to be super man. If he wasn’t Bills would lose. I think there’s some recency bias with Cook running wild, but Josh Allen has had little help over the years (admittedly some of which is his doing by not taking what’s there), but there is no player more valuable to his team than Josh Allen to the Bills. Take him off the Bills and they're probably a 4-8 win team. 

True.

I'd add McCaffrey & Garrett to that as well. 

1 hour ago, Blank Stare said:

They were 8-4 with Lamar last year and 2-3 without him. Lamar had 20 tds to 7 ints, while their backups had 3 tds to 5 ints. 

has Lamar ever had a receiver like Diggs? They are on their 4th rb; their star TE is out; yet they keep winning. I think Allen is the better qb but this board loves to find ways to put down what Lamar does. He needs to prove it in the playoffs but maybe the guy 56-19 record (while his backups have gone 8-13) might be really important to his teams success. Crazy thought I know. 

20 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Bobby Wagner looked 50 years old on that first drive.  Philly targeted him whenever they needed to convert on 3rd down.  

Guys get old fast in the nfl.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

• Simon pinned this topic
9 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

A couple plays ago Hurts slid at the last moment on an outside run just like Dak did yesterday, and just like yesterday, a DB came flying up and hit him, and…there was no call…which was correct. As it should have been for Rapp yesterday. 😉

The difference is the Seahawks defender didn't hit the head.

59 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

They were 8-4 with Lamar last year and 2-3 without him. Lamar had 20 tds to 7 ints, while their backups had 3 tds to 5 ints. 

has Lamar ever had a receiver like Diggs? They are on their 4th rb; their star TE is out; yet they keep winning. I think Allen is the better qb but this board loves to find ways to put down what Lamar does. He needs to prove it in the playoffs but maybe the guy 56-19 record (while his backups have gone 8-13) might be really important to his teams success. Crazy thought I know. 

Did you miss the part where I said I love Lamar? Of course a high caliber starting QB like Lamar is important to their team. That’s not the argument. I’m saying Allen is more important to his team. Up until this year when we’ve finally discovered a run game, Allen has always had to carry the day…every day. Frankly, I’m shocked this is even debatable. Maybe at the national level, but not from someone who watches every game. 

Edited by Blank Stare

Just now, Process said:

It's so hard to take Hurts seriously as a top QB when half his TDs are three guys shoving his **** into the EZ. 

But he's got all these rushing TDs, I mean sure he doesn't exactly run in half of them and is essentially delivered like a package.

Just now, stuvian said:

I was unaware Patricia had left the Patriots 

After all his offensive success?

• Haha (+1) 1

How many eagles linemen need to be moving pre snap to get called for a false start???

I am all for keeping the play in next year but make those Bastards come to a full stop and be lined up with no movement before the snap!!!

Got lineman wiggling feet and other guys flinching ….its awful.   

I'm still surprised how often the Eagles slam Hurts into the pile with the talent they have at skill positions 

6 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

But he's got all these rushing TDs, I mean sure he doesn't exactly run in half of them and is essentially delivered like a package.

After all his offensive success?

Starting to think BB gave him that assignment to sabotage his career 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.