Will Brandon Beane look to a 6’8” 360 lb high school recruit in a few years?

BuffaloBill

He's just a 3 star recruit.   Like the 60th rated OT in the country(for his class).   It's not that rare to see guys that big even in HS football.   Daniel Faalele got drafted in the 4th round last year(2022) and played his entire college career at Minnesota at offensive tackle weighing over 400 pounds.   

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I think coming from a small college like Bethel had more to do with it.

Footnote for those that didn't see it at the link...big man is the Head Coach there now and doing really well. Good on him. 

Mekhi Becton is probably a better example.

• Agree 2

25 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

This kid will likely get bigger - how long before there is a 400 lb offensive lineman in college or the pros?

I’m going to go out on a limb here and guess that the DE in the picture isn’t 6’3”. 
My sons high school team routinely added 2-4 inches and 20-30 lbs for the game programs. 

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Just straight up Hagrid from Harry Potter guys a half-giant.

Also can't imagine what number 11 did in a previous life to deserve to have to be lined up against him in high school.

He is like Fezzik (André the Giant). from Princess Bride - he fights small gangs for charity.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBill said:

This kid will likely get bigger - how long before there is a 400 lb offensive lineman in college or the pros?

There is 

TCU has a rising sophomore right now who is well over 400 lb

The biggest football player I have ever seen at the college level... And yes he is almost too big, there is no way TCU is playing him until he is close to the 300s.. 450 is too big

There's no way you could carry football stamina at that size 

Edited by Buffalo716

1 hour ago, Rigotz said:

These type of prospects rarely work out... 

Yall remember Michael Jasper?

I had the same thought. I remember thinking at the time, "That big and can dunk a basketball? How could not make it in the NFL?" But he didn't. Neither did Leif Larsen, remember him? Defensive tackle who could fork lift 300-pound like children. Didn't make it past his second year, I don't believe. 

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Also can't imagine what number 11 did in a previous life to deserve to have to be lined up against him in high school.

11 is Sheriff Bart, having a discussion with Byron 'Mongo' Washington.

image.thumb.jpeg.886d6bc1f132d6725cc2321f6d2e6324.jpeg

Enjoying a brewski after the game at a local watering hole.

last time we took a giant human being to block for a Bills QB,  it didnt work out so well.   a high schooler that large is crazy though.

can he run routes and catch the ball though?  surely a spot for him there if he can.

Edited by bigduke6

20 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

last time we took a giant human being to block for a Bills QB,  it didnt work out so well.   a high schooler that large is crazy though.

can he run routes and catch the ball though?  surely a spot for him there if he can.

A human being that has Gravy as his blood type will rarely have enough athletic ability to be a pro. he's just too big and likely slow. BUT if he learns the technique of lock his arms and keeping the D lineman from gaining leverage or balance he could have something. plus its a 12 dollar uber ride to get around his asss so theres that.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

There is 

TCU has a rising sophomore right now who is well over 400 lb

The biggest football player I have ever seen at the college level... And yes he is almost too big, there is no way TCU is playing him until he is close to the 300s.. 450 is too big

There's no way you could carry football stamina at that size 

A player could be used for short yardage situations only which does not require as much stamina.  When I played football I'd be used in short yardage situations because my feet were big for my age (size 12) and I was extremely good tackler. I would fit thru cracks in offense line and tackle the ball carrier.

It all depends on how creative football coaches are.

1 hour ago, finn said:

I had the same thought. I remember thinking at the time, "That big and can dunk a basketball? How could not make it in the NFL?" But he didn't. Neither did Leif Larsen, remember him? Defensive tackle who could fork lift 300-pound like children. Didn't make it past his second year, I don't believe. 

The most recent two I can think of are:

Dawand Jones: 6'8'' 375lb (rookie third rounder for Cleveland

Showed a ton of promise, then went out with and injury and missing the season

Mekhi Becton: 6'7 364lb (11th overall to the Jets a few years ago)

Showed some promise, then couldn't stay on the field

Big tree fall hard.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.