It's already time to start getting ready for the Chargers

Simon

1 minute ago, TheWei44 said:

That sucks, but are you even sure you can watch the game on Sunday Ticket?  I thought Peacock is only way to watch it.

I have peacock on my phone too. I definitely pay more for the numerous streaming services than I would for real season tickets. 

Just now, Fan in Chicago said:

You actually need best wishes for the journey back with the wife

She’s also 36 weeks pregnant with our first so she’ll totally understand if I ruin Christmas. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

6 hours ago, stevestojan said:

I have a Christmas dinner at my wife’s cousin’s house.  My father in law and I are the only football fans so no one thought to plan Christmas around the Bills (this would NEVER happen with my family in WNY). 

Care to guess the time of the dinner party? Starts at 6pm. It’s 45 minutes from here. I live on the west coast. So, I will have to drive with NFL Sunday Ticket playing on my phone on the dashboard for the first quarter, then be “that guy” at dinner with my phone propped up next to the ham. 

Wish me luck on this journey. 

I hear Covid is making a reappearance on the west coast!

6 hours ago, stevestojan said:

She’s also 36 weeks pregnant with our first so she’ll totally understand if I ruin Christmas. 

I was going to offer a helpful suggestion until I read this.

Instead I will simply shut my piehole and drop your name into this box.

P.S. I actually did it; you're either going to receive eternal salvation or eternal spam. 🤷‍♂️

• Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Joey Bosa is out for the year, and I watched Tre Tucker dominate Derwin James last week 

Samuel is their best CB, he will make Diggs work. 

Shakir may have a big day as their nickel corner Bassey is bottom quarter of the league.

Would feel better if neither Knox or Kincaid were limited today. 

Suspect the game plan will have them helping Dawkins/Spencer depending on where Mack lines up.

They have a decent tight end in Everett, so getting Hyde back would be helpful; but Micah seems fragile of late and we will need him more for the Fish. 

Rapp worries me a bit and the league seems to be serious about rough play lately.

Just now, Bills!Win! said:

This is starting to remind me of that thanksgiving game @ New Orleans where they didn’t have Brees, Kamara and Thomas… if we play our brand of football we should win 42-7

I am not so sure the Chargers get 7 with that no-name scrub at QB.

On 12/17/2023 at 7:32 PM, Warcodered said:

When your back is against the wall there are not traps, you murder everyone.

This team is not taking anything for granted, I hope.  If the defense stays as hungry as they seem, bad things man, bad things.

32 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I am not so sure the Chargers get 7 with that no-name scrub at QB.

What's absolutely insane is that no name scrub is probably top 100 at his profession in the world... And he's that far off of the talent the top 20 have. That's how sharp the competitive edge is in this game.

This is not a knock to him. At all. This is also a statement for the top 20 guys playing now and even some retired. I would have little doubt Brady would not be top 30, even Eli or Peyton. 

6 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Can we pin this please @Simon.  Thread was practically off the first page.

I'm going to give it one more day to see if somebody comes up with a better thread starter.

If nobody has the time or inclination, I will pin this one tonight.

• Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, uninja said:

Why would a banged up Allen trot out in this game though? Head coach/GM canned, backup QB, playoff hopes dead. Allen has nothing to prove and is a known quantity. 

Only thing I can think of is if he has incentives in his contract where he needs more catches/TDs/yards to achieve a bonus 

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Only thing I can think of is if he has incentives in his contract where he needs more catches/TDs/yards to achieve a bonus 

Ok got a little confused with the Allen's there. 

Yes, I am sure that he has stuff to play for. But if I am the interim GM and have any hope of hanging onto the job, I am doing everything in my power to prevent that he he sees the field. I would hate to be the guy who gets Keenan Allen hurt and makes the Charges go through what the Bills are going to need to do with Tre White and deal with an injury settlement.

4 hours ago, uninja said:

Why would a banged up Allen trot out in this game though? Head coach/GM canned, backup QB, playoff hopes dead. Allen has nothing to prove and is a known quantity. 

Exactly that. Because these coachescare looking for a W. Them coaches are treating this as s SB..

They want their resume to say - We beat a Bills team that needs this W desperately, coming off wins vs 2 top 5 teams and we got the W

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.