Around the NFL Week 15

HappyDays

32 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I don’t get it

They moved and changed the nick name of the team to the Titans …

The new Houston team should have gone back to the Oilers 

right?  Texans is a dumb name.   imagine if we were the Buffalo New Yorkers,  or the Giants/Jets were the New Jersey New Yorkers.   Houston Texans,  meh.

Edited by bigduke6
  • Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I don’t get it

They moved and changed the nick name of the team to the Titans …

The new Houston team should have gone back to the Oilers 

They retained all of the rights and history of the team. The new Houston team could not have gone back to the Oilers, I don't think. They would have had to buy the rights, or something, I bet.

5 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Maybe they're mad at him already 

Rodgers will try to get Bahktiari on the Jets but the guy only plays 1 game around week 5 then he's out the rest of the season 

They lose today no way he plays next week, getting into the playoffs at 9-8 in the AFC would have been a miracle at 8-9 no.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

They retained all of the rights and history of the team. The new Houston team could not have gone back to the Oilers, I don't think. They would have had to buy the rights, or something, I bet.

I don’t even know if the new team wanted to use the name or not … but if they did … you think the previous owner could have let them … I note it happened this way with the Browns 

2 minutes ago, Dick_Cheney said:

Remember when some people thought the Jets defense was going to give Miami a hard time.

1 minute ago, BRH said:

The Dolphins have had a short field pretty much all day.

That and having seen the effort of the offense I doubt they ***** care at this point.

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

It's a bit of a reach, but the Ravens should wear throwback Cleveland Browns uniforms when they next play the Cleveland Browns version 2.0. 🤔

And the Colts should wear Colts uniforms when they visit the Raven's... Oh, never mind... The Irsay family are still carpetbaggers. At least Baltimore now has competent owners.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I don’t even know if the new team wanted to use the name or not … but if they did … you think the previous owner could have let them … I note it happened this way with the Browns 

It didn't, because the Ravens did not retain the rights to the Browns. They became essentially a new expansion team.

Edited by MJS
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.