Is Diggs done?

harmonkillebrew

5 minutes ago, FireChans said:

The problem on that play had nothing to do with effort. It was not even close to being contested. The ball was lollipopped a few yards short of Diggs, who had beat his man by 2 steps. 

There are plays to critique when it comes to Diggs, but that’s not one of them. 

It is one of them, they showed an overhead view of the play and the replay showed Diggs had a lot of open room and the move and cut he made was telegraphed and rounded, with a good move and cut and with the leverage he had on the defender who was essentially flat footed, if Diggs had been the Diggs of 6 weeks ago he would have had 5 steps on the guy.

Just now, FireChans said:

He got wide open. Better ball and it’s 6.

You’re not listening

6 minutes ago, FireChans said:

The problem on that play had nothing to do with effort. It was not even close to being contested. The ball was lollipopped a few yards short of Diggs, who had beat his man by 2 steps. 

There are plays to critique when it comes to Diggs, but that’s not one of them. 

Let me put it another way. Diggs had five catches for a 29 yards yesterday. His longest was 11 yards. That means on the rest of his four catches he averaged 12 FEET per route. He’s clearly not all there. The thread asks if Diggs is done. If he’s not, he’s awfully close. Not sure why fans fear these observations. It’s NOT an attack on the guy’s character! 

1 minute ago, Magox said:

It is one of them, they showed an overhead view of the play and the replay showed Diggs had a lot of open room and the move and cut he made was telegraphed and rounded, with a good move and cut and with the leverage he had on the defender who was essentially flat footed, if Diggs had been the Diggs of 6 weeks ago he would have had 5 steps on the guy.

You’re not listening

So if it was the Diggs of 6 weeks ago, he would’ve still had to make a miracle contested jumping catch because Josh would’ve still underthrown him a lollipop across his body but Diggs would’ve been even more open for a TD with a good pass?

That’s fair, I agree.

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Let me put it another way. Diggs had five catches for a 29 yards yesterday. His longest was 11 yards. That means on the rest of his four catches he averaged 12 FEET per route. He’s clearly not all there. The thread asks if Diggs is done. If he’s not, he’s awfully close. Not sure why fans fear these observations. It’s NOT an attack on the guy’s character! 

I’m leaning towards Diggs not being a Bill next year tbh. 

Just don’t think that was a critiquable play.

Just now, FireChans said:

So if it was the Diggs of 6 weeks ago, he would’ve still had to make a miracle contested jumping catch because Josh would’ve still underthrown him a lollipop across his body but Diggs would’ve been even more open for a TD with a good pass?

That’s fair, I agree.

You’re still not listening.

4 minutes ago, FireChans said:

That’s fair, I agree.

I’m leaning towards Diggs not being a Bill next year tbh. 

Just don’t think that was a critiquable play.

I think some are taking my criticism as a test of his effort or character. It’s not. But watching him immediately AFTER the interception he looked more like Von Miller than a guy who can go full speed. He too looks like he’s playing on slippery ice. 

Edited by SoCal Deek

Amazing where people get their opinions lol what the heck?

Only thing is MAYBE Diggs is in a slight slump.  Nothing else

happens

josh under threw 6 - his speed is still there

hes made some incredible catches the last couple weeks - he’s engaged and committed 

23 minutes ago, Drew21PA said:

Amazing where people get their opinions lol what the heck?

Only thing is MAYBE Diggs is in a slight slump.  Nothing else

happens

josh under threw 6 - his speed is still there

hes made some incredible catches the last couple weeks - he’s engaged and committed 

He’s not in a slump. I’m certain he’s playing hurt. Unfortunately the Bills put themselves in a position that both he and his coaches feel he has to be on the field instead of resting him for the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

I think all that states is he has bought in to the team mentality if he hadn't in the past.  If he had a slightly deeper ball thrown to him, he would have been over 100 yards yesterday and the rout would have been on.  No disrespect to Josh because it was a hard throw but that was on Josh.

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

He isn’t running full speed on any play right now. His effort anfter he knew it was underthrown was minimal at best. I’m guessing it’s because he can’t cut on that ankle/knee. Our #1 receiver is clearly hurt. His longest catch yesterday was for ELEVEN yards. 

In previous years that underthrow by Allen wouldn’t have been a pick because Diggs would have fought back for the ball and broken it up.

Idk what is up with him, but I’ve noticed he has been getting almost no separation. Every completion his way has been a very tight window throw.

The number back it up as well. His numbers have fallen off a cliff after starting the year top 5 in the league.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, nedboy7 said:

I guess its time to trade Kincaid.  Such a lack of logic on this board. 

So to recap we would have fired McDermott, Beane.  We would have cut Sam Martin, Oliver, Hyde, Poyer, Rapp, Cook, Dane, Dodson, Epenesa, and Gabe.  Am I missing anyone?  These guys are humans and make mistakes but this board tends to overreact.  Can you imagine if we lost yesterday?

When the int. happened, Diggs went out of his way to not dislodge the ball from the defender. He got as far away from play as he could. It was a bit odd. He was playing it as if he were a defender trying not to get a PI call.

Edited by Governor
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 2

Just now, DapperCam said:

In previous years that underthrow by Allen wouldn’t have been a pick because Diggs would have fought back for the ball and broken it up.

Idk what is up with him, but I’ve noticed he has been getting almost no separation. Every completion his way has been a very tight window throw.

The number back it up as well. His numbers have fallen off a cliff after starting the year top 5 in the league.

Not sure I've ever seen him break up a INT like that.  

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2

I tend to believe that they are doubling him a ton as per this article. We don’t have any other consistent offensive weapon that scares people. I don’t buy the “injury” theory that alot of folks immediately jumps too.  

I was able to open article without subscription, so hope you’re able to as well. 

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/buffalo-bills-stefon-diggs-passing-game-dallas-cowboys-nfl/article_295d4e4c-9acc-11ee-9c3e-272e6a44b064.html

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

So to recap we would have fired McDermott, Beane.  We would have cut Sam Martin, Oliver, Hyde, Poyer, Rapp, Cook, Dane, Dodson, Epenesa, and Gabe.  Am I missing anyone?  These guys are humans and make mistakes but this board tends to overreact.  Can you imagine if we lost yesterday?

I hate to break it to you….but we came REALLY close to losing yesterday. 😉

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Process said:

He played 60% of snaps yesterday. Something is going on. 

This. I can’t imagine the hits these guys take. He’s still hugely valubale at 75% speed, and I can see taking himself out for 20-40%.

again, we should be nice to him. He deserves it. 

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

I think he's hurt and gutting it out  Bills are better off  not announcing it and teams will continue to give him extra attention and hopefully other guys make the best of the opportunities  

I hope that your right ... if not then he had hit the wall or has checked out,  and neither of those is good

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DuckyBoys said:

I think he's hurt and gutting it out  Bills are better off  not announcing it and teams will continue to give him extra attention and hopefully other guys make the best of the opportunities  

I think he has a rib injury.  Any time he takes a hit he has to come off the field for a play or two.  That's not like him.

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

He did get his head hit and neck looked at in the very beginning of the game which could explain the lower snap count. 

plus he has now hit that dreaded 30 in age and as we have seen many many times, most skill players start their decline. 

We shall see but I assume it is injuries/banged up body causing this. 

Edited by CaliBills
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.