Leonard Floyd is what Von Miller was supposed to be

ChronicAndKnuckles

9 hours ago, Augie said:

Do you remember when Tre FINALLY came back from his ACL? Being able to step on the field does not mean you will be 100%, or even close. Von had 8.5 sacks before the injury and looked like a great addition, possibly the difference-maker we needed. Then he got hurt. It happens. You can argue it was foreseeable because of his age, but it was just lousy luck. 

People wanted a bold move to bring home a trophy. They took a big swing and got burned. Again, it happens. All the people who say “one before I die” have to realize there are consequences when you swing for the fences, for better or for worse. 

Heard 2nd hand (fairly trusted friend heard it 1st hand) that one of the docs contracted to evaluate all medical imaging for prospect physicals got drunk and went on and on about how SHOT Vonn's knees were upon signing. Was uncharacteristically noisy about Miller being a walking knee injury waiting to happen (thought it was a failing physical). Pretty sure I've shared this before (not that my sharing carries weight with people who don't know me or my sourcing). 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 hours ago, RiotAct said:

our D has the highest sack percentage (% of defensive snaps where they record a sack) in the NFL!

Doubt they get more than a couple on Mahomes tomorrow, but hopefully we at least hurry him into some bad decisions.

They need to keep Miller on the sidelines and give more reps to Epenesa (along with Floyd). Also, Groot has been very quite in the 2nd half of the year.

• Like (+1) 1

No he isn't.

Miller at least he had a part in close the regular season game against KC last year, until now Floyd hasn't been able to put pressure to close a game. Great games he has had, as Oliver and sometimes Epenesa, but none of them have done it in the final series of any game.

Edited by poblano

7 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I think AJE is better than Rousseau and would love to see more reps as well. 

Yeah…. No.  Rousseau is the unsung hero of this DL, he’s very good.  His sack numbers may not be great, but he’s outstanding in rush coverage and even dropped in space a bit today and covered a rb 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

I'd like to give Floyd an extension if there is anyway out of Miller's deal with the arrest 

The Bills are so far past the cap I don't even know who they can cut to actually save money. They're going to have to let a lot of really good players walk and get vet minimum/draft picks in.

Just now, RiotAct said:

he wasn’t completely awful.

Progress!!!

Don’t be foolish. He’s a top tier 1st ballot hall of famer. You don’t quit on those guys just because they’re slow coming back from an ACL at 34. 

Listen to yourself. Think. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

The Bills are so far past the cap I don't even know who they can cut to actually save money. They're going to have to let a lot of really good players walk and get vet minimum/draft picks in.

Davis needs to go. I was a supporter, but he is just way too inconsistent even with Diggs getting bracketed all game. I’d rather roll the dice w/ Shakir/rookie and a 2nd year Kincaid. Use that money to resign Floyd who has been wrecking O-lines alongside Oliver. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Davis needs to go. I was a supporter, but he is just way too inconsistent even with Diggs getting bracketed all game. I’d rather roll the dice w/ Shakir/rookie and a 2nd year Kincaid. Use that money to resign Floyd who has been wrecking O-lines alongside Oliver. 

Davis will be a free agent.  He brings nothing.  We won’t be resigning him. We need two big time new receivers next year.  Diggs looks shot.  But his contract makes it prohibitive to cut or trade him.  The same w Von.  Ugh.  

11 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Davis will be a free agent.  He brings nothing.  We won’t be resigning him. We need two big time new receivers next year.  Diggs looks shot.  But his contract makes it prohibitive to cut or trade him.  The same w Von.  Ugh.  

he’s a decent blocker, but that’s about it.

42 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Diggs looks cooked, he’s at that age where he really could be, or it’s just a product of the coverage/scheme.  Hard to tell.   The “easy” drops he keeps making are infuriating for sure.

1 minute ago, DCofNC said:

Diggs looks cooked, he’s at that age where he really could be, or it’s just a product of the coverage/scheme.  Hard to tell.   The “easy” drops he keeps making are infuriating for sure.

tonight might have been Diggs worst game as a Bill Needs to lose the cornrows

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Gambit said:

That's an insult to Woods. He was a solid WR. Davis is a skinny Lee Smith.

Ha- i might have to resume my “just bring in your swing tackle instead” campaign if he’s just a blocker. 

I will forever say I can’t believe they have him a game hall on a no catch day 

1 hour ago, balln said:

But I don’t think he is. All the quick hitter screens we can’t cash in against hyper aggressive D he’s not sustaining or whiffing 

Honest to God......if they threw that Diggs screen one more time I woulda just gave up on the Bills.......3 times it didn't work.  WTAF????

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Diggs is 7 yards away from his 6th straight 1000+ yard season. Also has 8 TDs w/ 4 games to go. He is not shot. KC put all their focus on Diggs and other guys were able to step up except Davis. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Diggs is 7 yards away from his 6th straight 1000+ yard season. Also has 8 TDs w/ 4 games to go. He is not shot. KC put all their focus on Diggs and other guys were able to step up except Davis. 

You were watching a different offense then I was my friend.  Diggs is running half speed most of the time, and isn't breaking any tackles.  He also isn't getting any separation from the guys who are covering him.  You can not tell me he has been dominant in the slightest the second half of the season.  And to be honest, he doesn't have to even dominate.  Just get open some and make 3 or 4 big catches per game.  And show some fire!!

1 minute ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

You were watching a different offense than I was my friend.  Diggs is running half speed most of the time, and isn't breaking any tackles.  He also isn't getting any separation from the guys who are covering him.  You can not tell me he has been dominant in the slightest the second half of the season.  And to be honest, he doesn't have to even dominate.  Just get open some and make 3 or 4 big catches per game.  And show some fire!!

Yes, he had a bad game, but to say he is shot is ridiculous. Maybe if other WRs would step up *cough Davis* 

6 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

You were watching a different offense then I was my friend.  Diggs is running half speed most of the time, and isn't breaking any tackles.  He also isn't getting any separation from the guys who are covering him.  You can not tell me he has been dominant in the slightest the second half of the season.  And to be honest, he doesn't have to even dominate.  Just get open some and make 3 or 4 big catches per game.  And show some fire!!

He looks like a guy going through the motions and they look like slow motions.  I don’t know what else to say on the subject.  Either he’s slowed down a lot or he’s just not into it this year.   We are used to seeing him go at it 110% and this does not look like the same guy. 

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Good tape for the Dallas boyz.  Hope they take him lightly.  Wanna bet Diggs burns em bad?

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

He's in a rut. The play he lowered his shoulder and got the first down was a tough, gritty play. 

1 hour ago, Ga boy said:

Good tape for the Dallas boyz.  Hope they take him lightly.  Wanna bet Diggs burns em bad?

You know Diggs will be jacked up for this one to rub in to bro. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/10/2023 at 10:50 PM, poblano said:

No he isn't.

Miller at least he had a part in close the regular season game against KC last year, until now Floyd hasn't been able to put pressure to close a game. Great games he has had, as Oliver and sometimes Epenesa, but none of them have done it in the final series of any game.

He did this Sunday when he forced Mahomes to hurry up on the 4th down play

2 hours ago, ganesh said:

He did this Sunday when he forced Mahomes to hurry up on the 4th down play

For the first time in the season DL's were able to put pressure on the opposite QB on the final drive of the game, in 2nd down was Miller and others, in 3rd Oliver batted down the ball,  and Floyd in the 4th

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.