Calling it now: Bills are going to at least reach the AFCCG

Alphadawg7

On 12/5/2023 at 2:08 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

Bills are going to make the playoffs, and I actually believe like I did in 2021 when we were 6 games out that we are going to probably win out.  I know this will be split between the over optimistic crowd and the overly negative crowd, but I am not saying this to just say it.  In 2021 I thought the Bills figured something out in the 2nd half of the Bucs game and I started a thread saying we would win out and they did.  

This year, not saying it out of blind homerism, but I really do think this team is about to finish the season strong and likely win out and make the playoffs because I am fully convinced that this offense under Brady is not just a 2 game fling and is going to continue down the stretch.  

Ive been watching a lot of content on the Dorsey offense vs the differences in the Brady led offense, and its remarkable Dorsey kept his job as long as he did.  This offense IMHO has turned a corner that will stay the rest of the season.  Its now coming off a bye week to get even more settled into what Brady wants to do and tweaks and wrinkles they want to install.  So lets look at what is in store and why I feel this team is about to cook the next 5 weeks and enter the playoffs as maybe the hottest team in the AFC:

KC - Coming off a loss and an offense with no identity anymore.  The personnel grouping there is shockingly bad and this offense can no longer keep up with high powered offenses.  The thing that has saved KC this year has been the much improved defense, but that defense just got cooked by GB and took some injuries in that game too.  I think the Bills coming in off a bye, KC in an offensive rut, Rasul and Linval now more comfortable in our defense, and this just feels like a game the Bills win and probably win decisively.  

DAL - They are the Dolphins of the NFC - They struggle against the better teams in the league while boosting stats on bad teams.  Their "DPOY" just got torched by Seattle along with their whole defense, and that offense in Seattle is mediocre at best.  Dak on the road in Buffalo is a recipe for a down game.  I think because of Buffalos 6-6 record and early season offensive struggles that people see this game as more dangerous than it really is.  I actually think we are going to beat the Cowboys handedly.  Wouldn't surprise me if it looks a lot like what the Niners did to Dallas.   

LAC - Allen and this offense will drop over 40 on that defense, especially without Bosa.  Herbert and that offense can score too, and this might be a high scoring game, but Staley and the LAC are the best in the NFL at losing games, so even if they put a lot of points up I still think the Bills win by 2 scores.  

NE - Its New England - we arent losing to them twice.  Bottom 3 team in the NFL right now without question.

MIAMI - With Trevors ankle injury, and KC losing to GB and probably losing to us this week, the #1 seed could very well be locked down for Miami by week 17 and they would rest their starters for all or part of the game.  Either way, I do not expect Miami to have much to play for and we probably don't see their starters for more than a half.  BUT even if they do need to win and play the whole game, we always cook the Fish, so a dub either way in my eyes.  The key to beating Miami is take away Tuas first read and don't give up the big play, something the Bills have excelled at during the Tua-Hill era.    

I see 5 games, and I see 5 wins.  Negative crowd is gonna flame away, just like they did in 2021.  But I really do think this team is about to cook these last 5 weeks and that momentum will carry over into the post season where I don't see too much of a threat standing in the way to reach the AFCCG for the Bills.

With the offense humming and the defense integrating so much needed veteran reinforcements in Rasul and Linval, I think we are poised to make a run here.  I think 5-0 is quite possible, but even 4-1 may get the job done of getting in.  

Congrats big boy, you’re officially the voice of reason. Now let’s finish the job.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

On 12/5/2023 at 11:08 AM, Alphadawg7 said:

Bills are going to make the playoffs, and I actually believe like I did in 2021 when we were 6 games out that we are going to probably win out

As I was saying…

2 seed!!!!!  
Division Champs!!!!!

Real season begins now!!!!

LFG!!!!  GOBILLS!!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

1 more win down, and 1 to go to get to the AFCCG and a shot at the Super Bowl!  

Fitting its against the Chiefs...our old nemesis and the perfect team to cleanse our past on!   

LFG!!!!!  GoBills!

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

On 12/5/2023 at 2:31 PM, MJS said:

I'm just going to take it one game at a time.

Same here, that’s the only way to be.

Can we please stop putting the cart before the horse? Let’s pump the breaks a little bit, let the team do its thing while cheering them on heartily.

Nothing wrong with optimism, but let’s wait and see how the games play out before prematurely popping the champagne corks and dancing on the ceiling as the confetti falls down.

• Disagree 1

7 minutes ago, WinterSoldier17 said:

Same here, that’s the only way to be.

Can we please stop putting the cart before the horse? Let’s pump the breaks a little bit, let the team do its thing while cheering them on heartily.

Nothing wrong with optimism, but let’s wait and see how the games play out before prematurely popping the champagne corks and dancing on the ceiling as the confetti falls down.

Huh?  I posted this on December 5th...we have all been taking it one game at a time.   Its now down to the final game to make the AFCCG per the OP

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

We should have had this one...but it was a fun ride, thanks to those who came along with me on the ride here in the thread.  At least I was right about winning out, just a play or so short from getting to the AFCCG.  

Im excited to see what things look like next year though with Brady getting install his offense, McD back to just HC duties, and a DC that has shown he can develop young players because Babich is going to likely have a lot of youth on D this year.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

We should have had this one...but it was a fun ride, thanks to those who came along with me on the ride here in the thread.  At least I was right about winning out, just a play or so short from getting to the AFCCG.  

Im excited to see what things look like next year though with Brady getting install his offense, McD back to just HC duties, and a DC that has shown he can develop young players because Babich is going to likely have a lot of youth on D this year.

Hopefully the Bills get serious about addressing the WR position this offseason.

• Agree 1

where’s the depth here. Every Bills injury is like the world is coming to an end.  And they were really healthy on offense for the most part all season. They lost Damien Harris, not a great loss afterall, Knox for a few games and Gabe in the playoffs unfortunately. 

It’s a shame the season ended one game short of your bold prediction. The good news is that they were playing well enough to make it happen and just couldn’t make one more play. Your call came at a time when most fans had lost hope and wouldn’t have exposed themselves to the ridicule that almost was a certainty with the way they were playing. I needed a few quality wins to get on board but  you never stopped believing. Nice job.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Inquiring minds want to know…what are you willing to call at this moment for this coming season?? 

If Beane doesn't totally screw up this draft and if we can maybe for once in our freaking lives not be absolutely wrecked by injuries to start the playoffs, I think we at least get to the AFCCG this coming season. If our defense had only been wrecked with injuries instead of being absolutely wrecked with injuries, we would've been there this year.

After seeing how awful the Ravens played, it's a bit heartbreaking to wonder what could've been if we had had maybe one less starter out on defense. The expectation for next season should once again be to at least make the AFCCG, full stop.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Eastport bills said:

It’s a shame the season ended one game short of your bold prediction. The good news is that they were playing well enough to make it happen and just couldn’t make one more play. Your call came at a time when most fans had lost hope and wouldn’t have exposed themselves to the ridicule that almost was a certainty with the way they were playing. I needed a few quality wins to get on board but  you never stopped believing. Nice job.

I heard that his favorite band is Journey…

4 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Inquiring minds want to know…what are you willing to call at this moment for this coming season?? 

Haha well I have only made a few “Calling it now” threads, and this is the first one that partially worked out but came up a toe short of the final prediction.  The reason I’ve been so accurate with them is because I don’t make blind guesses, I base them off of information, analysis, etc.  

So today, we are light on information to truly know what to expect next year as we will experience a major roster turnover this season that could equate to half the roster, possibly a little more.  

But, that doesn’t mean I don’t have some sort of opinion or guess.  So here is my way too early shot at it:

I think our offense is going to put up its best season in the Allen era.  Why - Because the important pieces are all back, Cook has matured into a major weapon and Brady will now have experience understanding the talents of the roster and how to build and implement his system around that.  I believe the run game involvement is here to stay.  I believe Shakir and Kincaid are going to take another big step forward, and that the Bills are going to add a big fast WR on the outside who can high point balls and track the deep ball.  

On defense, it’s a little less certain.  McD did a great job as DC, but he is no longer calling the D and new DC Babich has a lot to prove.  But there is also a lot to like based on how well he worked with the LBs, and we always have the option for McD to resume play calling duties if Babich struggles.  But the bigger questions is who will be on the field.  I think Tre is a prime candidate to be a cap cut, and Hyde already appears confirmed gone and Poyer has cap casualty possibilities too.  So our secondary could be a lot younger and unproven next year.  Then will they bring any of the 3 FA DE’s back in Floyd, AJE, or Shaq because we don’t have any outside of Von.  So could be some turnover there too for Beane to figure out.

Then of course you got McD back to focusing on HC only now, so that should help as well.  

So knowing all that, I think this team offensively is going to be best the offense in the AFC and that alone will win us a lot of games.  So for me, I have the Bills winning the division and finishing the season no worse than the 3 seed next year and winning at least one playoff game.  Can’t commit to more than that until I see how the FA period and draft goes.  But I do think the offense will be good enough to carry us at least that far.

If we can hit on the draft class at WR and a couple defensive guys then this team will be a real threat to get to the SB again.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

In fairness,  the Bills were outplayed on their home field,  got the biggest bounce of the game to even keep them in it (benefiting from a nonsensical rule that probably won't exist next year) and probably needed to execute about 10 more plays somewhat successfully to kill the clock, score a TD,  burn KC's timeouts and stop them on their subsequent drive in order to win that game in regulation.  

Looking forward to next year(as always) but that season was just ugly for a team that showed such promise in September.    The ending was very appropriate.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

8 hours ago, stuvian said:

There's nothing outlandish about that prediction. I had a futures bet that the Bills would win it all this year and I did it again for next year.

We are the chosen people. Sacha Baron Cohen Church GIF by filmeditor

I was just going to suggest that OP (Ad7) just tacks a 2024-25 on the end of the thread title. 😁

6 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

In fairness,  the Bills were outplayed on their home field,  got the biggest bounce of the game to even keep them in it (benefiting from a nonsensical rule that probably won't exist next year) and probably needed to execute about 10 more plays somewhat successfully to kill the clock, score a TD,  burn KC's timeouts and stop them on their subsequent drive in order to win that game in regulation.  

Looking forward to next year(as always) but that season was just ugly for a team that showed such promise in September.    The ending was very appropriate.

yea weird how many people are posting 1 play away 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.