Von Miller faces arrest in domestic violence case in Dallas

ArdmoreRyno

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Okay so you did answer my question.  You do want to the Bills to be the ONLY team in the ENTIRE NFL to have shorten bye weeks to practice.  Come to Buffalo, we aren't going to give you full bye weeks while 31 other teams will. 

In your mind, 4 days should be enough for them.  Practicing or playing every week since late July when they report to camp.  Not to mention OTA's and weight training/conditioning, training room, film....it's grueling.  Every weekend late July to January (longer if you're in the playoffs) is taken away by football.  And you say it makes "absolutely no sense" for them to have a week off?

This sounds like someone who has never done anything physically exerting for long periods of time.  I don't know if you have or haven't but it definitely sounds like you haven't.  

Isn’t it amazing that if someone makes a lot of money, somehow their mental health/physical health/wellbeing is somehow less important than someone who is ‘normal.’ In this case, all in the name of entertainment. 

Crazy and fascinating. 

Just now, Success said:

I was already staying away from sports media & other fan boards since the Philly game.  I might have to make that permanent.

I tried. Longed on during lunch for the hell of it.

4 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Isn’t it amazing that if someone makes a lot of money, somehow their mental health/physical health/wellbeing is somehow less important than someone who is ‘normal.’ In this case, all in the name of entertainment. 

Crazy and fascinating. 

It is.  

These guys mangle their bodies for our entertainment and a fan questions them wanting a full week off during a bye week?  Talk about an entitled and privileged attitude.  

Continuous crippling pain

Seventeen years removed from his NFL career, ex-quarterback Don Majkowski says he can no longer hold down a job. He can't stand for long periods, and sitting is also tough. He has undergone nearly 20 surgeries related to football, including 11 on his ankle, three on his shoulder and two on his back. He has a 12-inch scar on his stomach, and he can't walk very far because his left foot is fused with his ankle by a pair of metal plates and 13 screws. "It's like walking on a pirate peg leg," he said.

No one warned Majkowski that all those blindside hits might result in lumbar spinal fusion and degenerative disk disease, and certainly no one mentioned the crippling pain that preceded it. What few warnings he did receive, he didn't particularly listen to. "You hear stories of what you will have to face when you get older," he said. "You don't put much merit in that when you're younger."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/feature/wp/2013/05/16/do-no-harm-retired-nfl-players-endure-a-lifetime-of-hurt/

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Ok. Then I'll answer both of ya...lol.

While correct having the victim back out and not testify can usually lead to the case not moving forward, there are also many cases where it has. Some states do have different laws regarding it, but in some places if the police find the evidence and the DA wishes to proceed it's because there is enough evidence to convict without a witness. Would hardly be unprecedented is my point. 

Now do they have that? That I don't know. Would the DA prosecute a famous athlete without a witness? Again, not known. But it is plausible that Texas of all places would move forward with it. 

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you just to be clear. I was mainly speaking about the bruises etc because I thought that was what you meant when you said "all the evidence they have".  That could be from whatever else and said Von was reason.

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

It is.  

These guys mangle their bodies for our entertainment and a fan questions them wanting a full week off during a bye week?  Talk about an entitled and privileged attitude.  

Seventeen years removed from his NFL career, ex-quarterback Don Majkowski says he can no longer hold down a job. He can't stand for long periods, and sitting is also tough. He has undergone nearly 20 surgeries related to football, including 11 on his ankle, three on his shoulder and two on his back. He has a 12-inch scar on his stomach, and he can't walk very far because his left foot is fused with his ankle by a pair of metal plates and 13 screws. "It's like walking on a pirate peg leg," he said.

No one warned Majkowski that all those blindside hits might result in lumbar spinal fusion and degenerative disk disease, and certainly no one mentioned the crippling pain that preceded it. What few warnings he did receive, he didn't particularly listen to. "You hear stories of what you will have to face when you get older," he said. "You don't put much merit in that when you're younger."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/feature/wp/2013/05/16/do-no-harm-retired-nfl-players-endure-a-lifetime-of-hurt/

Even just the “they were rich, what did they have to be depressed about” mindset baffles me. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Sure, if you want to give up. The Bills can turn back into pumpkins like we're used to. It won't be that bad. We can debate who we are drafting and which washed out QB to sign. All our games will be at 1pm. Just like old times.

When did I say that was me? Weird.

3 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Even just the “they were rich, what did they have to be depressed about” mindset baffles me. 

I watched a documentary about Frank Sinatra years ago.  The most desired man in Hollywood, filthy rich, could have any woman he wanted, was the leader of the coolest group in the world and was known as a the ultimate Alpha Male.....yet was still clinically severely depressed and attempted suicide multiple times.  

Thought this was interesting

An assault involving injury becomes a third-degree felony if the defendant has any prior domestic assault convictions or the offense involved strangulation or suffocation. If both are true, the penalty increases to a second-degree felony. A third-degree felony conviction subjects the offender to 2 to 10 years in prison and a $10,000 fine. A conviction for a second-degree felony means 2 to 20 years in prison and a $10,000 fine.

(Tex. Penal Code §§ 12.21, 12.23, 12.34, 22.01 (2023).)

Officers arrived and found Miller's longtime girlfriend with "minor abrasions" on her left hand and bruising on her neck -- "injuries consistent with applied pressure to the neck," according to an arrest warrant affidavit 

Edited by Coldfronts

13 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It is.  

These guys do not mangle there bodies to entertain us- maybe in the 1970's where they got paid in sandwiches

Money is why they do this man

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BlazinBill said:

These guys do not mangle there bodies to entertain us- maybe in the 1970's where they got paid in sandwiches

As a fan, what you contribute to the equation and receive from it is unchanged between then and now

3 minutes ago, boyst said:

the hands around the neck allegation is the kicker that intensifies this. interesting indeed.

this thread not having any Jauronimo snark is disappointing.

Strangulation is a huge, huge red flag in DV cases.   Increases exponentially the possibility that the Vic ultimately will become a homicide Vic. 

• Agree 1

If Miller is still a Bill come a week from Sunday, it will be embarrassing, and I don’t ever want to hear the words process and culture from Terry, BB, or McDummy. 

Kim may have problems speaking, but she should still be able to communicate her outrage, and demand that he be waived ASAP. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

If Miller is still a Bill come a week from Sunday, it will be embarrassing, and I don’t ever want to hear the words process and culture from Terry, BB, or McDummy. 

Kim may have problems speaking, but she should still be able to communicate her outrage, and demand that he be waived ASAP. 

Seems, for the first time, most of us actually are on the same page … that being, if what is reported is true, he should be gone. 

Don’t do this though..  It’s obnoxious.  Bills have to let this play out, especially given they were public-pressured into cutting a guy off allegations last year.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 3

It sounds like Von has hit more pregnant women than he has hit  NFL players in 2023. Von has yet to make a tackle.  Hes burned us many times.  Dude can’t set an edge, and loves to run himself 5 yards behind QB

Edited by Pete

Just now, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Let alone the stress/trauma caused to the fetus during that whole ordeal. 

Sure, that’s an issue.  The point I’m

making though is that those who strangle are more likely to kill.  It’s a gigantic, flaming warning beacon and such types of DV cases are taken very seriously. 

• Agree 1

Just WOW if true.  The GFs side of the story

The affidavit said the alleged victim went from the bedroom to the office of the home and slammed the door out of anger. Miller then became "visibly angry," the affidavit said. He went into the office and yelled at his girlfriend to "get out" of the apartment, according to the affidavit.

The affidavit said the girlfriend "attempted to comply" with Miller's request to leave the home, but wanted to gather some items before leaving. As she did this, the affidavit said, Miller "began to shove and push her, all while telling her to leave from the unit."

The affidavit said Miller then began trying to film his girlfriend on his phone, "all while continuing to push and shove" her out of the home.

The girlfriend kept yelling, "Stop! I'm pregnant!" according to the affidavit, but Miller allegedly kept pushing her. 

The affidavit said Miller then "began applying pressure around the [girlfriend's] neck for 3 to 5 seconds before letting go.".....

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/local/buffalo-bills-nfl-von-miller-faces-arrest-in-dallas-texas-domestic-violence-case/287-2904617b-5d0d-4252-a321-28d8f61807f0

Edited by Coldfronts

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

Yes, and I totally get it, but from a team perspective no. Cut him now, he gets his money. 

Suspend him indefinitely and wait to release him until the NFL suspends him officially under the PCP and he doesn’t get his money. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Strangulation is a huge, huge red flag in DV cases.   Increases exponentially the possibility that the Vic ultimately will become a homicide Vic. 

agreed. have familiarity with this unfortunately. one of my sisters best friends growing up was married to an abuser who would throw her around by her neck and hair. he ultimately choked her out and killed her. rolled her up in a carpet and fled to canada (he had duel citizenship) - and the cannucks would not send him back unless the us agreed not to prosecute it as a death penalty case or beyond a certain level.

he got a dozen years in prison for it.

everyone tried to get her to leave him, everyone was worried. no one could stop her.

• Sad 2

What I have to say I find interesting is that he still hasn’t turned himself in.  Maybe counsel is negotiating with the police and it’s going to be done after hours.  But in this day and age it’s hard to believe Miller doesn’t know about this and it would unusual if some steps toward submitting to arrest haven’t been taken. 

16 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I watched a documentary about Frank Sinatra years ago.  The most desired man in Hollywood, filthy rich, could have any woman he wanted, was the leader of the coolest group in the world and was known as a the ultimate Alpha Male.....yet was still clinically severely depressed and attempted suicide multiple times.  

Sinatra couldn’t arrange a hit on himself? Never make it in Bills Mafia. 

15 minutes ago, BlazinBill said:

A General Manager at a paper mill makes a lot of money.  Do you think he works all those hours because he loves making paper or is it because they pay him well?  Money is the ultimate factor in every position in every industry.  It seems, for whatever reason, athletes are criticized when money is their top motivator.

NFL players are motivated by money, the fans, the attention, the glory, the rings, their teammates...it's not just one thing.  These players were once little kids and fans once themselves.  If the players didn't really care about the fans, they wouldn't give back so much to the community.  

Fans are mentioned all the time in post game conferences.  Allen brought them up after losing to Jacksonville because he felt bad the Bills didn't give them a good product on the field after making that trip.  These guys aren't all just shallow people POS. 

You can see it in Allen that he wants to win a Super Bowl for the fans and city of Buffalo.

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.