Who doesn't think this team is good enough to go 5-0 down the stretch?

Billsfan1972

18 hours ago, Success said:

I get thinking that might be the record if a fan thinks the team is falling apart - but "realistically" is not at all accurate.

There is a very slim chance the team falls apart like that.  We're a 6-6 team that talent-wise is on par w/ the top teams.  Only about 2-3 teams are likely to win only one game the rest of the way, and those are really the dregs of the league.

hate to break it to you, this team is 10th in the conference.

it is the dregs

• Eyeroll 1

Look I’ve said it before and I’ll state that the Bills are more than good enough to beat EVERYONE.

id go so far to say that if they get to the playoffs they are potentially the best team and a team to look out for.

I’ll go further and say IF THEY MAKE THE PLAYOFFS - they will make the superbowl

But - no - McDermott and his decisions are horrible.  He has lost this team so many games this year it’s sickening and turning into a comedy act.

18 hours ago, jahnyc said:

They are good enough to go 5-0, but even a very good team would have difficulty accomplishing this given the quality of opponents (including KC, Dallas and Miami) and all of the other things that are not within their control, such as officiating, weather and further injuries.

…and McDermott crapping his pants 

Edited by Drew21PA
  • Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

I am FULLY convinced that all this team needs to do is beats KC and they go the Super Bowl. The thing that that truly sucks is that I don't think think we are beating KC. This could go down as the most infuriating season of my life because even after the injuries, these players can STILL do it. If the defensive coaching could just get out of their own way, we very well may STILL have the best team in the NFL. 

If McDermott can't figure out a solid defensive plan over the 2 weeks he will have, I hope he rots on some other team next year. I honestly feel the whole rest of his career hinges on KC so for the good of him, and the best fans in the league, GET IT FREAKING DONE!!!!!

That's a pretty succinct summary of things.  Our offense has always played well in Arrowhead.  I think Josh feels real comfortable going up against Mahomes and playing in the big game atmosphere you always get there.  Its the defense that is questionable.  We need some new wrinkles to throw at Mahomes and the Chiefs.  Reid is a great coach.  And just playing our basic vanilla isn't likely to throw much of a wrench into their game plan.  Mahomes' running is underrated.  We need a spy on him, (maybe Taron Johnson because he is a good tackler, and can't cover anyone) to keep him from getting loose when the pocket breaks down.  Do that and the Chiefs offense is nothing special anymore.  Lets see what McDermott's got at this point.  

19 hours ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

I am FULLY convinced that all this team needs to do is beats KC and they go the Super Bowl. The thing that that truly sucks is that I don't think think we are beating KC. This could go down as the most infuriating season of my life because even after the injuries, these players can STILL do it. If the defensive coaching could just get out of their own way, we very well may STILL have the best team in the NFL. 

If McDermott can't figure out a solid defensive plan over the 2 weeks he will have, I hope he rots on some other team next year. I honestly feel the whole rest of his career hinges on KC so for the good of him, and the best fans in the league, GET IT FREAKING DONE!!!!!

So what’s standing in the Bills way to the superbowl this season AND the fate of McD’s entire career hinges on a regular season game against KC? It’s a big game but I had no idea of all the implications. Wow. 

4 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

So what’s standing in the Bills way to the superbowl this season AND the fate of McD’s entire career hinges on a regular season game against KC? It’s a big game but I had no idea of all the implications. Wow. 

Because I believe this team is either going to go into KC and ignore the noise, or crash and burn losing 4 out of their last 5. KC will tell us everything we need to know about whether this coach has lost the locker-room or not. If they come out of KC with a victory, then the season is back on track and all of their goals are still within reach. 

1 hour ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Because I believe this team is either going to go into KC and ignore the noise, or crash and burn losing 4 out of their last 5. KC will tell us everything we need to know about whether this coach has lost the locker-room or not. If they come out of KC with a victory, then the season is back on track and all of their goals are still within reach. 

I actually think they have a great chance to beat KC given the current circumstances. But I don’t think it will lead to much of anything even if they were to pull it off. This team is just too inconsistent this year. Most .500 teams are. 

2 hours ago, KHAN said:

Easily good enough to win out.

The head coach however is not.

I think we win the next 8 or 9 (9 if we go wild card route). I’m tired of negativity. Let’s go do this!!! This team is good enough to win the whole thing (hope they believe in themselves like I believe in them)

Played golf today with a guy with no emotional attachment to the Bills.  He asked me how a team so talented be in this position.  It occurred to me that millions of others are scratching their heads like we are. He agreed that if the Bills make the playoffs, they would be tough to beat.  Really hope we get to see that.  

On 11/30/2023 at 3:36 AM, teef said:

i think they're good enough, but i don't think they're consistent enough.  

Ouch!  

That hurt, Teef.

15 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

hate to break it to you, this team is 10th in the conference.

it is the dregs

Really isn't.

7 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Yeah it's not happening.

It might. Very possible. And they could make it with a 4-1 record, though it becomes wildly dependent on the results of other teams.

Edited by Thurman#1

Since winning 3 in a row (weeks 2-4), they have failed to win 2 straight (including near misses to the Giants and Bucs). You have the 12-man game, 20 second game and Mac Jones comeback in there, as well.

No, I can't see them stringing five, especially with a coach who plays scared, and a team that performs that way at crunch time.

• Agree 1

On 11/29/2023 at 1:36 PM, teef said:

Agree, but more importantly and to support your point, which AFC team has more talent on offense that we do?  

Is there one?  

Agree, but more importantly and to support your point, which AFC team has more talent on offense that we do?  

Is there one?  

Who doesn't think this team is good enough to go 5-0 down the stretch?

Talent/Roster, yes 

Coaching, no.

We're good enough on paper to be 10-2 or even 11-1 right now!  

But this will prove itself one way or another.  It won't come down to fan vote or discussion.  

Of any year with Allen so far, this playoffs is wide open!  There isn't one dominant team in the AFC.  

Yet we're on the outside looking in.  

SMFH 

Edited by PBF81

After watching the Cowboys game last night, the Bills match up well with them. However, if the flags fly the way they did last night and last week it's going to be almost impossible to beat them. 

I also like the matchup with the Chiefs honestly. I think they can do it, but they are going to need some luck. And lady luck has not been on their side. I will say that no one will want to play them in the playoffs, so just get in and see what happens. 

If the Bills play to their potential & the way we know they can they can beat any team in the league but if they play conservative & the players drop passes & miss kicks on field goal attempts the out come will be like that of the Philly game & they will come up just a little bit short .

Which in short means if the rest of the season goes the way this season has gone the Bills will be sitting home watching the play offs like we all will be .

• Agree 1

On 11/29/2023 at 6:14 PM, RunTheBall said:

I’m a huge Bills homer and I don’t see it happening. Not with this defense, this special teams, and this head coach.

I expect Andy Reid and Spags to school McD in Arrowhead after the bye and end all discussion.

I think we have the better team overall but I think the coaching disparity is what will doom us. 

Hope I’m wrong.

I've said this 100 times here, the Chiefs D is the diametric opposite of Buffalo's.  They'll give up yards and points, but will make the stops in Q4.  The Bills seem to be a defense focused on statistical achievement rather than wins.  Spagnola is 100x the defensive guru than McDopey

• Agree 1

31 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

As soon as they'd not dress Cook..the offense is good enough to carry. Otherwise they probably lose next 2, but at least their next already.

LOL.  We have averaged 34 points per game in the last 2 with Brady as OC and Cook as the main back....who had 100 yards total in both games.  34 points a game isn't good enough to carry or something?

• Like (+1) 1

We are a below .500 team in close games. Our schedule is not easy. We should have at least 2 close games, if not more. So to think we will suddenly change a pattern that has been very consistent for 3 years. I can't agree with that even if I do feel we are talented enough to do so. 

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

LOL.  We have averaged 34 points per game in the last 2 with Brady as OC and Cook as the main back....who had 100 yards total in both games.  34 points a game isn't good enough to carry or something?

Give them something to defend besides Allen. They don't give two ***** if Cook gets his yards. Nolike he's wearing them out. The negative plays pile. You guys think he's Barry Sanders and can make up for it. He's never broken a big one cause he has no power.

Edited by 1onemangang7
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The defense did enough to win every game this season except for the Patriots' game (and maybe the Eagles' game now).

The inconsistency (consistency?) was only on offense, but that was very clearly because of the gross incompetence of the OC, now gone.

They are clearly good enough, one of the top, most dynamic teams in the NFL.  But that incompetent yahoo set them so far back in the win column that there is no margin for error now--and the loss last week may have been enough to seal their fate. They should sue him for malpractice--love to see that moron on the witness stand, given game scenarios and such and listen to his answers.

But I still think they can get in to the playoffs.  If they do, watch out...

Edited by Mister Defense

6 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

Give them something to defend besides Allen. They don't give two ***** if Cook gets his yards. Nolike he's wearing them out. The negative plays pile. You guys think he's Barry Sanders and can make up for it. He's never broken a big one cause he has no power.

Lol!

You still think that the Bills should just forego the run, basically!??

Were you a Bills' fan during the 2021 season? 

What made them maybe the best team in the NFL after their 7-6 start?  They became the #1 running team in the NFL after that, after making Singletary their featured back--that is what made Allen reach his potential for the rest of that year and then in the playoffs. 

I think it is laugh out loud funny that some are sticking by this ignorant take, that Allen should just throw it, that the running game is not important.

It is vital, in the most literal sense of the word, for the Bills to have a shot.

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

We are a below .500 team in close games. Our schedule is not easy. We should have at least 2 close games, if not more. So to think we will suddenly change a pattern that has been very consistent for 3 years. I can't agree with that even if I do feel we are talented enough to do so. 

I don't think the Bills are running the table either. But I will say if (BIG IF) they can beat the Chiefs and Cowboys then running the table at that point is very doable.

54 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

I've said this 100 times here, the Chiefs D is the diametric opposite of Buffalo's.  They'll give up yards and points, but will make the stops in Q4.  The Bills seem to be a defense focused on statistical achievement rather than wins.  Spagnola is 100x the defensive guru than McDopey

Didn't Chiefs just give up 14 second half points and lose to the Eagles???

1 minute ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Didn't Chiefs just give up 14 second half points and lose to the Eagles???

Yes, that is a data point, but if you've watched the Chiefs over the last few years including a couple super bowl wins, they're pretty good at getting a stop when needed in Q4 whereas the Bills are decidedly not.   Hell, our D couldn't stop KC with 13 effing seconds left, you can't deny that reality. That's why we either blow teams out or lose close games.

5 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

Lol!

You still think that the Bills should just forego the run, basically!??

Were you a Bills' fan during the 2021 season? 

What made them maybe the best team in the NFL after their 7-6 start?  They became the #1 running team in the NFL after that, after making Singletary their featured back--that is what made Allen reach his potential for the rest of that year and then in the playoffs. 

I think it is laugh out loud funny that some are sticking by this ignorant take, that Allen should just throw it, that the running game is not important.

It is vital, in the most literal sense of the word, for the Bills to have a shot.

No I think they should run. Defenses just don't care if it's cook getting it. He can't hurt em. Cincys revered coordinator put 2 spies on Allen. I've never seen that before. Run with a punisher they get tired of tackling and make them support with safeties. Then Allen will own them.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

No I think they should run. Defenses just don't care if it's cook getting it. He can't hurt em. Cincys revered coordinator put 2 spies on Allen. I've never seen that before. Run with a punisher they get tired of tackling and make them support with safeties. Then Allen will own them.

Okay, then I definitely agree.  I think that the Bills need a power runner too, that Cook is not the every down back that can plow through the line.  He is going to be a great player, is maybe there already, but not that kind of back as he is too slight. In fact, I think if the Bills think he is, it will diminish Cook's skill set and get him injured.

Damien Harris now?? Though I have also been calling for more of Murray since the first week of the season and very happy to see Brady using him much much more.

In the draft next year, the Bills will likely get a top tier every down bruising back.  Perfect skill set needed? A Maurice Jone Drew clone, almost unstoppable, great runner, great speed,  great at catching the ball, and great at blocking.  

27 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

The defense did enough to win every game this season except for the Patriots' game (and maybe the Eagles' game now).

The inconsistency (consistency?) was only on offense, but that was very clearly because of the gross incompetence of the OC, now gone.

They are clearly good enough, one of the top, most dynamic teams in the NFL.  But that incompetent yahoo set them so far back in the win column that there is no margin for error now--and the loss last week may have been enough to seal their fate. They should sue him for malpractice--love to see that moron on the witness stand, given game scenarios and such and listen to his answers.

But I still think they can get in to the playoffs.  If they do, watch out...

Huh??????? Mac Jones, 500 yards vs. Jax, Philly, 12 men Denver.....  The offense presses because they know the Defence can't be trusted.

7 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

Okay, then I definitely agree.  I think that the Bills need a power runner too, that Cook is not the every down back that can plow through the line.  He is going to be a great player, is maybe there already, but not that kind of back as he is too slight. In fact, I think if the Bills think he is, it will diminish Cook's skill set and get him injured.

Damien Harris now?? Though I have also been calling for more of Murray since the first week of the season and very happy to see Brady using him much much more.

In the draft next year, the Bills will likely get a top tier every down bruising back.  Perfect skill set needed? A Maurice Jone Drew clone, almost unstoppable, great runner, great speed,  great at catching the ball, and great at blocking.  

I'd be excited about a Tahj Brooks or someone in his or Damien Martinez mold.

I think Cook is a piece they paid too high a price for and are too arrogant to face it at the detriment of the team and anyone interested, but the stats trick a lot of people so Beane really doesn't give a hoot. Mission accomplished. 

Edited by 1onemangang7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.