Buffalo / Philly Postgame thread

Simon

McD coached soft at the end of regulation and in OT. Might as well have penciled in the L for the Bills. Joe Brady did have the perfect play called in the OT on 3rd and 7. Darned near bailed Sean out. Gabe or Josh didn’t execute. Still, with 20 seconds and timeouts you have to try to win in regulation with a FG. He played for the coin toss. That part panned out , but you knew if they settled for a FG on their first possession they were cooked as soon as McDs D went on the field. Soft coverage on 3rd and 4 pretty much sealed it. Sean has taken this team as far as his style will allow. Time to move on. 

• Agree 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ralonzo said:

That INT was 100% schemed up by the Eagles coaches. Brilliant call. Josh did exactly what he was coached to do.

Brady's play calling is SIGNIFICANTLY better than Dorsey, but overall it's still the same offense with the same sight-adjustments that get screwed up and which keeps putting 2 and 3 receivers where you can throw a Harbor Freight free-with-coupon tarpaulin over them.

Same offense?  really? 505 yards and 34 points in that weather (with first half garbage officiating)?  Brady also put them in position for at least 17 additional points - he's not responsible for a dropped Cooke TD, 2 missed FG's (both of which were a ton shorter than 59 yards) and a wrong route run by Davis.  If you count a missed obvious horse collar tackle by the officials, then you can add more points.

McDermott finds ways to lose, this is not on the offense

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, ChrisWatson#21 said:

What happened to Kincaid in the second half?  He wasn’t even targeted once.

what happened johnson?....he was killing it.   

then we went back to murry and cook.   

Brady was a lot better than Dorsey but there were things early on that cost us points 

that was Brady.   

• Disagree 1

5 minutes ago, Success said:

Honestly, I'll get downvoted - but I kind of wish this team had moved.

This is too effing much.  Year after year after year.  Sickening.

You told me "cmon man", earlier this thread.

Nor even what to say, here. 

Alot of us are diehard fans, who post here.  But there's a "line" of getting too invested/upset at a tough L.

Too much to be hopeful/thankful for, with this team compared to years past.  Maybe "expectations" are too high, but there's too many good memories (even today), that I'd never want to give up;regardless of outcome.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Comebackkid said:

what happened johnson?....he was killing it.   

then we went back to murry and cook.   

Brady was a lot better than Dorsey but there were things early on that cost us points 

that was Brady.   

Explain how a perfectly schemed wheel route for an easy touchdown to Cooke (dropped) was Brady's fault?  Of two missed FG's.  Players execute those 3 routine plays and we're winning 30-7 at halftime.  I don't even think McChoke and lose that lead??

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Blame whoever you want. My point remains: the offense turned it over on a short field essentially gifting them points 

505 yards offense, 34 points, 420 yards by josh alone and you're focusing on one throw that was a nice play by Bradford? Move on.....find a new target

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

McD coached soft at the end of regulation and in OT. Might as well have penciled in the L for the Bills. Joe Brady did have the perfect play called in the OT on 3rd and 7. Darned near bailed Sean out. Gabe or Josh didn’t execute. Still, with 20 seconds and timeouts you have to try to win in regulation with a FG. He played for the coin toss. That part panned out , but you knew if they settled for a FG on their first possession they were cooked as soon as McDs D went on the field. Soft coverage on 3rd and 4 pretty much sealed it. Sean has taken this team as far as his style will allow. Time to move on. 

I know it’s getting old watching-McDermott lay down at end of games. Peg should tell him that he’s off the job as defensive coordinator for the rest of the year, and if he doesn’t like it, fire him immediately .

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Same offense?  really? 505 yards and 34 points in that weather (with first half garbage officiating)?  Brady also put them in position for at least 17 additional points - he's not responsible for a dropped Cooke TD, 2 missed FG's (both of which were a ton shorter than 59 yards) and a wrong route run by Davis.  If you count a missed obvious horse collar tackle by the officials, then you can add more points.

McDermott finds ways to lose, this is not on the offense

I'm ok with Brady so far, but right now it's not scheme that's moving the offense, it's the generational talent under center. The offense is still fundamentally broken in the pass game until the scramble drill, where it's the most dangerous offense in history. The way they can currently run the ball and the man they have at the trigger, it should be an upset when they do get stopped, like it was in 2020 when the punter was basically baking muffins all game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

505 yards offense, 34 points, 420 yards by josh alone and you're focusing on one throw that was a nice play by Bradford? Move on.....find a new target

Not targeting anything.

Again, if you’d read the entirely of the posts, you’d see that I’m commenting on cherry picking statistics and moments in the game.

it works both ways.

I never blamed or said anything about Allen being a major factor in the loss. No need to be so defensive. 

4x Josh Allen leaves the field with a lead this year where the defense only has to stop a team on one drive to win and a factually McDermott coached defense cannot stop it. This loss is on McDermott and he has a troubling trend of his defenses pooping the bed against good offenses for years now at the end of games. No excuse to lose that game. Dude should be gone Monday. We are wasting Allen. Frazier was a scapegoat. We are coached like the 1980s Browns under Schottenheimer that frequently blew playoff leads. 

Allen cannot do more to win a game. 4 total Td's and over 400 yards today. Dude has the most combined rushing and passing Td's in the league I believe (more than Hurts as Allen had 29 coming into today and Hurts 25) but his team cannot hold a lead.....Bills are making him a Philip Rivers

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

They are Emotionally Unstable per their handle 🤷🏼

Go Bills!!

Just now, BillsFan130 said:

lol watching NBCs halftime show.

Saying the bills game was an “instant classic “.

Have the bills ever been on the right side of these “classic” games lol

We're in a lot of "games of the year."  Still waiting for one where we come out on top.

This doesn't even seem possible.  Philly had almost nothing to play for.  We're fighting for our playoff lives.

Just now, ProcessImproverMan said:

4x Josh Allen leaves the field with a lead this year where the defense only has to stop a team on one drive to win and a factually McDermott coached defense cannot stop it. This loss is on McDermott and he has a troubling trend of his defenses pooping the bed against good offenses for years now at the end of games. No excuse to lose that game. Dude should be gone Monday. We are wasting Allen. Frazier was a scapegoat. We are coached like the 1980s Browns under Schottenheimer that frequently blew playoff leads. 

Allen cannot do more to win a game. 4 total Td's and over 400 yards today. Dude has the most combined rushing and passing Td's in the league I believe (more than Hurts as Allen had 29 coming into today and Hurts 25) but his team cannot hold a lead.....Bills are making him a Philip Rivers

McDermott has to go. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

My bad, 4-1. 10-7 is about a coin flip to get in IMO.

Praying for things to fall your way for the last wild card spot is pathetic though.

McClapper has pooched up virtually EVERY critical game in his tenure!

4-1? 😂 OMG! Are you high man?

1-4 is more likely!

FIRE the Clapper immediately!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Success said:

We're in a lot of "games of the year."  Still waiting for one where we come out on top.

This doesn't even seem possible.  Philly had almost nothing to play for.  We're fighting for our playoff lives.

Ya I honestly can’t remember the last time the bills won a “classic” back and forth kinda game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, ProcessImproverMan said:

I'm kind of like, sure, I'd still like to make the playoffs.

But what are the chances that we can avoid having a small lead we have to protect near the end of the game?  Because if we do, I have almost zero faith we can hold it.  It's like we'll have to win every game by 2 scores.

Just now, DuckyBoys said:

You guys think this team has enough grit to come out next week after this insufferable loss?  How many times they going to watch a W slip between their hands?  McDermott is going to drain this whole team and fan base into the abyss

I expect similar/close games with KC and Dallas.

I think we missed our chance at playoffs this year.  Can't lose to Jets, Pats, Broncos. 

Come wild card weekend, alot of NFL fans (all teams) will be shocked to see Bills out and Steelers/Texans/Colts in (just my prediction).

Dorsey cost this offense, and that's a big unknown if it was all on McD or partially Beane too.

If we somehow beat KC and Dallas, then everything changes. But I don't see that.

I feel like I need to have a grief counselor on retainer in order to watch the Bills this season. Holy god is it soul crushing.

How many times do we need the same song and dance from McDermott when the pressure is on. He’s whatever the opposite of clutch is. You could fire him tonight and I wouldn't blink. I’ve never seen a winning HC beg to be fired so badly as McDermott. Literally the same mistakes week in and week out. 

And the kneel with 20 seconds left!? WHAT?! You’re the coach who lost to 13 seconds. You’ve seen what a confident team can do, and you chicken out.

That in itself should be fireable.

• Like (+1) 3

One other thing. it looked like there was a breeze from right to left on your TV screen all game. Eagles defer, that's fine. Seemed like Bills were against the wind in the second quarter, whatever. They got the ball, Eagles pick which end to defend. Similar for overtime, Bills took the ball, Eagles chose to drive right-to-left with the wind.

In the second half though... how in the world are the Bills not driving from right-to-left in the fourth quarter given the choice of which end to defend, which they HAD to have had in the second half post-deferral? What I saw from the rain in that stadium was definitely slanting right-to-left.

Why did the Eagles have the wind in the second quarter, fourth quarter, AND overtime????

2 minutes ago, ProcessImproverMan said:

“He had a crucial INT though in the 4th!”

(joking)

He was a beast today- this loss is 100 percent on Mcdermott

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

lol watching NBCs halftime show.

Saying the bills game was an “instant classic “.

Have the bills ever been on the right side of these “classic” games lol

I saw that too. and nope.  Last year Minnesota was voted the game of the year.  
So was 13 seconds,  so was Hail Murray and a couple others i choose to forget 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.