Is Elam done for the season?

Maine-iac

I know they threw him in a couple of games and it didn't go great.  More so he wasn't tackling well than coverage problems but if Dane is down, and Rapp, and Taron, and Lewis is always knicked up I know he's not getting pro bowl votes but we seem to be down to slim pickings.

11 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Seeing all the injuries at DB I know Elam was put on IR but is he done for the year or is it one of those IR designations where they can come back and play?  Are we about to see Benford, Douglas, and Norman at CB's?

All IR is 4 weeks now where you can bring a player back. Only caveat is you can only bring back 8 players a season and you can only bring the same player back twice.  The 3rd time he goes on IR he is out for the year.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I think even if he wasn't on IR for the season, he would be done for the season. He is on exile at some remote desert island. 

Kaiir "Poodle" Elam, as you know, has been living in semi-seclusion in Northern Quebec ever since his tragic benching by Sean McDermott.

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, philholbroo said:

would love to see him back this year, and put him in instead of taron when anything but pure zone. Such as the end of Broncos or Giants games.

He has same issue as Jets CB being too handsy (and he got flagged this time shocking me) and in ending of those type of games he could cause a pass interference call which could help those teams win the game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Maine-iac said:

Seeing all the injuries at DB I know Elam was put on IR but is he done for the year or is it one of those IR designations where they can come back and play?  Are we about to see Benford, Douglas, and Norman at CB's?

There was a rule change for the 2020 season where any player who is placed on IR during the regular season is eligible to return.

This year there’s a maximum of 7 IR’d players who may return, and they must be on IR a minimum of 4 games.

So Elam could be designated to return after next week

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

No, his IR was not season-ending. 

No, not a single report has surfaced that it would be a season-ending injury.

Yes, he can come back when the four weeks are up.

And lastly...I would have been on the "his career with the Bills is finished" train, too, but IF -- and that's a big if -- the reports are true that Brandon Beane turned down a 3rd round pick (or any pick, really) for Elam because he's not ready to give up on him, well...maybe he gets one more shot next year.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Logic said:

No, his IR was not season-ending. 

No, not a single report has surfaced that it would be a season-ending injury.

Yes, he can come back when the four weeks are up.

And lastly...I would have been on the "his career with the Bills is finished" train, too, but IF -- and that's a big if -- the reports are true that Brandon Beane turned down a 3rd round pick (or any pick, really) for Elam because he's not ready to give up on him, well...maybe he gets one more shot next year.

…or this year…

• Like (+1) 1

Warning: Gossip from someone who knows nothing about anything

I was golfing with a buddy of mine who is not prone to BS. It was early in the season (around week 2 or 3). My friend is an Uber driver and we were talking about the Bills. He mentioned that he gave an airport ride to someone who was very close to Elam and she stated that he had been dealing with an ankle issue for awhile that severely limited his play. I kept watching him whenever he played, and it seemed like he was having issues making hard cuts and acceleration. Then he was put on IR after it was announced he had an ankle issue after week 8. I know Elam had a rough rookie year, but should he get a Mulligan for this year if the injury was truly hurting his progress ?  It seems the Bills are going to give him another year but it's the NFL so who knows ?

Again. I know nothing but my buddy is a straight shooter and did not make up the ankle injury thing 2 months before Elam went on IR.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Talleywhacker said:

I was golfing with a buddy of mine who is not prone to BS. It was early in the season (around week 2 or 3). My friend is an Uber driver and we were talking about the Bills. He mentioned that he gave an airport ride to someone who was very close to Elam and she stated that he had been dealing with an ankle issue for awhile that severely limited his play. I kept watching him whenever he played, and it seemed like he was having issues making hard cuts and acceleration. Then he was put on IR after it was announced he had an ankle issue after week 8. I know Elam had a rough rookie year, but should he get a Mulligan for this year if the injury was truly hurting his progress ?  It seems the Bills are going to give him another year but it's the NFL so who knows ?

Again. I know nothing but my buddy is a straight shooter and did not make up the ankle injury thing 2 months before Elam went on IR.

Is your buddy's name Don? As in Dunkirk Don?

• Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

OMG Dude!!!!  Laughing so hard I'm crying here!!!!

c0867d3e-5f39-47b9-8863-9a93eb34827f_tex

Fantastic reference!!!

I must also make another entry into the classic lines references from this same actor.... LIKE I CARE! 

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Spiderweb said:

Wasn't the official word that he was shut down due to an ankle injury that wasn't coming around? 

Yes.

2 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Beane said in his post trade deadline press conference that they were thinking of shutting him down for the year over his ankle. If only Elam where a decent pick him and Douglas manning the corners next year would make life without Trey alot easier.

Beane didn't say "for the year".  He said they were thinking of shutting him down and letting it heal up.  Time not specified, that I heard.

1 hour ago, Talleywhacker said:

Corroborating evidence: Beane had said in the post-trade presser that Elam had been dealing with an ankle injury from back in training camp.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

I must also make another entry into the classic lines references from this same actor.... LIKE I CARE! 

I love this movie!!!  I grew up in NT, about 10 minutes from Buffalo Ave. where the missile plant and presidential motorcade scenes were shot.  A friend of mine from Buffalo was working in Indiana when this movie came out.  He went to the movie and was laughing his ass off, but nobody else in the theater was laughing.  The ultimate inside joke movie only for Americans who had been exposed to the Canadian culture and people.  "Anne Murray.  All day, every day."

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I love this movie!!!  I grew up in NT, about 10 minutes from Buffalo Ave. and Hooker Chemical, where the missile plant scenes were shot.  A friend of mine from Buffalo was working in Indiana when this movie came out.  He went to the movie and was laughing his ass off, but nobody else in the theater was laughing.  The ultimate inside joke movie only for Americans who had been exposed to the Canadian culture and people.  "Anne Murray.  All day, every day."

My father was the Project Manager for the Robert Moses Niagara Power Project expansion... he was poisoned by the same crap that companies like Hooker put into the ground- dioxin, carbon tetrachloride, and more. They were one of the defendants in the case he started against them. Needless to say I didn't expect to see that name today... you didn't know though.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.