Browns hosting QB Joe Flacco for workout

BillsFan619

His this dude taken any hard sacks since he’s been back? His renaissance seems like a nice story until suddenly it isn’t and you have a 40 year old man crumpled in a heap on the turf.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Zag20 said:

His this dude taken any hard sacks since he’s been back? His renaissance seems like a nice story until suddenly it isn’t and you have a 40 year old man crumpled in a heap on the turf.

He's a 6'6" 230lbs 38 year old behind a great offensive line. He can probably take it. 

19 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Warner?

Played well as a Cardinal but didn't win the SB. (Lost to PIT)

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Zag20 said:

Yes, he was destroyed in the Jags game I saw. Several big hits. 

12 hours ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

They’re talking on ESPN right now how if somehow Flacco won the Browns a Super Bowl, he should be in the HOF conversation.  What a joke!  I really would like to see this go up in flames for the Browns in the playoffs.

Not for nothing, Flacco is the 2nd greatest playoff QB I've ever seen, behind Brady. 

Edited by Chicken Boo
  • Disagree 1

12 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Not for nothing, Flacco is the 2nd greatest playoff QB I've ever seen, behind Brady. 

Hopefully #3 after JA (hopefully) hoists the Lombardi next month.

Edit:

#4 because Kurt Warner was also incredible.  He might actually be better than Brady in the ppayoffs if you consider the comparison between two QBs and not the teams and coaches behind them.  Brady obviously has sustained success and is the goat, but for one playoff game, I'd have to think hard about not picking Warner

Edited by saundena
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

He's a 6'6" 230lbs 38 year old behind a great offensive line. He can probably take it. 

Played well as a Cardinal but didn't win the SB. (Lost to PIT)

Missed holding call on that pick 6. I was so mad. Wanted Warner and Fitz to get theirs. If ever I had a second favorite team, it was the cards that year. 

52 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

He did have that one magical postseason 10 years ago.

But outside of that one postseason, he has 13 TD’s and 10 INT’s playoffs. 

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

No. Quality of play in his two SB winning playoff runs. My assumption is that he’d have to play that well again for the Browns to win it this year. Combine that with a long, solid career. That would be similar to Eli Manning’s resume and he will get in. 

I get the Eli comp bc of the two Super Bowls, although Eli threw for a lot more TDs and Yards in his career.  After looking at the stats, maybe it’s not THAT crazy to at least have the conversation, but I think the better comps for Flacco from a straight passing stats perspective are guys like McNabb and Bledsoe.  Granted those guys did not win SBs, but I would still put Flacco at a level below Eli because of the aforementioned stats.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Einstein said:

Stats are only part of the story.  If not for Lee Evans and Billy Cundiff, Flacco might already have 2 rings.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

There were a lot of bad takes early in this thread.  

I can’t believe more people didn’t think Flacco, who had one winning record in a season and a td/ int of 80/45 since Turing 30 (not counting this year), wasn’t a great signing!!!! 

to pretend like this should be expected is absolutely crazy. It shows the: the Browns’ coaches have been amazing this year; they have a special defense; and they have had a favorable schedule. 

and for the record, I still think Matt Ryan is better than him!

14 hours ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

I get the Eli comp bc of the two Super Bowls, although Eli threw for a lot more TDs and Yards in his career.  After looking at the stats, maybe it’s not THAT crazy to at least have the conversation, but I think the better comps for Flacco from a straight passing stats perspective are guys like McNabb and Bledsoe.  Granted those guys did not win SBs, but I would still put Flacco at a level below Eli because of the aforementioned stats.

We are deluding the hall of fame. It is for great not good. Has anyone ever considered Flacco a top 10 qb any season of his career (maybe this year haha)? Or Eli? Lots of qbs would have won in their situations (put Rivers on those team and they might have more rings). They are not HOFers.

• Agree 3

On 1/4/2024 at 2:34 PM, FilthyBeast said:

There's next to zero chance this is happening.

And I predict for all the hype around the Browns and Flacco they are one and done in the playoffs going to Houston or Jacksonville. Yes they beat both those teams in recent weeks but the Jaguars game was in Cleveland amid their current free fall with Laurence being hurt and they barely won. Also they won in Houston against Case Keenam with Stroud out. With Stroud back they'll easily beat the Browns at home if that matchup materializes.

Great defenses and great OLs travel better than great passing games, and that's especially true in the playoffs.  It's no accident that the Browns continued to thrive despite losing their starting QB and their world-class RB because their defense and their offensive line are among the best in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, saundena said:

Brady obviously has sustained success and is the goat, but for one playoff game, I'd have to think hard about not picking Warner

James Harrison agrees with you.

23 hours ago, Einstein said:

Speaking of stats, this season Flacco has 8 ints and 4 fumbles in 5 games.

On 11/17/2023 at 9:23 AM, John from Riverside said:

Falco, Falco, Falco

• Awesome! (+1) 1

23 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

There were a lot of bad takes early in this thread.  

I mean, he looked pretty rough the last few years. I’m not surprised he’s playing well, the Browns are stacked and Stefanski is a good coach. But if he had been ineffective, I don’t think anyone would have been surprised 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I mean, he looked pretty rough the last few years. I’m not surprised he’s playing well, the Browns are stacked and Stefanski is a good coach. But if he had been ineffective, I don’t think anyone would have been surprised 

Also this suggestions some major regression is coming:  https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/player-stat/interception-percentage

flacco has a 4% int ratio, which is the worst by far of any starter. But the Browns defense is so good, it hasn’t matter. It’s a great story though 

20 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I can’t believe more people didn’t think Flacco, who had one winning record in a season and a td/ int of 80/45 since Turing 30 (not counting this year), wasn’t a great signing!!!! 

to pretend like this should be expected is absolutely crazy. It shows the: the Browns’ coaches have been amazing this year; they have a special defense; and they have had a favorable schedule. 

and for the record, I still think Matt Ryan is better than him!

We are deluding the hall of fame. It is for great not good. Has anyone ever considered Flacco a top 10 qb any season of his career (maybe this year haha)? Or Eli? Lots of qbs would have won in their situations (put Rivers on those team and they might have more rings). They are not HOFers.

You sure? Defense was not what made Joe have an MVP with a QB rating of 124.2 with 287 yards and 3 touchdowns in his super bowl victory.

44 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

have you seen more than 2?

His ability to remain calm and cool in high pressure situations is all time.

He had New England beat in 2012, only to see his elite clutch play ruined by Evans and Cundiff.  Came back the following year, in New England again, and beat them down worse.  

He achieved something that Peyton and Roethlisberger never could... or any other QB, not named Eli for that matter. 

21 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I didn't mean it as a criticism.  I wasn't expecting a whole lot of Flacco either.  A lot of us were wrong.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/4/2024 at 2:34 PM, FilthyBeast said:

There's next to zero chance this is happening.

And I predict for all the hype around the Browns and Flacco they are one and done in the playoffs going to Houston or Jacksonville. Yes they beat both those teams in recent weeks but the Jaguars game was in Cleveland amid their current free fall with Laurence being hurt and they barely won. Also they won in Houston against Case Keenam with Stroud out. With Stroud back they'll easily beat the Browns at home if that matchup materializes.

Nice call bro 👍

Flacco had to play like that today. It's the law of averages. You either believed he was now all of a sudden the best QB in the NFL or he was due a bad game. Same for Stroud. He is either the best rookie QB in NFL history and better than Patrick Mahomes was early on or he is due a bad game. Or maybe he is!

Is CJ Stroud destined to be the greatest QB of all time?

Ya know... I have a hard time getting back to form on Mondays after a 2 day weekend. My job is behind a desk and nothing like football, I'm 42, he's 56

I can't imagine taking a few years off and coming right back in at 73 years old like he did.

No one expected them to get this far and him to have so much fun doing it. I'm glad he could contribute so much for the community being over 85.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, boyst said:

Ya know... I have a hard time getting back to form on Mondays after a 2 day weekend. My job is behind a desk and nothing like football, I'm 42, he's 56

I can't imagine taking a few years off and coming right back in at 73 years old like he did.

No one expected them to get this far and him to have so much fun doing it. I'm glad he could contribute so much for the community being over 85.

Agreed.  We salute you, Joe Flacco!

image.jpeg.0d969badf527abb3297f31dea31c8729.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, boyst said:

I like he performed better than the multi million exposer.

No-Need-4-Penis-small.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

It was a fun ride. Flacco has always been kind of a surly disagreeable guy, at least publicly, but he seemed to actually be enjoying this last waltz, at least in a Joe Flacco kind of way. A nice ending. Now know when to walk away for good.

He could literally translate his success this season into yet another kick at the can next year. He was better off the couch than a few of the starting Qbs this season!

2 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

He could literally translate his success this season into yet another kick at the can next year. He was better off the couch than a few of the starting Qbs this season!

Jets are calling….

On 1/13/2024 at 10:18 PM, strive_for_five_guy said:

Nice call bro 👍

Thanks man. Still not sure what all these pundits saw in the Browns other than beating up a bunch of bad teams down the stretch. Said all along that they lost to only real team they played during Flacco's stretch (RAMS) and a rematch against the Texans with Stroud back would be a big mismatch for them. Didn't think they'd lose as bad as they did though but wheels came off quickly after the 2nd Flacco pick 6.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.