Josh Allen needs his Phil Jackson…(edited title)

Lenigmusx

53 minutes ago, Lenigmusx said:

The concepts people.. I reformatted for the English teachers on the thread…. The snarkyness is really unnecessary and not comical though. 

Diggs is Jordan… We are not effed. Pippen was a big man distributor 

Josh is a little bit country.

Diggs is a little bit rock-n-roll.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

First I always hate cross sports analogies like this, that said MJ was the greatest of all time. Allen doesn’t need to be Brady to win! He needs be Allen of 2 years ago and have a defense play Pippen and stop someone when they have the lead with less than 2 minutes left. 

For the record - I prefer the Tampa Tom version. The guy that tosses the Lombardi like it’s a jart. 

I'll argue just with the thread title, as it's a little too hard to follow the OP.  

Allen is, in fact, Michael Jordan and not Scotty Pippen.   Allen has transcendent physical skills, just like MJ. 

Allen is Michael Jordan before Phil Jackson.   Jordan thought he was going to win by being the greatest player ever, when in fact he only became the greatest player ever when he had a coach who harnessed his talents in a winning system.  

That is exactly where the Bills are with Allen.  Give Allen an effective offense that he can execute, and the Bills will win like Jordan's Bulls.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

Does this mean Mahomes is Jordan with the Bulls and Allen is Ewing with the Knicks.

I was gonna go with Clyde Drexler. Or maybe Karl Malone. 

7 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Allen is Michael Jordan before Phil Jackson.

But hey, I like this one!

Maybe Joe Brady is Tex Winter.

Or maybe these analogies have run their course.

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Where are you finding all22 of the last 3 years

You really have to dig for snippets when it is going back a ways but I’ve had time…Here is one such snippet from the 2020 Rams game…

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2020/9/30/21494615/all-22-analysis-buffalo-bills-defensive-woes-vs-los-angeles-rams

There are others in small clips here and there if you are specific. To be clear I’m not pouring over game film… I watch the YouTube footage and then find any all 22 analysis and clips of the same game afterwards. I wish there was Huddle footage of NFL games! 

• Lenigmusx changed the title to Josh Allen needs his Phil Jackson…(edited title)
5 hours ago, Lenigmusx said:

The concepts people.. I reformatted for the English teachers on the thread…. The snarkyness is really unnecessary and not comical though. 

Diggs is Jordan… We are not effed. Pippen was a big man distributor 

they have to criticize .   great analysis and realization that Dorsey has eliminated that option and the jet sweeps from this offense handcuffing it.   Plus he called exact same plays and similar points in games made it easy for defenses to know whats coming

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Lenigmusx said:

I’m sitting home with COVID😩 I think it was brought on by Monday night’s debacle. Anyway, I’ve been bingeing all 22’s and game footage of the last 3 years. In watching that tape I realized that Dorsey has stopped using one of Josh’s greatest strengths, the deep middle crossing pattern. Cole Beasley use to provide such a great underneath security blanket that I think it allowed some of these routes and route trees to develop differently.
       Much like Brett Favre, Josh can throw a seam route better than almost anyone in the history of the game. How many seam TD’s or even seam routes have we seen this year? None. Why, I think we don’t have anyone one good enough or designated to be the slot outlet in that Beasley role. Until physically taken away by coverage schemes that abused him because of his small stature Beasley was like the Bills Steve Curr the clutch shooter you could go to when Diggs (The Bills Jordan) wasn’t open.  KC physically took that away in the two playoff games (Gabe Stepped up though in the 13 seconds game). When Daboll left Dorsey abandon that concept.
         Could that player could be Harty or Kincaid?  McKenzie couldn’t handle it he lacked the discipline to mirror Josh. You need a special player with Basketball like instincts in the slot. Someone who mirrors the QB from the slot.  Josh needs this player. I would argue Kelce Swift is this player for Mahomes as “Me Gronk Me catch ball” was this player for Brady. It elevates his entire game and opens up the field. If coupled with under the center Play Action and running game this offense could be indefensible.

Josh is different though at the QB position Mahomes and Brady are point guard QB’s. Josh is more like Scotty Pippen a small forward who distributes… The offense is different when it runs through someone with a unique skill set like his. He will refuse the 5-7 yard gimme initially. However when you have a player in the Beasley role it allows him to come back to it after he exhausts the chunk play option. This safety net mitigates risk and promotes both offensive rhythm and sustained drives. This is the difference between Daboll and Dorsey in a nut shell.
         Josh’s thinks he’s an 11 personnel run and shoot QB. He can be for short periods but he needs his Steve Curr to sustain points when Jordan’s (Diggs is covered) shot is off. If this was coupled with the under center PA run/pass concepts we flashed out of 12 earlier this year this offense could be unstoppable.
         This year the RPO option route trees where the entire world knows the 3 options require super human QB skills that are not sustainable. A couple great examples of the Daboll concept games are Rams v Bills 2020 wk 3 and KC v Bills 2021.  Perhaps the 2021 KC game gave Spags the film to realize he had to physically shutdown Beasley.
        If Joe Brady really does a deep dive I think he can add the deep mid crossers and slot mirror concept back without flipping the playbook or terminology. Another point- I think Gabe stepping up in the 13 seconds game created a false sense that the slot mirror concept was unnecessary. I think Dorsey and Allen thought they could just open things up…apparently that is not the case.
       I just don’t understand why they have been so stubborn and I think this above all else is why Diggs is pissed. He is super smart and knows so he is like Jordan before the triangle worked… but his clock for a championship is ticking. I would be pissed too if I knew there was an easy button but no one acknowledged it…

(*****Post Now Ribbed for more pleasure…)😂

Kincaid is literally that player

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 11/16/2023 at 8:09 AM, Lenigmusx said:

Dude.. I’m struggling with COVID… read the concepts…

I get it but there are those here that think proper English lessons are so much more relevant & exciting when reading about football !! 🙄 WHAT EVER ...

All these folks must have really loved the interviews with the likes of Leodis McKelvin ! I would have loved to been a fly on the wall and watch them as he spoke to the media for a interview 😂 !!

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/16/2023 at 6:44 AM, BlazinBill said:

No he's not- Diggs acts and states he's a leader but all he does is chirp when things aren't perfect -typical pre-madona wr- 

Don't get me wrong he can be a game changer but comparing anyone to MJ is just silly - dude was a straight legend that liked to play against the best talent and constantly rose to the challenges- His Flu game will forever be my favorite 

Is your reference to Diggs in the biblical or pop culture sense? I’m not sure that I have a good handle on the era…

20 hours ago, extrahammer said:

I thought McD would evolve from a DC into a pure philosophical head coach like Phil Jackson, but I don't think he will based on this year. 

He's actually gone in the opposite direction as he took over the defense and has extensively meddled in the offense.  This probably comes form his take away of the "13 seconds" fiasco in KC.  If must think that if only he ran everything the Bills would have won that game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.