DORSEY FIRED, Joe Brady Interim OC

Process

4 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Both Brady and Dorsey are Carolina alumni, both were fired in Carolina, both elevated internally in Buffalo (with Brady acting). To me that's got McD's hands all over it and confirms that the time before his inevitable departure will be wasted. Only question now is how long imo.

Joe Brady never worked with McDermott in Carolina. McDermott and Beane’s tie to Carolina was the Ron Rivera regime, not Matt Rhule. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

He was an English explorer who famously led an expedition to Antarctica in 1914.  The weather turned cold earlier than expected and their ship was crushed by pack ice.  They had no way to return home or call for help and lived for months on ice floes and, later, a frozen little island with no provisions.  Thanks to Shackleton's leadership, the crew survived for roughly a year before Shackleton managed to get them rescued.  The details of the story are remarkable.  Not only did Shackleton keep his crew alive in near-impossible conditions, he also kept their spirits high and maintained a harmonious atmosphere despite the fact that any reasonable person in that situation would have thought death was their probable fate.  

Wow, what a story!!  That's very impressive.  And very impressive that you know about it.

2 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

This is conjecture and completely unrelated to the original comment from McDermott.

Maybe it’s true(I doubt it) but how you arrived there doesn’t make sense. 

There were multiple articles and interviews with Josh on his choice to replace Daboll. Here's one.

https://heavy-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/heavy.com/sports/buffalo-bills/josh-allen-ken-dorsey-offensive-coordinator/amp/?amp_gsa=1&amp_js_v=a9&usqp=mq331AQIUAKwASCAAgM%3D#amp_ct=1700008525408&amp_tf=From %1%24s&aoh=17000084480355&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fheavy.com%2Fsports%2Fbuffalo-bills%2Fjosh-allen-ken-dorsey-offensive-coordinator%2Famp%2F%23amp_ct%3D1700008525408%26amp_tf%3DFrom%20%251%24s%26aoh%3D17000084480355%26referrer%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com

Josh wanted Dorsey as he was comfortable with him. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BillMafia716ix said:

They not going to fire him. He’s had 4 straight double digit win seasons. 3 division titles in 4 years. Too much success to just throw down the drain because of one bad season. He’s definitely going to get his opportunity to right the ship. Getting rid of Dorsey was the right move. Now Joe Brady will have 7 games to audition for the job. If they find success…he’ll keep the job. If not, they will hire an experienced OC. 

If I'm Terry "I" interview and hire the next OC or have an advisor do it...not McDermott. 

McDermott will hire someone non threatening, I want the best hire that can right Allen and the offensive side of the ball.  If he csn replace McDermott then so be it.

I also tell Sean, keep your damn hands off that side of the ball.  Also, hire a DC and let him run his own defense, not your big nickle.  You want to be the HC then thats your job

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

What what?  You think it's a coincidence that McD appointed a first time ever OC from within, with no experience or success in the league?  He wants to be able to control.  

We're replacing one stooge with another; not much gonna change.

He was a logical pick.  Lots of great offenses appoint the QB coach once the OC gets poached for a head coaching job.  

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Arkady Renko said:

He was a logical pick.  Lots of great offenses appoint the QB coach once the OC gets poached for a head coaching job.  

It was a non threatening pick that Sean could tell what to do and the OC do it because it's his 1st gig.

See my above post, I take that away from Sean.  

3 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

If I'm Terry "I" interview and hire the next OC or have an advisor do it...not McDermott. 

McDermott will hire someone non threatening, I want the best hire that can right Allen and the offensive side of the ball.  If he csn replace McDermott then so be it.

I also tell Sean, keep your damn hands off that side of the ball.  Also, hire a DC and let him run his own defense, not your big nickle.  You want to be the HC then thats your job

Terry don’t know ***** about ball. He put McDermott in charge of all football related things. Terry just the guy with the check book. When they hired McDermott he was one leading the GM search. Sean is the one calling all the shots for the organization 

7 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Beane is a big problem, be we can't say that about st. Beane.  

Overall I still think Beane is a descent GM, but ya IMO I think he’s a bit overrated overall.

I think his biggest whiffs are on the defensive line. How many wasted picks/resources.

And going in with Gabe as WR2.

O line was a problem in previous years. Its probably average now

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Beane is a big problem, be we can't say that about st. Beane.  

I think the biggest problem lies in people feeling McDermott gets some lifetime pass for our drought exit.  And Beane gets a lifetime pass for selecting Josh.  But outside of these 2 actions, these 2 guys have struggled quite a bit.  Beane with several failed picks and McD with several failed coaching decisions. I still want McD gone first and give Beane one final year to turn things around with a heavy 2024 offensive draft.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Seventeen said:

Back to your subject - on whom did Josh's questionable decisions leave an impression ? 

I would hope everyone watching, but I’m not in control of that. I’m not a Josh hater by ANY means, but we rarely seem in synch these days. There are a lot of factors involved, many we know nothing about. 

Just now, Low Positive said:

I saw that too. 

The interconnection between schools and teams should be questioned... since results are falling off, loyalty must fall by the wayside because in the end the NFL is a results driven business. I am very concerned that McDermott is not drawing from talent but from familiar connections.

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

I would hope everyone watching, but I’m not in control of that. I’m not a Josh hater by ANY means, but we rarely seem in synch these days. There are a lot of factors involved, many we know nothing about. 

The obvious question McD should have asked himself before canning Dorsey was what is the difference between the offense in weeks 2-4 and the last few weeks. 

Was it Dorsey's fault or poor execution on the field of a sound game plan ? 

And you're right, there are likely factors both on and off the field that we'll never know about.

2 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

The obvious question McD should have asked himself before canning Dorsey was what is the difference between the offense in weeks 2-4 and the last few weeks. 

Was it Dorsey's fault or poor execution on the field of a sound game plan ? 

And you're right, there are likely factors both on and off the field that we'll never know about.

McDermott knows what the difference is between weeks 2-4, and the no rythm offense since then.  

37 minutes ago, Peter said:

As some of you know, I have defended Ken Dorsey . . . and for good reason.

Dorsey Did Not Deserve to Get Fired

Yes, I know. I am a salmon swimming upstream with many of you guys and the whingers on WGR.

McCoach decided to throw Dorsey to the lions to deflect from his own issues (as has been his habit since arriving).

I have a feeling McCoach is going to be eaten by the same lions. What goes around, comes around.

The offense has been bad since like week 4 dude. It was rough a decent amount last year too. Josh looks like a worse QB than he was two years ago.

That’s gonna get an OC fired 10/10 times.  The advanced analytics are garbage and pumped up by late game heroics and kicking around tomato can teams.

Edited by FireChans
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Chaos said:

McDermott knows what the difference is between weeks 2-4, and the no rythm offense since then.  

It's a mystery to me then as to why Dorsey would change what was working. 

In my mind, any momentum gained in the Fins game was lost next day Tre was confirmed lost, the Bills arrived in London too late the next week, and losing Milano in that game. 

44 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Their rookie Rashee Rice makes more plays than Davis this year 

Hard to make plays when your qb throws it to the guy covering you. Cincy game. 

44 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

It doesn't matter. Mahomes has Andy Reid.

If your qb keeps making boneheaded decisions it really doesn’t matter who’s calling the plays. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, 90sBills said:

Mahomes or Burrow would have this team at 8-2 right now. They wouldn’t make the mistakes Allen is making this year. 

Mahomes has played bad all season and is only 7-2 because of their defense.  Burrow played so bad they are 5-4 with way better talent than we have.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Scott7975 said:

Mahomes has played bad all season and is only 7-2 because of their defense.  Burrow played so bad they are 5-4 with way better talent than we have.

Sure keep thinking that about the Mahomes as he further distances himself from Allen on the accomplishment scale. Notice people in the media have stopped comparing them.

As for Burrow… I’ve always thought Allen is better but now I’m not so sure. You can’t play like a rookie in your 6th year and expect to be ‘elite’. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

https://twitter.com/danorlovsky7/status/1724488266890534965?s=61&t=mvFwLU5P2NuqNnOmVpYtwg

edit- can someone tell me how to embed tweets now?

i tried changing the link to Twitter.com then hitting enter with my cursor at the end of the link. What am I doing wrong?

it used to work here when Twitter first changed to x.com. But now it doesn’t. 

I dunno how to fix that for you but here it is embedded

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

Hard to make plays when your qb throws it to the guy covering you. Cincy game. 

If your qb keeps making boneheaded decisions it really doesn’t matter who’s calling the plays. 

That's what a real OC does, figure it out and scheme to a Q 's strength.  Dorsey must have figured shotgun draws and long passes on 3rd and 1 would save the day.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Again, you’re making a leap of logic. Comfortable isn’t the same as “afraid to reprimand” like the other poster was suggesting. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

That's what a real OC does, figure it out and scheme to a Q 's strength.  Dorsey must have figured shotgun draws and long passes on 3rd and 1 would save the day.

Dorsey has his limitations no doubt. I was watching the game through Manning cast last night and time and again Peyton and Eli were saying ‘why wouldn’t Josh take the underneath stuffs’. They were available to him. Peyton yelled ‘no!’ when Allen made that pass to Harty before it was even intercepted. Those decisions were not on the OC regardless of who it is. 

Edited by 90sBills
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

Sure keep thinking that about the Mahomes as he further distances himself from Allen on the accomplishment scale. Notice people in the media have stopped comparing them.

As for Burrow… I’ve always thought Allen is better but now I’m not so sure. You can’t play like a rookie in your 6th year and expect to be ‘elite’. 

Have you actually watched any of the games?  I'm not saying Allen is better than Mahomes.  I'm saying what you said is pure nonsense.  How is Burrow having this team at 8-2 when he has a better offense and is 5-4 right now?  Mahomes has also had a down season just like Allen is having.  Watch the games, not past results.

• Like (+1) 5

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.