DORSEY FIRED, Joe Brady Interim OC

Process

5 hours ago, boyst said:

Yeah, all that's true but Denver is a terrible football team that we couldn't get off the field.

What you mean is the Bills couldn't stay on the field.  Denver punted 5 times.  They only had two real drives the entire game.  They scored 6 points off 4 turnovers. They started with the ball in Bills territory 6 times. They were held to 15 points until the 4th qtr.

You want to blame the defense because they couldn't close out the last drive thats fine, but this game loss was entirely on the offense not being able to move the football or turning it over when they did.  This team would not have been in it for the entire game if not for the job the defense did.  It would have gotten embarrassingly smoked.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, stevestojan said:

46 pages deep. Can I assume:

1) since every other post in the GDTs as of late have been “FIRE DORSEY” that 50% at least are happy with this move; and 

2) since mcclappy mc*****face was the one responsible for last nights debacle, the other 50ish% want him gone instead or along with Dorsey?

decent summary? Or did I miss something? 

I’m more curious to watch this week with Brady calling the plays, but I’m only half satisfied with the Dorsey firing. It’s now especially clear that McDermott needs to go too after last nights special teams debacle. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

The anti-Josh posting on here is mind-boggling isn't it?

McDermott, Beane, the whole lot would have already been fired if it wasn't for Allen.  Imagine the last few seasons if they had Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold or Josh Rosen. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

I’m more curious to watch this week with Brady calling the plays, but I’m only half satisfied with the Dorsey firing. It’s now especially clear that McDermott needs to go too after last nights special teams debacle. 

Fire everyone.  Interim coaches all around.  That'll do it ;)

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

There is. Dorsey was Josh's pick for OC. They had a buddy to buddy relationship and not a mentor relationship he had with Daboll. Josh has played like crap. Is it him or the scheme. Now that the year is shot, time to find out.

Not sure why folks think the year is shot ?  10-7 should get them in - Miami got in last year @ 9-8. This team is still the team that blew out the Raiders, Commanders & Dolphins minus a little confidence. That team can beat anyone in the league and we've lost 5 games by a grand total of 23 points. 

Hopefully Brady can get the offense back to that mindset and the Bills go on a roll. 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

Not sure why folks think the year is shot ?  10-7 should get them in - Miami got in last year @ 9-8. This team is still the team that blew out the Raiders, Commanders & Dolphins minus a little confidence. That team can beat anyone in the league and we've lost 5 games by a grand total of 23 points. 

Hopefully Brady can get the offense back to that mindset and the Bills go on a roll. 

Those games were before the injuries on defense.

5 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Idk if I’m just seeing things, but has Josh lost all his emotion? I rarely see it at all anymore. He always has the same blank expression on his face now. 

He is under a ton of pressure to perform and isnt getting the job done.  They just need to get back to playing football and get rid of treating it like a business front they put on at the beginning of the season.

McDermott seemed to have a quiet confidence in his pc today regarding the offense and Brady taking over. My thoughts are this - if the offense looks no better over the next few weeks and looks like the same crap we've seen the last 4 or 5 weeks, McDermotts seat is gonna be boiling 

Edited by Steptide
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hsker4life said:

And when players continuously fail to execute, you need to examine the people in charge of teaching them how to execute.

OK, listen, I’m all for Pegula dumping McD in January unless he somehow miraculously turns this team around this year, and they go to the SB……BUT, these are NFL players, the best football players ON THE PLANET. They’re not Little Loopers, or high schoolers. Other than pro level complicated schemes, plays, and coverages, they should NOT need a lot of coaching for basic skills such as tackling, route running, covering kicks, blocking, and catching passes. Please get real.

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, 34-30 said:

He's not a generational talent.  A generational talent wears #15 and plays in KC.  He's just a very talented kid with major holes in his game. Nothing wrong with that. He's one of the most talented QB's in the league. The problem is we're starting to see major holes in his makeup as well.  He's not handling adversity all to well.

I got a lot of crap for saying this very same thing this offseason. But I still thought he’s #2 behind Mahomes. Now I’m not so sure. He’s not driven to be better. Burrow has established that he’s #2. Allen might be out of the top 3 qb’s conversation by the end of the season if he keeps playing like this. 

1 hour ago, cgg716 said:

But when a team is built exactly how the coach wants it, character over talent, quickness over size, 18 defensive lineman. This team is a reflection of its coach, and his old, tired, philosophy 

I was specifically addressing a post by somebody that said the Special Teams coach should have been fired today. I agree with you re McD and the “Big Picture” of the team. 😉

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

No, it’s not.  Add Milano, Daquan, Tre, Hyde and Benford. 

But I’m with you.  I don’t think the year is shot.  I believe we can and will likely make the playoffs.  We needed a big shakeup though.  Dunno if this will fix us for certain but i do believe the season was likely over if we had kept Dorsey.  

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

I got a lot of crap for saying this very same thing this offseason. But I still thought he’s #2 behind Mahomes. Now I’m not so sure. He’s not driven to be better. Burrow has established that he’s #2. Allen might be out of the top 3 qb’s conversation by the end of the season if he keeps playing like this. 

Is that Allen's fault or the comparable lack of weapons around him ? How would Mahomes or Burrow be doing with our offense ? 

6 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

I think people just find the notion that this Bills team -- which has looked uniformly good in probably two games out of ten this season -- is suddenly going to pull such a 180 that they are able to go 5-2 in a stretch that includes road games against the Chiefs, Eagles, Chargers, and Dolphins, and home games against the Jets and Pats (who already beat the Bills) and Dallas (who looks legit).

I'm an eternal optimist, and even I look at the remaining schedule, the way the team has played this year, and think to myself: If they go 5-2 the rest of the way and make the playoffs, it will be an absolute miracle.

Besides, how often has a midseason offensive coordinator change been the type of spark for a team that ignites such a notable turnaround in fortunes?

Personally, I see 8-9 or 9-8 and a bitterly divided and depressed Bills fan base when Pegula announces McDermott will remain head coach in 2024. I can only hope that he brings an a really high quality OC if that happens, otherwise my excitement for next year will be completely shot. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

No, it’s not.  Add Milano, Daquan, Tre, Hyde and Benford. 

But I’m with you.  I don’t think the year is shot.  I believe we can and will likely make the playoffs.  We needed a big shakeup though.  Dunno if this will fix us for certain but i do believe the season was likely over if we had kept Dorsey.  

Injuries all on 'D' - if the offense had held up their part of the bargain, some of the games would have gone to us. 

18 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I agree...I think it still goes back to McD trying to do too much with the DC role and now it's effecting his ability to manage other areas and those are degrading in his absence.

If there is a formula that got us close that is the one. McD overseeing operations as a HC.

Still, this team has really struggled with the very things he preaches: fundamentals and discipline.

He has the rest of the season to prove he has not lost the locker room.

I am not expecting a miraculous turn-around, but even trending back in the right direction and maybe hiring a DC would salvage some good out of what I think is left of this season.

And we will draft a bit higher.

Hate to go that route, but been following this team for nearly 40 years and that is where I am when I am thinking about probabilities.

2 hours ago, BeastMaster said:

Put Mahomes in Buffalo with McDermott and Josh in KC with Reid and you would be saying Josh is the guy and Mahomes is the one with holes in his game.

Coaching matters, and this staff has screwed Josh up...BADLY

Coaching matters alot. Players matters more. Take a look at Belicheck and Brady.

Being in KC isn’t going to suddenly make Allen more driven and work harder at his game. Likewise, being in Buffalo would not turn Mahomes from a driven individual striving to be the best of all time to someone that can’t figure out defenses in his 6th season. Those traits are innate to each individual. 

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Anything to not put the blame on the guy with the ball in his hands that botched the play. I'm looking forward to seeing you in the next gymnastics world championships.

Im not saying there is no blame on Allen, I am saying that Dorsey and his system have failed to put the best version of Allen on the field.  His offensive play design sucks...there are a TON of real players and analysts out there who have shown substantial amount of poor play design on the All-22 footage the past season and a half under Dorsey.  His play calling sucks.  His use of personnel sucks.  His consistency sucks, and by intention from Dorsey's own mouth.  

Dorsey Sucks.  Does that mean Allen has been perfect or that its all only Dorsey...no of course not.  But the offense starts with Dorsey, coaching matters.  Look at what a difference the Raiders saw in firing everyone 2 weeks ago...look at the energy of the players, the vibe they have now, 2 wins in a row since dumping that loser McDaniels.  

For whatever reason, Dorsey was not capable of building a rhythm and identity with this team.  Daboll wasn't perfect, made his own share of bone head calls...but at least under Daboll the team had an identity and played with energy and fire.  This team has lacked that 100% under Dorsey.

So hate on Allen all you want, but I for one am glad that Dorsey is gone and I do not think he was the right coach for Allen and this offense.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

Is that Allen's fault or the comparable lack of weapons around him ? How would Mahomes or Burrow be doing with our offense ? 

Mahomes or Burrow would have this team at 8-2 right now. They wouldn’t make the mistakes Allen is making this year. 

• Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

I am surprised it happened before the end of the season but it is looking like a clown show now. McDermott has to find an OC that can get Josh and cast rolling again. 

It is good to get the message out now that the Bills need that OC. I think people will find that performance comical.  

All McDermott needs to do is find the offensive version of himself. I think he had that some in Daboll and he got scooped up but they should of been on the lookout for the next guy long before they fired Dorsey. 

5 hours ago, Roundybout said:

It improved but they also swapped to Baker Mayfield 

All I know is that I am personally DONE with the Carolina Connection BS we have been subjected to since McDipcrap has arrived.   I hope that there are no further Carolina retreads funneled into OBD.

It has been painful. 

1 hour ago, Green Lightning said:

If Beane stays perhaps he may learn that OLs are important and that 10 crap Jags is less than 5 quality players.

Yeah that's my point, if he doesn't then he will quickly be hitting the ol dusty trail....He would have a much shorter leash to work with. That's my guess anyways....

12 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

Injuries all on 'D' - if the offense had held up their part of the bargain, some of the games would have gone to us. 

Right…..but the D was very good when healthy.  Borderline elite defense. Everything would be different this season if those guys wouldn’t have gotten hurt.  Dorsey would still be the OC too.  Believe that 

Just now, Solomon Grundy said:

When will McDermott take ANY ACCOUNTABILITY for anything??

I haven’t gotten myself up to listen to to either of his PCs since the game.  Was it that bad?  Should I watch or skip it?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Right…..but the D was very good when healthy.  Borderline elite defense. Everything would be different this season if those guys wouldn’t have gotten hurt.  Dorsey would still be the OC too.  Believe that 

I haven’t gotten myself up to listen to to either of his PCs since the game.  Was it that bad?  Should I watch or skip it?

Don't raise your blood pressure 😎

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

Both Mahomes & Burrow have alternatives - Josh has Diggs. 

Mahomes has no alternatives, and Cincy's WR setup is unheard of anywhere else around the league, and will soon be over as soon as they have to pay Higgins.

They have top notch Offensive coaching that schemes guys open and innovates new plays. Biggest difference.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.