Motor doing his thang!!

BillMafia716ix

Happy for Motor. 30 touches and 150yards vs. Cincy today. Thought the Bills didn’t view him as an every down back?? Still upset the Bills shut him down towards the end of last season to play James Cook. Great job today Motor!! A Rookie QB and a ex Bills RB went into Cincy and did what the Bills couldn’t. Embarrassing

• Like (+1) 16
  • Agree 9
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Definitely not blocking

Just now, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Running the football.

Singletary 209 yards, 3.4 ypc

Cook : 506 yards, 4.7 ypc

SingleCarry was a good back for BUF and the Bills had to let him walk. What they didn’t have to do was draft his recplacemeng in the 2nd round…especially when he isn’t a 3 down threat because his ability in pass pro is so limited (for a team that wants to sling the rock) 

I like Cook at a player, just not as an investment. He isn’t moving the needle for this team as much as you would hope. 

P.S. YPC is a dangerous statistic!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

SingleCarry was a good back for BUF and the Bills had to let him walk. What they didn’t have to do was draft his recplacemeng in the 2nd round…especially when he isn’t a 3 down threat because his ability in pass pro is so limited (for a team that wants to sling the rock) 

I like Cook at a player, just not as an investment. He isn’t moving the needle for this team as much as you would hope. 

I always liked singletary.  But he is not a better RB than Cook and he is not a "great" RB as some are stating here.  I don't disagree about drafting a RB in the 2nd round though.

2 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Seriously with this stuff?  He has had one good game since leaving.  Prior to this week he was averaging 26 yards a game and 3.4 ypc.

That's .4 yards more per carry than the starter who averages 3 yards per carry. But don't let the facts get in the way.

Perhaps it's a little concerning that a guy can do what he's never done in 61 games with us, not even close, with a first year everything in game 9. 

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

I always liked singletary.  But he is not a better RB than Cook and he is not a "great" RB as some are stating here.  I don't disagree about drafting a RB in the 2nd round though.

You literally have no basis whatsoever to say Cook is better.  Not that I have a ton of data to suggest motor is better, but I'm not saying that he is. They're all replacement level players. It's more disturbing that our replacement level guy could blow up like this along with another former replacement level guy. It speaks to bigger issues with the offense (like usual).

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

That's .4 yards more per carry than the starter who averages 3 yards per carry. But don't let the facts get in the way.

Perhaps it's a little concerning that a guy can do what he's never done in 61 games with us, not even close, with a first year everything in game 9. 

It’s also 1.3 ypc less than Cook this season.  Singletary had his best game as a pro. Good for him. He has proven to be an average RB throughout his career. But if you want to crown him due to one game, go for it. 

This was his first start for houston I believe so that is pretty impressive for a "slow back" and against cinci out of all teams. I still think the bills don't need a run game though just effective short passing , with the occasional run 

Edited by motorj

Just now, Mikie2times said:

You're not bright. Look at Singletary's YPC when he was here. As if it means anything anyway. 

OK smart guy. 
Cook’s ypc while with Bills : 5.1

Singletary’s  ypc while with the Bills : 4.7

Singletary is a fine RB. To claim he is better than Cook is an interesting take. But what do I know? I’m apparently not bright. 

Just now, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

OK smart guy. 
Cook’s ypc while with Bills : 5.1

Singletary’s  ypc while with the Bills : 4.7

Singletary is a fine RB. To claim he is better than Cook is an interesting take. But what do I know? I’m apparently not bright. 

I never said he was better. I said all of them are replacement level. 

28 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Running the football. (Through week 9)

Singletary 209 yards, 3.4 ypc

Cook : 506 yards, 4.7 ypc

Kind of cherry picking.  Singletary has a whole career of averaging well over 4 yard per carry.  Not surprising a team gives him some carries and he responds.   I don't think he's better than Cooks (unless we are talking about pass blocking) but they are both capable backs.  Now if we would just give a back on our roster some carries.

1 minute ago, Maine-iac said:

Kind of cherry picking.  Singletary has a whole career of averaging well over 4 yard per carry.  Not surprising a team gives him some carries and he responds.   I don't think he's better than Cooks (unless we are talking about pass blocking) but they are both capable backs.  Now if we would just give a back on our roster some carries.

Fair enough. I never disliked Singletary. My issue is with the fans that use his one good game this season to trash the Bills for some reason. 

1 minute ago, Ya Digg? said:

So then what’s your point? Did you want the Bills to keep him? Which would’ve meant paying millions for a “replacement level” player 

This was the response I had in the thread.

image.thumb.png.b347572e0c3fa5706ebb498d235a08f0.png

I couldn't help myself when somebody decided to say Cook was better. When no human on the planet could possibly make such a claim and have it hold any degree of validity. I only kept responding when I saw the use of basic statistics and logic being hacked in attempt to prove a point that isn't capable of being proven. 

Singletary (or Cooks for that matter) could probably do anything Ekeler does out in LA and I feel like he's a decent back.  I can't remember the last time we came out and just ran the ball at teams.  Maybe Chicago last year or the Raiders this year, either way we just don't do it.  I don't believe it's that we can't.  I just think we don't and I feel like it would make life much easier for every part of our passing game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, BillMafia716ix said:

Happy for Motor. 30 touches and 150yards vs. Cincy today. Thought the Bills didn’t view him as an every down back?? Still upset the Bills shut him down towards the end of last season to play James Cook. Great job today Motor!! A Rookie QB and a ex Bills RB went into Cincy and did what the Bills couldn’t. Impressive

FIFY

Edited by Slack_in_MA

1 hour ago, Xwnyer said:

they aren't afraid to throw the ball down field. Top offense in doing that.  Motor was way under rated in Buffalo.  Cook and Hines were brought in to add that dynamic pass catching RB that the dunce of an OC doesn't know how to scheme to.

To be fair to Dorsey, the Bills also refused to throw to running backs under Daboll.   

Pretty much from his first season here, Beane has been bringing in pass catching running backs only to have them inactive or restricted to special teams on game day 

1 hour ago, Doc said:

He was averaging 8 carries/game and 3.4 YPC prior to today.  It will be interesting to see if they run him as much in the future as they did today.

Keep in mind though he hasn't had more than 13 carries and this is only his second start.  

It will be interesting.  

1 hour ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Cook isn't a 3-down RB.  Never will be.  

Singletary can be.  

6 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Keep in mind though he hasn't had more than 13 carries and this is only his second start.  

It will be interesting.  

Cook isn't a 3-down RB.  Never will be.  

Singletary can be.  

Would you want to be paying Singletary $2.75m ?

22 minutes ago, Billy Claude said:

To be fair to Dorsey, the Bills also refused to throw to running backs under Daboll.   

Pretty much from his first season here, Beane has been bringing in pass catching running backs only to have them inactive or restricted to special teams on game day 

Besides running Cooks seems like he could add so much catching passes if Allen (or Dorsey take your pick) would just throw him the ball more.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Mikie2times said:

You literally have no basis whatsoever to say Cook is better.  Not that I have a ton of data to suggest motor is better, but I'm not saying that he is. They're all replacement level players. It's more disturbing that our replacement level guy could blow up like this along with another former replacement level guy. It speaks to bigger issues with the offense (like usual).

They’re both pretty good players. The Bills used up 4 years of a running back and let him move on, which all smart teams do. Cook is pretty good too. It’s all fine. Motor was terrific today, and I was quite happy for him. He seems like a good team player and a good person.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Agree 3

39 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Singletary (or Cooks for that matter) could probably do anything Ekeler does out in LA and I feel like he's a decent back.  I can't remember the last time we came out and just ran the ball at teams.  Maybe Chicago last year or the Raiders this year, either way we just don't do it.  I don't believe it's that we can't.  I just think we don't and I feel like it would make life much easier for every part of our passing game.

We have one of the most uncreative run schemes in the league. Dorsey just expects everybody to line up and beat their man, no wrinkles or clever motions thrown in to create advantages. In fact there were a couple plays against the Bengals where the pre-snap design of the run play created a disadvantage. And then when those plays predictably fail we completely shut down the run game. So defenses don't respect our run game even a little bit which means our pass offense is left at a disadvantage. Everything works together to create one big failure. Uncomplementaty football as it were.

To be fair this isn't just a Dorsey problem. Daboll had the same problem. Which means ultimately it's a McDermott problem.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.