TNF: Carolina at Chicago

chongli

10 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

Cards holding that pick, I dont think they give it up. This game really does not matter because Bears own Panthers 1st. 

Cards play the Bears later this year so a Bears loss could setup the Tank Bowl in December.

39 minutes ago, zow2 said:

You can’t evaluate Frank Reich this season.  He has to play this QB and he’s not really ready. 

On the Carolina forum they are calling for him to be fired. Some say he won't make it past this weekend. Great QB but horrible coach. Not sure how he beat Buffalo a few years ago.

Edited by chongli

I unfortunately watched some of this game. Bad football all around. Bears remind me of drought Bills. Panthers somehow worse than drought Bills. Just bad bad football. Frank Reich looks like he's averaging two packs of Marlboro 100s per day. I feel bad for DJ Moore.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, CNYfan said:

Unless he was intricately involved in the move up to draft that QB.

Which he most definitely was. Reich has been coasting on the “resurgence” of Andrew Luck who was just healthy for a year. Love the guy, but he shouldn’t be a HC or in charge of picking QBs

He knew Wentz better than anyone and traded a 1st for him. And now after giving up a huge haul, he has Young who has looked nothing like an elite NFL QB. I’ve yet to even see him flash. Compared to Stroud and Richardson, you can see that talent popping up. Young? Not so much 

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Wow. The ravens really don’t want to win at all. Understandable. 

Well, that % chance of the playoffs just took a decent hit. 

How did this post end up on a TNF thread in November lol?

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Wow. The ravens really don’t want to win at all. Understandable. 

Well, that % chance of the playoffs just took a decent hit. 

I was going to ask how you ended up posting about the Stillers/Ravens in a 2 month old Carolina/Chicago Thursday night game thread.

Then I remembered you have a pregnant wife and it all became clear. :lol:

The Bills playoffs hinge on Sunday Night at 8:00; nothing else matters, imo.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

WTF did I do? 

oh well. Carry on. 

apologies. 😂

If this is your first baby, please be aware that your IQ is currently in the process of dropping by 50+ points and you are going to be a borderline drooling syphillitic idiot for the next 6-12 months. It's bizarre and inexplicable but it is real.

Don't worry, it fades eventually. Good luck!

• Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Simon said:

If this is your first baby, please be aware that your IQ is currently in the process of dropping by 50+ points and you are going to be a borderline drooling syphillitic idiot for the next 6-12 months. It's bizarre and inexplicable but it is real.

Don't worry, it fades eventually. Good luck!

Thanks Simon! It is our first and just found out yesterday that we’ll be doing a planned c-section on Wednesday morning. My brain is mush. But I heard babies sleep a lot - like 12-16 hours a day! - so I’m looking forward to all the naps and solid full nights of restful sleep.  

Wait - those hours are consecutive? *****. 

Edit: and “drooling idiot” I can understand. But the syphilis piece was supposed to be between you and me. 

Edited by stevestojan
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, stevestojan said:

Thanks Simon! It is our first and just found out yesterday that we’ll be doing a planned c-section on Wednesday morning. My brain is mush. But I heard babies sleep a lot - like 12-16 hours a day! - so I’m looking forward to all the naps and solid full nights of restful sleep.  

Wait - those hours are consecutive? *****. 

Always remember that it gets a little easier every day, even when it doesn't seem like it. 🤙

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.