Bills vs Broncos-Monday Night Football

BuffaloBillyG

4 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Oh brother, we are bashing a player for talking about goals that were put into his contract? 🤦🏻 I’m 100% sure Ed wants to win, he wants that 500k too! Whats the point of incentives if you can’t reach for them? 

The arrival of Kincaid like Thor in Endgame will help, hopefully Shakir keeps it up. Allen seems to be gaining confidence in those guys. Healthy Dawson Knox is significantly better than what we saw this year. 

We live in such a weird world-everyone on here is allowed to talk about the money these players make. However, because it’s so much money the players get criticized any time they talk about money, as if it’s supposed to be this taboo thing now that they have it 

• Agree 1

47 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

We live in such a weird world-everyone on here is allowed to talk about the money these players make. However, because it’s so much money the players get criticized any time they talk about money, as if it’s supposed to be this taboo thing now that they have it 

If my work was going to give me a nice sum of money for achieving a goal I’d be doing my damndest to reach it.  People are funny 

• Agree 2

I'm convinced that after watching todays games of opponents that we can't seem to beat or have lost to this season, that the Bills on (offense) are lacking that we've got nothing to lose swagger, or playing and having fun swagger. O'Connell beat the jets, Stroud beat the "mighty" bangles all while buffalo can't get out of their own way. 

I know this mean nothing since it's based off of my own feelings but whatever, who else am I going to say it too?

• Thank you (+1) 3

9 hours ago, CSBill said:

Then why are you here?

Attention 

23 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

I'm convinced that after watching todays games of opponents that we can't seem to beat or have lost to this season, that the Bills on (offense) are lacking that we've got nothing to lose swagger, or playing and having fun swagger. O'Connell beat the jets, Stroud beat the "mighty" bangles all while buffalo can't get out of their own way. 

I know this mean nothing since it's based off of my own feelings but whatever, who else am I going to say it too?

There aren’t any great teams this year Imo.  Get hot and win yourself a SB.  The offense can be good enough to carry our injury ravaged defense.  They just need to figure out how to become that good.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Yeah i agree.   Watch some highlights from 2020,2021 and early 2022 and they had a swagger about them.  Allen especially with his running for this offense humming.  Now that he’s being neutered they look like they are just going through the motions 

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

I was really surprised at how flat the Bills were last week against the Bengals ……

They got embarrassed in a home playoff game by them the last time they played … you think they would have had this game circled all year …

Maybe they’re depressed because they don’t believe the coaches are putting them in spots to beat the best teams. 

10 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Oh brother, we are bashing a player for talking about goals that were put into his contract? 🤦🏻 I’m 100% sure Ed wants to win, he wants that 500k too! Whats the point of incentives if you can’t reach for them? 

The arrival of Kincaid like Thor in Endgame will help, hopefully Shakir keeps it up. Allen seems to be gaining confidence in those guys. Healthy Dawson Knox is significantly better than what we saw this year. 

Right. My hope on offense rests on these three. Shakir in the slot, Knox, freed from serving as Spencer Brown's babysitter, getting down the field, and Kincaid blowing past linebackers. Also, Fournette and Cook as the new Thunder and Lightning. 

Edited by finn
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Yeah i agree.   Watch some highlights from 2020,2021 and early 2022 and they had a swagger about them.  Allen especially with his running for this offense humming.  Now that he’s being neutered they look like they are just going through the motions 

The answer is staring us in the face: They're in "WTF?!" mode, in disbelief that after last year's series of traumas (Knox's brother, the Tops shooting, White's injury, the Hamlin incident, Allen's injury) they get hit AGAIN, even worse this time. It's like, "C'mon, man!" White getting injured again was just a cruel blow. Unbelievable that then Milano and Jones, their two best defensive players, go down in quick succession. Then Allen hurts his shoulder again, and still more players go down. 

How do you regain your swagger in the face of these body blows? You feel vulnerable, unfairly targeted, anxious, weak. 

They're really at a crossroads now. If they blow Denver out of the fricking water, they might regain their mojo, maybe. If it's another close game, even if they win, they will be roadkill for the rest of the season. They HAVE to win big. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, NewEra said:

Attention 

There aren’t any great teams this year Imo.  Get hot and win yourself a SB.  The offense can be good enough to carry our injury ravaged defense.  They just need to figure out how to become that good.

Then if there is a switch, Era, they had better flick it, because the days are getting shorter. 

8 hours ago, Goin Breakdown said:

I watched the Red Zone channel yesterday, and what I noticed is how other teams offenses often moved the ball with ease,  and had receivers wide open, frequently. And QBs who are supposedly not as good as JA made accurate, “on the money” throws to receivers, even if they were closely covered.

The Bills offense is nowhere near as good as their stats seem to show. Tonight definitely will be a tell for the rest of the season, IMHO.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

I watched the Red Zone channel yesterday, and what I noticed is how other teams offenses often moved the ball with ease,  and had receivers wide open, frequently. And QBs who are supposedly not as good as JA made accurate, “on the money” throws to receivers, even if they were closely covered.

The Bills offense is nowhere near as good as their stats seem to show. Tonight definitely will be a tell for the rest of the season, IMHO.

Do you wake up in the morning and say to yourself "now what can I post on TBD that will make folks just a little bit more unhappy ?"  Geez, try a little kindness to someone or something today.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

A lot of these other teams yesterday were really targeting TE's and secondary wide receivers.  Guys I barely heard of were making plays all over the place.  Allen needs to move off Diggs quickly if tight coverage and move to other guys who will be wide open.  Spread it around, that's the recipe.

10 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

It's now Monday morning and the Cowboys just scored another touchdown. 

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Then if there is a switch, Era, they had better flick it, because the days are getting shorter. 

I don’t think there is a switch.  I think that insinuates that we’ve already figured it out, we just have to apply it  I don’t think that they have figured it out.  There is no switch to flip.  Just put in the hard work and hope to find gold.  They better find it soon

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

I think it's more about the timing. If Buffalo was sitting at 7-2 and Ed's talking about hitting incentives everything is cool. Sitting at 5-4, underachieving what a lot though they would be and general uncertainty heading into the rest of the year...yeah don't really want to hear about how much more money he stands to gain with a few more sacks. 

Especially coming off a losing effort a couple days before he made the statement. Credit for the openness and honesty answering...but Ed needs to read the room.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I don’t think there is a switch.  I think that insinuates that we’ve already figured it out, we just have to apply it  I don’t think that they have figured it out.  There is no switch to flip.  Just put in the hard work and hope to find gold.  They better find it soon

I am not disagreeing with you at all, but quite simply that's the ballad of the loser.

The simplest clichés hold true...good teams win games.  If they are not winning, they are not good. 

The "hard work" is easily equitable to Connery's ('The Rock") line of, "Your "best"?!  Losers whine about doing their best.  Winners go home and **** the prom queen."

They can do a ton of hard work and it may yield the exact same result: 4 whole games, even wins, of meh.

Let's hope something goes off with them or they find their way to the holy grail soon because we need Mr. Momentum to pop in and stay through Christmas. 

GO Bills!

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Solomon Grundy said:

If the Bills offense is similar to the Bucs with Brady, there should be no excuse why he doesn't play

I don’t think it is. Fournette said that the Bills passing scheme is the most complicated he has ever seen. All those choice routes require the pass catcher to read the defense, not just run a precise route. Also, contrary to popular belief in TBD, Hines was traded to the Bills on a Tuesday and played that Sunday against the Jets. Josh attempted a long pass to him on a wheel route that was incomplete. 

13 minutes ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

Why would he start over Cook? Do you mean will he be active?

I've never paid a lot of attention to the terminology, but the question is, is he likely to play tonight?  Can't believe it's not worth putting him out there to take carries inside the 5 yard line.

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection said:

I don’t think it is. Fournette said that the Bills passing scheme is the most complicated he has ever seen. All those choice routes require the pass catcher to read the defense, not just run a precise route. Also, contrary to popular belief in TBD, Hines was traded to the Bills on a Tuesday and played that Sunday against the Jets. Josh attempted a long pass to him on a wheel route that was incomplete. 

then why does it look like a Vanilla offense most of the time???  

1 hour ago, Casey D said:

Do you wake up in the morning and say to yourself "now what can I post on TBD that will make folks just a little bit more unhappy ?"  Geez, try a little kindness to someone or something today.

Not really. Just expressing an opinion and calling it like I saw it.

Now, Let's Effing Go Bills! I would LOVE to see JA have a great game and the Bills blow the Broncos out of the building.

Btw, for those who don't know, Sirius now has FOUR channels up playing Xmas music! 😉 You're welcome. 🎅🤶

• Like (+1) 1

My game prediction: Bills will win something like 24-17, and statistically it's going to look like a great game for the offense but it won't pass the eye test.

Then the chronically positive Bills fans and radio/podcast personalities will point to the stats and say "LOOK GUYS EVERYTHING IS FINE. CHECK OUT THE EPA, THE PASS OFFENSE IS ACTUALLY COMPLEX, NOT NEEDLESSLY CONFUSING TO THE PLAYERS". A lot of the criticism will calm down (undeservingly). 

The over/under on showing Josh Allen on the bench staring into the void is 3.5. I would take the over. 

(I really hope I'm wrong, and that the Bills wow everyone and this is the mid season turning point that we all want.  I'm just pessimistic about this coaching staff.)

Edited by Bruffalo

3 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

My game prediction: Bills will win something like 24-17, and statistically it's going to look like a great game for the offense but it won't pass the eye test.

Then the chronically positive Bills fans and radio/podcast personalities will point to the stats and say "LOOK GUYS EVERYTHING IS FINE. CHECK OUT THE EPA, THE PASS OFFENSE IS ACTUALLY COMPLEX, NOT NEEDLESSLY CONFUSING TO THE PLAYERS". A lot of the criticism will calm down (undeservingly). 

The over/under on showing Josh Allen on the bench staring into the void is 3.5. I would take the over. 

(I really hope I'm wrong, and that the Bills wow everyone and this is the mid season turning point that we all want.  I'm just pessimistic about this coaching staff.)

I think “not passing the eye test” means a very wide array of possibilities.

Are we talking an offense that has some punts, maybe even some 3-and-outs but we are still overall productive?

Or 3.9 YPC, a few turnovers, and presnap penalties while still speaking out a win. 

2 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I think “not passing the eye test” means a very wide array of possibilities.

Are we talking an offense that has some punts, maybe even some 3-and-outs but we are still overall productive?

Or 3.9 YPC, a few turnovers, and presnap penalties while still speaking out a win. 

To me, it would not insignificant amount of the game where the offense just goes dormant again. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I think it's more about the timing. If Buffalo was sitting at 7-2 and Ed's talking about hitting incentives everything is cool. Sitting at 5-4, underachieving what a lot though they would be and general uncertainty heading into the rest of the year...yeah don't really want to hear about how much more money he stands to gain with a few more sacks. 

Especially coming off a losing effort a couple days before he made the statement. Credit for the openness and honesty answering...but Ed needs to read the room.

But he was answering a specific media question about his contract. He didn’t bring it up on his own. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.