Bills vs Broncos-Monday Night Football

BuffaloBillyG

14 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

they absolutely need someone who can provide a spark on offense.  Fournette's physical play could absolutely provide that 

Do I think it will happen?  No. He'll be inactive again 

I'm at the end with Dorsey, and I don't think we'll see anything different Monday. 

We get a ton of lip service from this Coaching Staff.

Dorsey said they are searching to overturn every rock, McDermott said things that are similar. 

The Bills have not even been close to covering the spreads the last few games...well, mostly with the games they have been favored in.  That said, this team needs to send a message Monday night. They are currently favored by 7, but IMO, no excuse why they shouldn't win by 17!  Regardless, they need to fix things and this is the best and last real time to show they are serious. We are running out of weekends. Handle the Broncs convincingly, then do the same to the Jets.  After that, they take a stroll down murderers row, but IF they get thigs right these next two games, there is NO reason we can't regain that needed swager and get back on the track we all expected!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BobBelcher said:

Fournette NEEDS to play.  He's still effective.  And all this talk about him being washed, I don't know man, he's 28... that's younger than 90% of the players we sign...

he’s 8 years younger than I am, and I still get ID’d at bars… lol

2 hours ago, Cache said:

The Bills have not even been close to covering the spreads the last few games...well, mostly with the games they have been favored in.  That said, this team needs to send a message Monday night. They are currently favored by 7, but IMO, no excuse why they shouldn't win by 17!  Regardless, they need to fix things and this is the best and last real time to show they are serious. We are running out of weekends. Handle the Broncs convincingly, then do the same to the Jets.  After that, they take a stroll down murderers row, but IF they get thigs right these next two games, there is NO reason we can't regain that needed swager and get back on the track we all expected!

What makes you and others think this offense has ever been high powered this year. In 6 of 9 games they have played they failed to score more than 24 points. At this point this is who they are. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Jrb1979 said:

What makes you and others think this offense has ever been high powered this year. In 6 of 9 games they have played they failed to score more than 24 points. At this point this is who they are. 

The QB and one of the WR's are high powered the rest of the offense is low wattage.

• Dislike 1

15 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

He is getting there and I'm very confident that he will be great.  But right now he's an emerging player.

Perhaps but if they keep featuring him, that'll change fast. Even if the offense still sucks. He's got like an 89% catch rate, per a link in another thread. 

Edited by Goin Breakdown

11 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

Drops critical balls at critical times. His fumble last week essentially costs us the game. Let the rookie observe from the bench until he learns ball security. 

He does? Man idk. I guess he needs to simulate and practice securing the ball while being upside down just Incase someone gets a lucky punch at it. Other than that he had a drop at the beginning g of the game. Not sure how critical that was. 

Edited by Goin Breakdown

6 hours ago, Goin Breakdown said:

He does? Man idk. I guess he needs to simulate and practice securing the ball while being upside down just Incase someone gets a lucky punch at it. 
mother than that he had a drop at the beginning g of the game. Not sure how critical that was. 

Doesn’t have a problem fumbling the ball

Defensive player just got him at a lucky moment while he was upended could’ve happened to anybody

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Kincaid No good?

I think Kincaid was a great pick but good for offense for dink and dunk. He's not a Gronk tight end who can bash his way to huge gains and TDs. A good compliment to the other weapons you have. The big problem for our offense is that we have no deep threat that can stretch the field, get us huge gains and long TDs and when not doing that allow the other receivers open.  This was Davis, Sanders or John Brown (to a lesser extent) in previous years. This threat has sadly disappeared this season. 

18 minutes ago, BillsDiehard said:

Take pressure off Josh and run the ball 20+ times between Fournette, Murray and Cook...we'll win and control the clock

With Dorsey calling the running plays I think you're expecting something that just isn't there.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

23 hours ago, 2003Contenders said:

Is it just me -- or does it feel like the coaches are not taking advantage of the "extra" days they have been afforded the last couple of weeks? I get that the extra time does help with healing the body, etc. but does not seem like they are getting any extra practice reps in.

They don't get extra practice reps.  The number of practices per week and the total number of padded practices per season are governed by the CBA.

The coaches may put extra days into film watching or game planning, and probably do - football coaches are "built different" and have to be told to shower and to go home.

30 minutes ago, BillsDiehard said:

Take pressure off Josh and run the ball 20+ times between Fournette, Murray and Cook...we'll win and control the clock

But that would require the D to reliably make some stops particularly early in the game.  It seems to me that McD wants to have his cake and eat it to:  Score a lot of points AND hold on to the ball for long periods of time protecting the D.  Of course that is hard to do when your offense isn't built to do it and you've spent the last four seasons directing the lions share of your high draft picks and splash FA signings to the D over the O.

I know I sound like a broken record on this point but IMO it's the reason for almost everything the Bills are experiencing today.  They made a fundamental strategic mistake in how to build a team with an elite QB in the current NFL.  And I am becoming increasingly worried that there are no quick fixes

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Doesn’t have a problem fumbling the ball

Defensive player just got him at a lucky moment while he was upended could’ve happened to anybody

Yep. That's what I'm saying. I can't wait to see what he turns into.  potential wise, it's all upside. 

32 minutes ago, Negan said:

With Dorsey calling the running plays I think you're expecting something that just isn't there.

Plus there are only so many second down opportunities. 

2 hours ago, Negan said:

Dorsey literally has 2 running concepts, dart and duo.  Don't ask him to get creative in the running game.  It just isn't there.

• Haha (+1) 1

2023-24 Season Record

Blue on White 2-1

White on White 1-1

White on Blue 0-1

Blue on Blue 1-1

Red on Red 1-0

Historic Uniform Record (since not Navy)

Since 2011- Blue on White 42-29

Since 2011- White on White 21-30-1

2012-2021- White on White (Throwback) 9-3

Since 2012- White on Blue 15-25

Since 2014- Blue on Blue 17-9

Since 2015- Red on Red 8-2

Josh Allen Uniform Record

Blue on White 16-9

White on White 14-8-1

White on White (Throwback) 4-1

White on Blue 9-10

Blue on Blue 13-6

Red on Red 6-1

Primetime Historic Uniform Record (No Saturday Nights)

Blue on White   0-2         TNF 0-0                SNF 0-0                MNF 0-2

White on White 1-1-1     TNF 0-0                SNF 1-0                MNF 1-1-1

White on Blue   4-4         TNF 1-2                SNF 2-1                MNF 1-1

Blue on Blue     6-1        TNF 4-0                SNF 1-0                MNF 1-1

Red on Red       3-1         TNF 1-1                SNF 2-0                MNF 0-0

Playoffs Uniform Record

Blue on White 3-0

White on White 0-1

White on Blue 0-3

Blue on Blue 1-1

13 minutes ago, Mr Wild said:

2023-24 Season Record

Blue on White 2-1

White on White 1-1

White on Blue 0-1

Blue on Blue 1-1

Red on Red 1-0

Blue on White 16-9

White on White 14-8-1

White on Blue 9-10

Blue on Blue 13-6

Red on Red 6-1

Blue on White   0-2         TNF 0-0                SNF 0-0                MNF 0-2

White on White 1-1-1     TNF 0-0                SNF 1-0                MNF 1-1-1

White on Blue   4-4         TNF 1-2                SNF 2-1                MNF 1-1

Blue on Blue     6-1        TNF 4-0                SNF 1-0                MNF 1-1

Red on Red       3-1         TNF 1-1                SNF 2-0                MNF 0-0

Playoffs Uniform Record

Blue on White 3-0

White on White 0-1

White on Blue 0-3

Blue on Blue 1-1

Are you counting the Bengals game as a tie?

1 hour ago, Mr Wild said:

2023-24 Season Record

Blue on White 2-1

White on White 1-1

White on Blue 0-1

Blue on Blue 1-1

Red on Red 1-0

Blue on White 16-9

White on White 14-8-1

White on Blue 9-10

Blue on Blue 13-6

Red on Red 6-1

Playoffs Uniform Record

Blue on White 3-0

White on White 0-1

White on Blue 0-3

Blue on Blue 1-1

Interesting red on red records.  You would think not, but one has to wonder some kind of psychological factor at work... or just complete random occurrence. 

Edited by Lagoon Blues

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.