Downward Offensive Trend is Clear

ngbills

Since 2020 Season

Bills score 25 or less:

2020 - 4 of 16 games

2021 - 4 of 17 games

2022 - 6 of 16 games

2023 - 6 of 9 games (on pace to be worst in 4 years)

Bills under 350 yards in O:

2020 - 5 of 16 games

2021 - 5 of 17 games

2022 - 4 of 16 games

2023 - 4 of 9 games (on pace to be worst in 4 years)

Bills 20 or less 1st downs:

2020 - 1 of 16 games

2021 - 4 of 17 games

2022 - 5 of 16 games

2023 - 3 of 9 games (on pace to be worst in 4 years)

Games outgained in yards by opponent:

2020 - 6 of 16 games

2021 - 3 of 17 games

2022 - 4 of 16 games

2023 - 4 of 9 games (on pace to be worst in 4 years)

I can do this for almost every offensive category. This O clearly has issues. Dont be fooled by some of the overall stats as they are skewed by a couple games vs what the team has done in the majority of games this year. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Since 2020 Season

Bills score 25 or less:

2020 - 4 of 16 games

2021 - 4 of 17 games

2022 - 6 of 16 games

2023 - 6 of 9 games (on pace to be worst in 4 years)

Bills under 350 yards in O:

2020 - 5 of 16 games

2021 - 5 of 17 games

2022 - 4 of 16 games

2023 - 4 of 9 games (on pace to be worst in 4 years)

Bills 20 or less 1st downs:

2020 - 1 of 16 games

2021 - 4 of 17 games

2022 - 5 of 16 games

2023 - 3 of 9 games (on pace to be worst in 4 years)

Games outgained in yards by opponent:

2020 - 6 of 16 games

2021 - 3 of 17 games

2022 - 4 of 16 games

2023 - 4 of 9 games (on pace to be worst in 4 years)

I can do this for almost every offensive category. This O clearly has issues. Dont be fooled by some of the overall stats as they are skewed by a couple games vs what the team has done in the majority of games this year. 

I think offensive output is down throughout the nfl. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Yeah this offense is strait up bad now.  I have zero faith in them scoring when needed. They're BORING.  Im not sure I ever remember a Bills team as heavily hyped as this one, with such middling results.  Maybe Rex Ryan's 'building a bully' team?  They look slow and disinterested.  The Jets are going eat them alive again.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Bogie_Klinkhammer said:

No Cole Beasley

Prime Beasley.

1 minute ago, dorquemada said:

Yeah this offense is strait up bad now.  I have zero faith in them scoring when needed. They're BORING.  Im not sure I ever remember a Bills team as heavily hyped as this one, with such middling results.  Maybe Rex Ryan's 'building a bully' team?  They look slow and disinterested.  The Jets are going eat them alive again.

There’s probably 25 offenses worse in the league without even looking at stats.

But they should give Harty a chance with his speed. I’m not sure why they signed him. I would have him and Davis split reps.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Prime Beasley.

There’s probably 25 offenses worse in the league without even looking at stats.

But they should give Harty a chance with his speed. I’m not sure why they signed him.

There are not 25 offenses worse in the league right now.  Like last year, we peaked a few games in and have been on a downward slope since.  Today, we are no better than the middle of the league, and it would appear that the league has figured out Dorkey's capgun O

• Disagree 1

6 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

There are not 25 offenses worse in the league right now.  Like last year, we peaked a few games in and have been on a downward slope since.  Today, we are no better than the middle of the league, and it would appear that the league has figured out Dorkey's capgun O

Maybe not 25, but easily 20.  Dolphins, Ravens, Jags, Chiefs, Eagles, Cowboys, Lions, 49ers.   Who from the list below do you want over the current bills offense?

Jets

Patriots

Steelers

Browns

Texans

Colts

Titans

Raiders

Chargers

Broncos

Commanders

Giants

Vikings

Packers

Bears

Saints

Falcons

Bucs

Panthers

Rams

Cardinals

Seahawks

Edited by Bleeding Bills Blue
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Maybe not 25, but easily 20.  Dolphins, Ravens, Jags, Chiefs, Eagles, Cowboys, Lions, 49ers.   

Jets

Patriots

Steelers

Browns

Texans

Colts

Titans

Raiders

Chargers

Broncos

Commanders

Giants

Vikings

Packers

Bears

Saints

Falcons

Bucs

Panthers

Rams

Cardinals

Seahawks

we'll see over the next 2 weeks who has the worse O.  Buffalo is back to being the get well game for other teams.  BTW we've already scored fewer points head to head against 2 of the teams you listed.  I'm sure there's advanced statistics to suggest that ACKSHUALLY the Bills have a better O but the proof is in the pudding

Josh used to be exciting to watch every week. Must see TV.

Now I have no idea what will happen on any drive or play and I’m mostly holding my breath he doesn’t throw an ugly INT or get sacked by someone who blew by one of our OL.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Rubes said:

Josh used to be exciting to watch every week. Must see TV.

Now I have no idea what will happen on any drive or play and I’m mostly holding my breath he doesn’t throw an ugly INT or get sacked by someone who blew by one of our OL.

He was infuriating to watch his first year or two. He is again. Everything comes around.

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

He was infuriating to watch his first year or two. He is again. Everything comes around.

He was infuriating but also exciting, and you could see the potential just bursting at the seams. Now he just seems on edge, ready to make a head scratching play at any moment.

When the team has 1 or fewer turnovers - they are 4-1.  When they have 2 or more, 1-3.  There were some end game theatric fumbles by diggs and allen in these games, but the 5 straight weeks with an INT have been back breakers.  

When they win the turnover battle, 3-0.  When they lose 2-4. 

Step 1 - Stop turning the ball over so damn much.  

4-0 at home, 1-4 on the road (i counted the london game as a road game cuz... it is).  There's still a real HF advantage in buffalo and all 4 of those should be considered very winnable. If i had to guess why we were having more success in no-huddle against cincinnati, a big piece of it is the complications we make for our offense.  Away game, personnel changes and playcalls take longer, you line up later, you need to set line protections, you need to motion people, and you have to use a silent snap count which is a big tilt to the defense. 

Step 2 - Figure out how to speed up the pace on the road.  Even if just for some stretches - if you get to 2nd and 1 just rush to the line and force them to react to it.  If we spend 30 seconds changing in for some jumbo package we basically tilted our hand.  Offense has looked bad on the road all year long.  

What in the world is going on with our running game.  The last couple of weeks we have been getting killed with negative runs.  When the team including allen rushes for 100 total yards - not even a really big amount - 5-0.  When they are under 100 yards rushing as a team. 0-4.

Step 3 - Create a run game that has an actual identity.  

Edited by Bleeding Bills Blue
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Rubes said:

He was infuriating but also exciting, and you could see the potential just bursting at the seams. Now he just seems on edge, ready to make a head scratching play at any moment.

It’s just your/our perspective with the advantage of time. He’s right back where he started only now minus the green light to run the ball. 

9 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

It’s just your/our perspective with the advantage of time. He’s right back where he started only now minus the green light to run the ball. 

I agree in terms of performance...but there is a difference to me. It's not quantifiable so it's just an opinion...but he seems much more afraid to make a mistake now and he's lost his bravado and it doesn't feel like he's the same fun guy anymore on the field. 

There is something really wrong happening here and McD and Dorsey are completely clueless as to how to help fix it. And they've definitely hand in creating it. 

• Agree 4

It's egregious to not have a running game that you can bust out during tough road games.  At least to grind out some 1st downs and allow the Oline to be aggressive. It's crazy actually.  I'm not sure what McDermott, Dorsey and Beane have been doing these past few years but they never fixed it.  There is zero identity on offense. They should be the Eagles.

1 hour ago, dorquemada said:

Jets D will probably have a pretty good game against Allen and the boys, but we are gonna beat the 15-year-old-looking-MILF-lover in the rematch, and that’s all there is to it.

45 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

When the team has 1 or fewer turnovers - they are 4-1.  When they have 2 or more, 1-3.  There were some end game theatric fumbles by diggs and allen in these games, but the 5 straight weeks with an INT have been back breakers.  

When they win the turnover battle, 3-0.  When they lose 2-4. 

Step 1 - Stop turning the ball over so damn much.  

4-0 at home, 1-4 on the road (i counted the london game as a road game cuz... it is).  There's still a real HF advantage in buffalo and all 4 of those should be considered very winnable. If i had to guess why we were having more success in no-huddle against cincinnati, a big piece of it is the complications we make for our offense.  Away game, personnel changes and playcalls take longer, you line up later, you need to set line protections, you need to motion people, and you have to use a silent snap count which is a big tilt to the defense. 

Step 2 - Figure out how to speed up the pace on the road.  Even if just for some stretches - if you get to 2nd and 1 just rush to the line and force them to react to it.  If we spend 30 seconds changing in for some jumbo package we basically tilted our hand.  Offense has looked bad on the road all year long.  

What in the world is going on with our running game.  The last couple of weeks we have been getting killed with negative runs.  When the team including allen rushes for 100 total yards - not even a really big amount - 5-0.  When they are under 100 yards rushing as a team. 0-4.

Step 3 - Create a run game that has an actual identity.  

How about force a turnover once in awhile. 1 in last 5 games.

• Thank you (+1) 1

As much as it's easy to point the finger and McD/Dorsey as being the main reason for these issues. One really has to wonder what has really happened to JA17.

I still think he's a top 10 NFL QB by default, but all the critics who have called him a fraud are being vindicated this season because there's simply no excuse for such wildly inconsistent play and enough anecdotal evidence is there that perhaps he is the main problem right now and is already on the downswing of what might be a very short NFL career akin to Cam Newton who many also warned as a relevant cautionary tale.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Who from the list below do you want over the current bills offense?

Texans

Chargers

6 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

As much as it's easy to point the finger and McD/Dorsey as being the main reason for these issues. One really has to wonder what has really happened to JA17.

I still think he's a top 10 NFL QB by default, but all the critics who have called him a fraud are being vindicated this season because there's simply no excuse for such wildly inconsistent play and enough anecdotal evidence is there that perhaps he is the main problem right now and is already on the downswing of what might be a very short NFL career akin to Cam Newton who many also warned as a relevant cautionary tale.

It's the damn Madden cover curse.

8 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I think offensive output is down throughout the nfl. 

Come on!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT is why there are these clear and shocking statistics, (and maybe the reason the Bills' offense has fallen off a cliff this year too?) and the fact the Bills have fallen out of playoff contention?

Do your own eyes deceive you? 

Makes no sense at all, whistling past the graveyard...

8 hours ago, ngbills said:

That is true

Ditto!

6 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

You may not be far off.. first downs are now a struggle to come by . 

Shakir looks like him, sure handed, smooth, gets separation--so why did it take Dorsey so long to see what I and so many others saw???  And saw too late, to maybe save the season--as there are many many other things he doesn't see either it seems.

Downward trend is on both sides of the ball. I think the O is a much quicker  fix if Beane actually puts a little more effort in this unit. The D is just aging and young players aren’t stepping up. A lot of money and draft picks continue to get used for this group but not much transition in starting lineup until injuries force players on the field. Most of the time those players aren’t ready, that’s a big coaching problem. Father Time gets everyone at some point and it’s noticeable when you watch this unit. 

McD holds every young player accountable for their play, when they struggle they don’t see the field. For the vets it’s the total opposite, doesn’t matter if they can’t physically get the job done as long as they have the brains to be in the right position and put in the effort. Results just don’t ***** matter when it comes to them. 

Edited by BananaB
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

How about force a turnover once in awhile. 1 in last 5 games.

Been in them games without the D forcing a turnover though man…

🤷‍♂️

All losses by 6 or >. 

That’s one TD in each loss. ONE

How bout they score some more with one of the best the league can showcase @ QB & WR.  

Edited by BBFL
  • Like (+1) 2

The Bills have lost 4 games where they have scored 79 points (16, 20, 25, 18). They have turned the ball over 10 times while generating 4 turnovers.

Cut down on the turnovers, get back to uptempo and play more risky. If McDermott can send 6, he can certainly go for it on 4th down.

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

season and last 3 games as well

I’m mistaken then. Scoring definitely down so maybe just perception. Haven’t scored 30 since Miami ? Under 20 points in 2 of last 3. Something amiss with the offense- hopefully they can turn it around. 

2 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

I’m mistaken then. Scoring definitely down so maybe just perception. Haven’t scored 30 since Miami ? Under 20 points in 2 of last 3. Something amiss with the offense- hopefully they can turn it around. 

Dolphins and Chiefs offenses both under 20points 2 of their last 3 as well, Niners 3/3

it happens

3 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Recently or season to date ? 

The bills still have good offensive stats compared to the league over the bad stretch of game because there will be 1-2 quarters where they are dreadful and 1-2 quarters where they are unstoppable. The Giants game is the exception.

The potential is there for the offense to put it all together. We’ve seen it a few times this year. We’ve seen it for a quarter or 2 in other games. Once they figure out who they are they will be good. I think they’re getting close. It’ll be the Diggs and Kincaid show moving forward.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.