Bills @ Bengals postgame thread

Simon

The bills have 7 losses in the last 2 years all by 6 points or less (regular season)

As a matter of fact. The last time the bills lost by more than 6 points was November 21st, 2021. 

We have Had the best roster for the past four years. But our coaching Has let us down

Edited by Bills!Win!
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

We don’t know if Dorsey is the problem or if McD behind the seems has his hands on the offense and is the problem.

I’ll never forgive McD for his horrible handling of 13 seconds though. More and more I don’t think we’ll ever win a SB with him. I hope I’m wrong but I think I’ll sadly end up being correct. He comes up small in the big spots 

It's at least Dorsey.  His play calling is maddening and holding this team back.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The better prepared QB with the better weapons won.

Simple as that.

Burrow would tie Lou Anarumo in knots with his ability to read a defense and find it's weakness..........but Allen can only move the ball on Anarumo if he runs no huddle and Anarumo can't substitute.    That is an indictment.   Some want to lay the blame on Dorsey........but Allen should have a much better grasp of this offense in his 6th damn year in it.   He needs to be a lot better decision maker.    I'm not in the fire Dorsey crowd but a new playbook might be necessary to force Josh Allen to focus on the X's and O's again.   

It's Dorsey's job to run an offense that Josh can excel in while teaching Josh.  Thats not what Dorsey is doing.  Either Dorsey sucks at his job or Allen is a mediocre QB.  I choose to believe Josh is elite because I have seen him play elite.  Dorsey is a second year offensive coach that had no business really getting that job in the first place.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Dislike 1

No question who the better QB was in this game.  And the Bills running game is about the worst in the NFL.  Good thing for Arizona being so bad huh.

Here I was just thinking the Bills defense was their biggest problem when in fact their offense lost them this game. And almost lost them a couple more games.

Frustration from BillsMafia is high so I can only imagine what it’s like in the locker room.

i have no direct knowledge but it sure seems like the offensive philosophy is lacking and questionable. McDermott and Dorsey want to run this 12 personnel with a slow and methodical run/ pass balance and limit Josh’s running ability.

The problem is that’s not who they are or what works best for them. This should be a uptempo offense putting major pressure on the D. Josh has needed more investment in the OL and more playmakers on offense outside of Diggs. When Diggs gets taken away then it’s all on Josh. Outside of Diggs, your rookie TE and check downs to Cook, no one else is stepping up consistently.

12 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

The team showed one bit of emotion on the field since beating Miami.  And Josh got flagged for taunting after it.

They played with heart and intensity tonight.  all night long.

could be injuries on other teams catch up to us.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

2 minutes ago, KellyToTasker said:

They’re desperate because nothing is working. The new gimmick, no huddle/up tempo, didn’t last very long. 

The coaching has no idea on how to fix this. 

This. I’m a little easier on the defense given how banged up they are. But I have some issues with how often we blitz at times.

The expectation is that the offense carry some more of the load and they’re actually carrying a lot less.

Dungy and Harrison are asking “what is your rhythm? When you’re not playing Superman what is your game?” Good questions. Most think a better running game. I agree. But when we take the ball out of Josh’s hands things don’t go great either?

In a game like this I think we got too far behind and felt like it could get out of hand in short order. But in general I agree. 

Nate Geary on WGR is calling the Bengals the class of the AFC. 

Really? 

Because you think that was impressive? 

Against this rag tag defense they score 24 points at home? 

The Ravens, Chiefs, Eagles will walk through this team, heck I think the Jaguars are right there with them. 

13 minutes ago, Mango said:

Listening to Allen’s post game. A little bit of throwing throwing Dorsey under the bus. Not crazy. But subtle.

A little odd when asked about specific players or multiple drives, and a lot of “I don’t know. I’ll have to watch the film. I’m just trying to run the play that’s called”

Certainly standard speak, but it’s also pretty common for a QB to go “well they did a good job of rolling the safety over top.” Or “we tried to move Gabe around but they did a good job of taking him away” but “I don’t know is weird.”

WGR is super angry just yelling at clouds. Saying nobody was getting open, which is WILDLY INCORRECT. Also upset they drafted Kincaid. 

I don’t know why I got the urge to listen. I never do. But all these guys on WGR have some of the lowest football IQ. 

Wait til old Coach Sal gets on tomorrow to tell you everything is great and the team just lost a close, one score game to a team everyone thinks is a SB contender.

As if it wasn't totally one sided until we scored late to make it interesting for one play until the Bengals ended it

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Beane and McDermott are wasting Allen's career. Like on the Panthers, their turning Allen into the next Cam Newton. One "Almost" year, then the fast decline. If McDermott had a conscience, he'd resign. Bills have already peaked. The one plus is that soon the Bills will be back to only playing games at 1pm.     

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

Just now, TheFunPolice said:

Wait til old Coach Sal gets on tomorrow to tell you everything is great and the team just lost a close, one score game to a team everyone thinks is a SB contender.

As if it wasn't totally one sided until we scored late to make it interesting for one play until the Bengals ended it

If the defense only made a stop when it mattered….

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Awwufelloff said:

Josh Allen’s Int and Kinkaids fumble was the difference in the game. Win the turnover battle and we probably win that game 

That's a really good take and is probably correct. But you need to get that 💩outta here. We're hopping mad and we're not gonna take it anymore.

• Haha (+1) 2

Does seem like we are taking a step back this year, some of which is due to injuries, particularly on defense.  What is most disappointing is the lack of consistency from the offense from drive to drive and game to game.  First drive looked great, and then we seemed to revert to the dreadful play calling that we have seem much of the season with a bunch of running plays on first down that get minimal yards.  We do also need more playmakers on offense.  It can't be only Allen and Diggs.  Kincaid is a nice addition, but we clearly need more at RB and WR.

Not optimistic about this offseason or next season.  We will need to make cuts and also let our players with expiring contracts leave because we will not be able to afford to re-sign them (i.e., Davis, Espenesa, D. Jones, Floyd and Hyde) We also will have little or no flexibility to be active in the player free agency next season.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Nate Geary on WGR is calling the Bengals the class of the AFC. 

Really? 

Because you think that was impressive? 

Against this rag tag defense they score 24 points at home? 

The Ravens, Chiefs, Eagles will walk through this team, heck I think the Jaguars are right there with them. 

any of those teams could realistically win the SB

7 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

And now we have another clue as to why Diggs was fed up with Allen over the winter. 

Diggs is fed up with the coaching of the Bills and the disproportionate resources directed against the D.  That seemed pretty apparent with his and Allen's comments over the last few weeks.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

We did not go "toe to toe" we got dominated and scored a late TD to make it somewhat interesting.

This was the Bucs TNF game in reverse.

I am halfway in between on this. 

I don't see some juggernaut in the Bengals. 

Their pass rush did very little. 

And when the Bills wanted to go fast, they moved the ball. 

THEY HAVE TO START GETTING GABE DAVIS OFF THE FIELD. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, RG Murdock said:

Beane and McDermott are wasting Allen's career. Like on the Panthers, their turning Allen into the next Cam Newton. One "Almost" year, then the fast decline. If McDermott had a conscience, he'd resign. Bills have already peaked. The one plus is that soon the Bills will be back to only playing games at 1pm.     

Explain how Allen is the next Newton. Please 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Kincaid has been our best draft pick outside of Josh in the Beane era IMO.

Agreed Dalton has been every bit as good as advertised. The guy literally had the ball punched out while he was flipping in the air that’s been his only error this year. 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I am halfway in between on this. 

I don't see some juggernaut in the Bengals. 

Their pass rush did very little. 

And when the Bills wanted to go fast, they moved the ball. 

THEY HAVE TO START GETTING GABE DAVIS OFF THE FIELD. 

Yes, the old offense is there underneath Ken Dorsey’s pathetic fake loser playbook 

7 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The better prepared QB with the better weapons won.

Simple as that.

Burrow would tie Lou Anarumo in knots with his ability to read a defense and find it's weakness..........but Allen can only move the ball on Anarumo if he runs no huddle and Anarumo can't substitute.    That is an indictment.   Some want to lay the blame on Dorsey........but Allen should have a much better grasp of this offense in his 6th damn year in it.   He needs to be a lot better decision maker.    I'm not in the fire Dorsey crowd but a new playbook might be necessary to force Josh Allen to focus on the X's and O's again.   

lets look at who's been teaching Josh the intricacies of football, beyond see receiver, throw the ball.   that was one of major reasons I hated the Dorsey hire.   Selecting what play to run is maybe a 10th of the job of an OC.   You take someone like Andy Reid and theres a vast amount of knowledge about every part of the offense that is taught to entire offense.   What does Dorsey have to offer knowlege and scheme wise beyond what josh and the players dont already know?  

The offense is regressing and its not surprising.   there's no knowledge, no insight being added and some of the things that were probably taught before arent now. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

That's a really good take and is probably correct. But you need to get that 💩outta here. We're hopping mad and we're not gonna take it anymore.

I’m mad too, just don’t think we played that bad. Our d was solid despite all those injuries, burrow is a top 3 qb. We held them to 24 pts 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

If the defense only made a stop when it mattered….

Right!

Sal is the king of saying things that are technically true but totally ignore context.

Nobody watching that game tonight who isn't a Bills fan thinks it was a back and forth battle.

The Bengals dominated the game and when we got close near the end they slammed the door with what looked like ease. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.