Josh Allen - DNP Wednesday Practice Designation

BillsFanForever19

Just now, BillsFanForever19 said:

Hopefully he at least gets a Limited in tomorrow and another Limited or Full on Friday. 

Something to keep an eye on. He's a warrior and I doubt they'll shut him down unless they absolutely have to. But another DNP tomorrow would be concerning.

He told the media he absolutely would have practiced but they wanted "to be smart" 

• Thank you (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Hopefully he at least gets a Limited in tomorrow and another Limited or Full on Friday. 

Something to keep an eye on. He's a warrior and I doubt they'll shut him down unless they absolutely have to. But another DNP tomorrow would be concerning.

We are doomed.  Allen is starting Sunday night

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Might be dealing with this until the bye, but unless he injures it further, seems like it is just something that doesn't really effect his ability to play and do things, just don't want to have him use it more than he has to and want to let it rest as much as possible.

Likely just load management. I’m sure fatigue, soreness, bruising, tightness, etc. are all setting in. 

Just because there is a DNP designation, doesn’t mean he wasn’t participating in rehab and recovery, which might be more beneficial that running routes on air in 30 degree weather.

A few extra minutes in the film room is fine by me. 

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Likely just load management. I’m sure fatigue, soreness, bruising, tightness, etc. are all setting in. 

Just because there is a DNP designation, doesn’t mean he wasn’t participating in rehab and recovery, which might be more beneficial that running routes on air in 30 degree weather.

A few extra minutes in the film room is fine by me. 

considering the fits the Bengals defense gave us....absolutely 

7 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Allen should be taking off every Wednesday IMHO. Let the QB who doesn’t throw on game day to take throws Wednesday. 

This.  It also has the added benefit of giving K. Allen. Reps against a decent defense so if he ever needs to fill in to finish a game for Josh  if the Bills get to a comfortable lead and want to let Josh sit rest of a game.  If K. Allen has more reps in practice might slow game down enough to be as capable bu qb for Josh.  

It’s funny there is not as much speculation on Josh’s shoulder as I would expect.  Shoulders are complicated joints.  Hopefully it’s nothing that requires surgery but there are injuries that he could play through that won’t heal until surgery.   This could be a thing the rest of the way and always the chance of it getting worse.  

• Like (+1) 1

Without throwing yesterday i guess you could say theoretically Josh Allen has had 6 days to get treatment and rest on that shoulder.  Its hard to do that during a season so that thursday night game might have helped him a lot even though he clearly bothered that injury again.

Need to keep him upright until the bye where he can really get rest.  He has been getting hit to much lately and the bengals are going to play downhill all game so the line needs to have their best game yet sunday night.

3 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

It’s funny there is not as much speculation on Josh’s shoulder as I would expect.  Shoulders are complicated joints.  Hopefully it’s nothing that requires surgery but there are injuries that he could play through that won’t heal until surgery.   This could be a thing the rest of the way and always the chance of it getting worse.  

Or it could be nothing and just needs a bit of rest. Just soreness from landing on it. From Josh's comments, that's all it sounds like.

19 hours ago, BigDingus said:

I honestly haven't been following it, but is it still a shoulder thing?

We've seen him go into the blue tent a couple of games already, so is this the same nagging injury that's just bothering him each week or something different?

He looked great against Tampa.  I expect him to be on top of his game against Cinci.

McDermott on the other hand coached a terrible second half against Tampa.  And should stay in the tent on game day.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, AuntieEm said:

This.  It also has the added benefit of giving K. Allen. Reps against a decent defense so if he ever needs to fill in to finish a game for Josh  if the Bills get to a comfortable lead and want to let Josh sit rest of a game.  If K. Allen has more reps in practice might slow game down enough to be as capable bu qb for Josh.  

Kyle Allen would be running the scout team offense in practice and I would imagine going to against the ones all the time anyway...

Apparently Tom Brady loves him some Josh Allen and doesn't want to see him running around as much...calls him "a f'ing stud'

Does that mean we have to actually like Brady now??

First Gronk says he is a big Bills fan again after he retired and now this?  Make it stop!!  

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10095510-bills-josh-allen-responds-to-tom-bradys-advice-about-play-style-amid-injury-concern

"I would love to see Josh save those for very special moments and special occasions to run the ball rather than to run the ball six minutes into the game on a second-and-6. Not that he shouldn't run, but when he does run, slide and make sure no one hits you because I don't ever want to see him get hurt and I want to see him out there playing out there because he's such a f'ing; stud...I want to see him play another 10 to 12 years and really see how he can maximize his potential."

Edited by Big Turk
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, HardyBoy said:

Kyle Allen would be running the scout team offense in practice and I would imagine going to against the ones all the time anyway...

Yea but sometimes  it's nice to see how your game plays against players u aren't facing everyday as well...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.