Rasul Douglas to Bills - per Rap

SCBills

3 hours ago, entropyrules said:

Just finished reading an article where it looks like the Bills ended up with 3 6th round picks for the 2024 draft....is that article right? I don't recall any of thsoe trades

Updating the traded picks in the 2024 NFL draft after the trade deadline (yahoo.com)

That was one of the jokes from that draft that Beane was trying to get all the 6th rd picks

This guy is a good veteran corner still in his prime who should fit in very well with what the Bills do, which is a lot like what GB does for that matter. Beane definitely won this trade.  A third was probably even light comp to GB but getting a fifth back seals the deal as a big win. I dont follow the Pack but over the years I’ve taken in some of their games and I noticed this guy. He looked to me like a very smart player at his position and a playmaker. 

• Like (+1) 1

I wonder if there's a way to convert the 'conditional draft pick' to an immediate 'we're raiding your active roster'?  That might liven things up.  Or, how about an ESPN program that allows phone in / internet voting to allocate compensatory relief for an aggrieved team.  "You lost your promising OC?  No worries, America has voted that you get NPeterman!"

I have too much time on my hands...🤔

• Haha (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I said this in the Bengals thread but Beane is leaving the door open for him to play.  He's going to full go practice today and then see how he picks the defense mentally through the walk through on Saturday.

Well, Aaron Rodgers said he was one of the smartest players he has ever met so I would suspect there is a good chance he picks enough up to play.

• Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This shows Dane Jackson at about 23% separation prevented, and Rasul Douglas at about 71% separation prevented. Huge upgrade.

Benford is actually one of the best in the league at just over 80% separation prevented. He and Douglas make a really nice tandem.

Douglas has absolutely elite processing skills and instincts...some of the plays he makes where he just appears out of nowhere for INTs are pretty special to see. Saw that in the clip I posted above against TEN and even in the INT last year he had against Allen.

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

This shows Dane Jackson at about 23% separation prevented, and Rasul Douglas at about 71% separation prevented. Huge upgrade.

Benford is actually one of the best in the league at just over 80% separation prevented. He and Douglas make a really nice tandem.

Ronald Darby... shut down corner !

1 hour ago, BillsClinton said:

Ronald Darby... shut down corner !

Subbing Rasul for Dane Jackson basically gives the Bills the 3rd best trio of CB's in the NFL behind the Jets and Ravens instantaneously.  Tremendous upgrade by Beane.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Massive, massive upgrade. 

4 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I didn't see Elam on the list.

42 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

He won a SB ring with the Eagles.

So we just added 3 players to this team that have all won Super Bowls

Beane! Do I hear 4?   Suh?

Beane!! Do I hear 5?  Gronk

😎

I actually think they are waiting for Suh's # to come down.

Surprising myself as I HATE him.

But , if it improve the team ... and it would fill that hole /gap quite well

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Subbing Rasul for Dane Jackson basically gives the Bills the 3rd best trio of CB's in the NFL behind the Jets and Ravens instantaneously.  Tremendous upgrade by Beane.

That’s why I want him to play Sunday night. I need him to eat sleep and learn the playbook . He’s a professional and a veteran and I think he can and should play Sunday night.

• Agree 3

23 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

I actually think they are waiting for Suh's # to come down.

Surprising myself as I HATE him.

But , if it improve the team ... and it would fill that hole /gap quite well

I can deal with the team signing guys I dont like based strictly on their on-field play.

It's the off-field scumbags that are tough to get past.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I can deal with the team signing guys I dont like based strictly on their on-field play.

It's the off-field scumbags that are tough to get past.

recent example A

tyreek hill

But , would you ?

Gronk ? and his onfield but out of bounds BS on our Tre ? I will never get over.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, 26TrapDraw said:

That’s why I want him to play Sunday night. I need him to eat sleep and learn the playbook . He’s a professional and a veteran and I think he can and should play Sunday night.

I have read enough times to believe , Bills defense is one of the more complicated ones to learn.

They do a lot of switching pre and post snap , call offs etc.

If it was man coverage, yea

Put the man in the mix

But McDs zone ? I would wait.

at least till next week ! Hah

16 minutes ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

In a nutshell

Am I the only one where the sound cuts out after the reporter asks the question??  I hear the question and then when the player goes to answer the sounds goes mute.  Comes back on when the next question is asked, then goes mute again.  Happens like that for all interviews that are live streamed.

I think he'll really fit in here, but not knowing you were on the block and suddenly getting a phone call that you're gone at 3pm, so what either 1 hour or maybe 2 depending on the time zone, on the deadline day, guy really got blindsided. I can understand why Packers fans are irritated with their GM.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 26TrapDraw said:

That’s why I want him to play Sunday night. I need him to eat sleep and learn the playbook. He’s a professional and a veteran and I think he can and should play Sunday night.

just have him line up on his best side and cover that zone.  Personally, I want him on the other Teams best DB and play zone on that side of the ball.

1 hour ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

just have him line up on his best side and cover that zone.  Personally, I want him on the other Teams best DB and play zone on that side of the ball.

You probably meant best WR and I agree 100 percent. Let him cover Chase. I'm excited that he's here and feel better about our secondary now.

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, 26TrapDraw said:

You probably meant best WR and I agree 100 percent. Let him cover Chase. I'm excited that he's here and feel better about our secondary now.

You guys are nuts if you think they're going to start flipping corners because they added Douglas.

He's a smart, tough player but he's not going to be the best athlete on the field.

Having him chase Ja'marr Chase is not a recipe for defensive success.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Simon said:

You guys are nuts if you think they're going to start flipping corners because they added Douglas.

He's a smart, tough player but he's not going to be the best athlete on the field.

Having him chase Ja'marr Chase is not a recipe for defensive success.

You think Christian Benford is that much better than Douglas?

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, K-9 said:

He’s scheme limited. Great at man, less than average in zone. 

Also usually denotes a guy who might be less than great in the locker room or team buy in...ie, a "me first" kinda player who is more concerned with pro bowls and stats than team accomplishments.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.