Collinsworth in Cincinnati

Low Positive

Bills fans get ready for more Collinsworth:

For Week 16, the SNF team of Mike Tirico, Chris Collinsworth, and Melissa Stark will call the inaugural Peacock game Saturday evening, December 23 between Buffalo and the Los Angeles Chargers. They will not be calling the NBC afternoon game that day of Cincinnati at Pittsburgh, which may come as a surprise to many. [This was announced on SNF 10/29 between Chicago and the Chargers.]

Edited by chongli

Collinsworth talked a ton of ***** about Allen the first couple years. He was huge on the "You can't learn accuracy" train. He's always had an anti-Bills bias to begin with. If you haven't seen it the last 30 years Idk What to tell ya...Were you under a rock perhaps?

Edited by SmokinES3
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

20 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

I’d take Collinsworth any day of the week over an analyst who is boring beyond belief…Troy Aikman. 

I’ll take the boring over the constant Mahomes ballwashing. Even in games that don’t involve Mahomes. Collinsworth is unbearably awful. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

I’ll take the boring over the constant Mahomes ballwashing. Even in games that don’t involve Mahomes. Collinsworth is unbearably awful. 

He'll bring up Mahomes at least 5 times in the game on Sunday night. He used to do that with Tom Brady. 

Not to mention, when I just want to watch TV I have to see crap like this. He never goes away. 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, SmokinES3 said:

Collinsworth talked a ton of ***** about Allen the first couple years. He was huge on the "You can't learn accuracy" train. He's always had an anti-Bills bias to begin with. If you haven't seen it the last 30 years Idk What to tell ya...Were you under a rock perhaps?

So because he didn’t think Allen wasn’t amazing his first couple years, which most non Bills fans didn’t, he hates the Bills? This is how a 10 year old thinks. 99% of the prospects like Allen fail. We got a unicorn. 

if made the same comments about Allen now, then he has an agenda. But man, some of you just love whining about stuff that has nothing to do with today. Also, go to a fun place where you don’t listen to old dudes talk about the game. 

Collinsworth gets worse every year. His talk last week of Tyson Bagent's "Leadership" and how Justin Fields should study Bagent and what he does, was just beyond brutal. The guy played well in one game against the freaking Raiders and Collinsworth was slobbering talking about him. Super annoying 

On 10/31/2023 at 10:08 AM, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

After 2 air yard pass to boyd that goes for 5 yards...

Here's a guy that just gets it.  Perfect throw, perfect pass.  First ballot HOF stuff.  

This is so spot on it's insane lol

Edited by Buffalo03
  • Like (+1) 1

The Bengals Bad Luck Charm - The Draw Play

2022-02-18-CollinsworthBengals.png

Wanna know a fun fact? Cris Collinsworth has now been somehow involved in all 3 Bengals super bowl losses.

So is Cris Collinsworth a bad luck charm or a good luck charm? They’ve only made the Superbowl with him around, but they’ve also never won with him involved. I say the Bengals should hire Cris Collinsworth to work for the front office, and then if they make the Super Bowl, fire him immediately. Bury him in a pit in the ground with no way to watch the game or know the result until after the game has been played. If the Bengals win, then Collinsworth has been the secret all along.

I don't get the hatred not just for Collinsworth but any analyst.  People beeyatch about Collinsworth, Romo, Aikman, you name the guy.  I watch the first half of most Sunday night games, and Collinsworth is fine.  He might say something I disagree with from time to time, but every guy is going to do that.  But when people complain he slobbers over guys like Mahomes, what is supposed to say about a guy that might end up the top rated QB in history when he's done?

Edited by oldmanfan

37 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

You know the refs are bad when you find yourself actually agreeing with Cris Collinsworth all evening.  I feel like hell has frozen over.

Two penalties in particular were terrible. One was roughing the passer and then the intentional grounding ( I am pretty sure Davis screwed up his route on that one)

2 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Two penalties in particular were terrible. One was roughing the passer and then the intentional grounding ( I am pretty sure Davis screwed up his route on that one)

Collinsworth was adamant about the tripping call too, which would have at least put us in FG position and stopped the clock.

The only thing that bothered me tonight was overstating Burrow’s athleticism.

He ran 5 times tonight for 4 yards, a long of 7 yards. He runs a 4.9 40. 

So this calf excuse has gotten really old. 

And if Joe keeps inviting contact like he has been, then someone will eventually lower the boom on Princess. 

19 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

And the taunting penalty!  These big tough football players can't take it when someone points at them?  Do they need a safe space with coloring books and stuffed animals?

The NFL treats taunting worse than unnecessary roughness.  Two taunting penalties and you're ejected.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Joe is a pedestrian athlete.

But they make his running out to be amazing.

He does nothing special at all as a runner. 

Im not saying his rushing is JA like … but he did  what  was required in that area  … 

As far as passing goes .. it was death by a thousand cuts versus someone attacking you with an axe 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.