Matt Milano injury

AZSanta

Hey fellow Bills Mafia. My first time posting a thread here so bear with me if it is not within forum standards. I searched on google for any updates on Milano's injured leg and found nothing significant. Does anyone in hereĀ  have an update on him. Did he have any ligament damage? Was there any surgery on him? McDermott has been annoying vague on this matter. Thanks and Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 5

4 minutes ago, AZSanta said:

Hey fellow Bills Mafia. My first time posting a thread here so bear with me if it is not within forum standards. I searched on google for any updates on Milano's injured leg and found nothing significant. Does anyone in hereĀ  have an update on him. Did he have any ligament damage? Was there any surgery on him? McDermott has been annoying vague on this matter. Thanks and Go Bills!

Ā 

McDermott said "medically it was more complex than I would know how to explain, so can I just classify it like the NHL and just call it lower body?"Ā  It was reported that Milano didn't have any serious ligament damage other than a potential MCL sprain and McD refused to rule him out for the entire season and left the door open for a return at some point late in the year/playoffs. Neither did he rule out Daquan Jones for the entire season and left the door open on a return for him as well.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 6

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Ā 

McDermott said "medically it was more complex than I would know how to explain, so can I just classify it like the NHL and just call it lower body?"Ā  It was reported that Milano didn't have any serious ligament damage other than a potential MCL sprain and McD refused to rule him out for the entire season and left the door open for a return at some point late in the year/playoffs.

its been 3 weeks since the injury. It was a concerning injury since there was talk it might be career threatening. I hope he is good to go next year. He is a huge piece in our defense. I think a more definitive update from the organization would be nice

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

16 minutes ago, AZSanta said:

Ā 

First off, realize that your "annoyingly vague" is a player's "right to medical privacy".

McDermott said that he required surgery, and later that he had had surgery.

That's all we know.

Ā 

Some players don't mind putting out information on medical procedures for fans on their Instagram or other social media.Ā  Milano seems to be a private guy and apparently doesn't want those details out there.

Ā 

If you want to read speculation, try Kyle Trimble

https://bangedupbills.com/2023/10/09/examining-buffalo-bills-matt-milanos-right-knee-injury/

Ā 

The speculation is that it's a tibial plateau fracture that required surgical stabilization.Ā  If the speculation is correct, the indication is that it would be non-weight-bearing for 8 weeks and then rehab to rebuild strength.Ā  6-12 months rehab.

But we really don't know.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 3

I have hope - simply because they haven't ruled him out for the season yet.Ā  I think they would have if it was ligament damage.

Ā 

He's back at the facility, so I'd guess a lot depends on how quickly it heals up.Ā  Everyone is a little different that way.

Ā 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Beck Water said:

Ā 

First off, realize that your "annoyingly vague" is a player's "right to medical privacy".

McDermott said that he required surgery, and later that he had had surgery.

That's all we know.

Ā 

Some players don't mind putting out information on medical procedures for fans on their Instagram or other social media.Ā  Milano seems to be a private guy and apparently doesn't want those details out there.

Ā 

If you want to read speculation, try Kyle Trimble

https://bangedupbills.com/2023/10/09/examining-buffalo-bills-matt-milanos-right-knee-injury/

Im all for a mans privacy and all but there was concern it may be career ending. I dont think we are entitled to anything concerning players injuries but it would nice to know if the man is gonna be able to resume his career.Ā 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, AZSanta said:

its been 3 weeks since the injury. It was a concerning injury since there was talk it might be career threatening. I hope he is good to go next year. He is a huge piece in our defense. I think a more definitive update from the organization would be nice

Ā 

I mean, do you grant a player the right to personal autonomy over whether or not the details of his medical conditions and procedures are released?Ā  It really shouldn't be "up to" the organization other than to name the body part and whether or not he's been place on IR.

Ā 

Im all for a mans privacy and all but there was concern it may be career ending. I dont think we are entitled to anything concerning players injuries but it would nice to know if the man is gonna be able to resume his career.Ā 

Ā 

That may not be known yet.Ā  It's going to depend on how well it heals and how well his rehab progresses.Ā  But I think McDermott is probably being "cagey" in not "ruling out his return".

Ā 

Don't get me wrong, Milano is one of my fave players and I would love to hear positive news about his injury, but "can I resume my football career and play at the same level if I do?" is probably a question Milano himself wishes he knew the answer to at the moment.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

They had to amputate it. Ā Heā€™s six to eight weeks.

No, they removed his spleen silly, and you call yourself a Doc, šŸ˜šŸøšŸš¬

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Beck Water said:

Ā 

I mean, do you grant a player the right to personal autonomy over whether or not the details of his medical conditions and procedures are released?Ā  It's really not "up to" the organization other than to name the body part and whether or not he's been place on IR.

I'm sure i'm not the only person wondering. If it is unethical to be concerned about a players well being ok. As fan we are emotionally invested in this team and its players. I dont think its asking too much for a a more detailed update.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Ā 

I read that Daquan Jones should be back for the playoffs.

I believe it was by Dr. Chao.

Ā 

Could be even sooner than that if he is some super freak healer like the Watt Brothers were...both TJ and JJ returned way before expected with similar injuries.

11 minutes ago, AZSanta said:

Ā 

They don't owe it to anyone under league rules and there is no advantage to doing so, so it's unlikely to happen.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, AZSanta said:

I'm sure i'm not the only person wondering. If it is unethical to be concerned about a players well being ok. As fan we are emotionally invested in this team and its players. I dont think its asking too much for a a more detailed update.

Well actually what you state has no bearing whatsoever on the dissemination of his health information, itā€™s the HIPA laws/regulations that come into play. Just assume he wonā€™t be back till next season, anything earlier is gravy.Ā 

1 minute ago, Don Otreply said:

Well actually what you state has no bearing whatsoever on the dissemination of his health information, itā€™s the HIPA laws/regulations that come into play. Just assume he wonā€™t be back till next season, anything earlier is gravy.Ā 

I agree it may be too soon to know anything anyways. I was hoping someone in here may have heard anything that hasn't already been reported.

• Like (+1) 1

I agree it may be too soon to know anything anyways. I was hoping someone in here may have heard anything that hasn't already been reported.

Itā€™s not an issue of ā€œ too soonā€ itā€™s an issue of it not being any of our business, unless Milano wants to share that information. The team can not disclose any more information without Milano or his representatives stated permission.Ā 

• Like (+1) 1

As far as we know, his ACL and other ligaments are still in tact. I don't expect to see him the rest of the regular season but if we get into the playoffs then I think there's a good chance he can return. It was a leg fracture. So, he should be ok by then I would think

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

As far as we know, his ACL and other ligaments are still in tact. I don't expect to see him the rest of the regular season but if we get into the playoffs then I think there's a good chance he can return. It was a leg fracture. So, he should be ok by then I would think

That would be fantastic. ligament damage was my main concern

Ā 

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Ā 

McDermott said "medically it was more complex than I would know how to explain, so can I just classify it like the NHL and just call it lower body?"Ā  It was reported that Milano didn't have any serious ligament damage other than a potential MCL sprain and McD refused to rule him out for the entire season and left the door open for a return at some point late in the year/playoffs. Neither did he rule out Daquan Jones for the entire season and left the door open on a return for him as well.

Even if there's a 20% chance getting them back by the start of the playoffs,Ā  I'd be ecstatic.Ā 

55 minutes ago, AZSanta said:

Ā 

It's not a problem to ask or be concerned, and yeah, we would all like to know.

Ā 

It would be unethical for the club to put a more detailed update out without the player's explicit permission, and like I said, Milano seems to be a private kind of guy off the field.

24 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

From what Iā€™d read, sounded like only a very slim chance Milano could be back if we made a deep playoff run. Ā DaQuan had the greater chance of being back late in season or playoffs, but would likely still be at less than full strength then.

Ā 

DaQuan Jones could well be back.Ā  When Feliciano tore his pec and had surgery at the end of July, 2020 he played 100% of the snaps Nov 1st after his 3 week "designated to return" period.Ā  So about 12 weeks to heal and then to do some strength training, which would put us to Week 17.Ā  But he said later he was just doing some minimal weight and really didn't have the strength.

Ā 

It really depends upon the location of the tear and the grade of the tear, as well as how effective Jones and the Bills think he can be after limited time to rebuilt his strength.

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Ā 

Could be even sooner than that if he is some super freak healer like the Watt Brothers were...both TJ and JJ returned way before expected with similar injuries.

Ā 

They don't owe it to anyone under league rules and there is no advantage to doing so, so it's unlikely to happen.

Hell, most players seem to be coming back early from everything. I remember thinking I wasn't going to see Ramsey until I was opening Christmas presents.

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

When you are as chock full of HGH as the Watt brothers, you can heal faster from anything!šŸ’‰šŸ’‰šŸ’‰

Edited by Special K
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Ā 

Remembers reporters can report info released to them illegally and cover up crime "protecting the source".

1 hour ago, krf139 said:

This regime claims the fans are ā€œfamilyā€ yet refuse to provide information about injuries. Of course the Buffalo media just let them do it and donā€™t bother trying to get answersĀ 

Ā 

Sometimes family members have big mouths and do not deserve to be kept in loop.

A number of public officials have kept family members in loop and then later on were investigated for it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.