Is the season beginning to unravel?   

181 members have voted

1. 1. Is the season unraveling?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Is Miami going to take the East?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Is Buffalo going to be able to sneak into the playoffs as a wild card?

• Yes
    • No
    • We will still win the division

This season goes as good as it gets (minus the injuries). 

Either we get into PO by beating the best teams in the league on the road (Bengals, Eagles, Chiefs, Chargers, Dolphins) with a chance to get hot in the right time, or we don't and then we start firing people and most of TBD will be happy.

17 minutes ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

This was the easiest part of the schedule and we look terrible. I wonder if McDemotts voice has gotten stale in the locker room. They play with no intensity, they can’t tackle at all and after every bad offensive series Josh just sits there on the sidelines, no coaching, no tablet, nothing. Allowing a swing pass on the first play of the final series to go for almost 40 yards is really poor. 

That has been hurting them, but with your 4 best defensive players out, that happens. Teams may have started to figure out Bernard.  Jones being out is a huge loss.

Part about Allen just sitting there is interesting, hadn't thought about it prior.  Is he told the coaching staff, he's getting too much info and it's overwhelming him and confusing things more.  Or did Dorsey tell the other coaches to leave him alone, something else going on?

5 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Well they did lose three pro bowlers in two weeks.  Maybe some adjustments will be successful.  And in case you hadn’t checked 17 is currently being dragged, not dragging anything.

But you’re not replacing that. The defense only can handle so much attrition and the talent across the board isn’t as high as 21’ because you have to pay 17. Not complaining he does a ton and he prob can do enough to make the playoffs. But the circumstances are vastly different this go around.

1 minute ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

That has been hurting them, but with your 4 best defensive players out, that happens. Teams may have started to figure out Bernard.  Jones being out is a huge loss.

Part about Allen just sitting there is interesting, hadn't thought about it prior.  Is he told the coaching staff, he's getting too much info and it's overwhelming him and confusing things more.  Or did Dorsey tell the other coaches to leave him alone, something else going on?

I have seen a lot of teams go through injuries and adversity, but still win/play well. I don't feel like the injuries should be an excuse, especially against bad teams like The Pats and Giants. It should not have come down to the wire against both teams. I just feel disgusted right now.

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, corta765 said:

But you’re not replacing that. The defense only can handle so much attrition and the talent across the board isn’t as high as 21’ because you have to pay 17. Not complaining he does a ton and he prob can do enough to make the playoffs. But the circumstances are vastly different this go around.

I understand replacement is impossible but there can be improvements in scheming, etc. based on personnel.  Maybe Dorian Williams or Elam improve as they go. 

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

I understand replacement is impossible but there can be improvements in scheming, etc. based on personnel.  Maybe Dorian Williams or Elam improve as they go. 

I’m sorry but I just don’t see it. The collective talent and cohesiveness in 21’ is above anything put out this year. I’m sure the D will get righted to some extent and the offense stops sleepwalking through the 1st half, but the fundamental issues are larger and more severe now.

38 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Yes for the first three weeks of the season, lately haven't looked that good.  Have teams figured out Torrance, maybe?  Dawkins lately has been playing like he was last year.  Not sure what the issue is?

yeah....all I can say is, O-Lines are just weird. Seems like the same line can go great-terrible week to week in the NFL. I was feeling pretty great about this O-Line before. Hopefully they'll round back into form sooner than later

2 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Beginning to unravel? It started when White blew out his Achilles and the season was over when Jones and Milano went down. 

It's sad because McD will get another pass due to injuries and we will be stuck with him for 2024.

I'm curious, if not McDonald, who comes in, with this team and makes a difference?  

Just now, chaccof said:

I'm curious, if not McDonald, who comes in, with this team and makes a difference?  

Lincoln Riley would be my first target.  He will want out of USC as soon as Williams leaves.  Maybe Ryan Day.  Any number of OC across the league.  

We have seen the ceiling with McD.  Time to try someone else.  

2 hours ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

I know a lot of people will point to 2021 being the year that the Bills should've won the SB.

We started that season 7-6 and looked a lot like we do so far this season. Wildly inconsistent on offense, some terrible defensive games, and losing some very winnable close games. 

Just gotta make the playoffs and anything can happen 

Our oline really stepped it up at the end of that year. That was the difference in the shaky start and us being white hot heading into the playoffs that year. 

2 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

A loss on Thursday and I would say the season is on the brink of unraveling. A solid win on Thursday the Bills sit at 5-3 with a “mini-bye and the chance to bring in some help at the trade deadline. Concern should set in, panic? Not yet.

A loss on Thursday and we are realistically out of the playoffs.

The schedule is too hard to dig out of the hole.

• 2 weeks later...

That would be a yes, yes, no.  McDermott's legacy after he's fired will not be getting the Bills out of the drought.  It will be him completely destroying Josh's best years.  Breathe that in....

3 minutes ago, NyQuil said:

30 more minutes and the train is going to be completely off the tracks.

McDermott has taken this team as far as he can.

Josh has taken this team as far as he can despite an incompetent defensive HC obsessed with failed defensive acquisitions and poor game management decisions. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, cantankerous said:

It's over. This team isn't good enough. Josh Allen is a head case. The defense can't stop anyone, especially when it matters. Gabe Davis disappears week to week. We have way too many weak spots to compete for a SB. 

Where does McDermott rank on your list?  

It's interesting, many here will list 20 things but he won't ever be on the list.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

It's interesting, many here will list 20 things but he won't ever be on the list.  

McDermott in my opinion is not the problem. Do I wish this team had more of a killer instinct? Yes. Can he improve his decision making? Yes. Has he been the biggest reason the bills have lost games this year? No.

McDermott essentially lost his josh allen, diggs, and Dawkins of the defense. 

In my opinion the largest problem has been josh Allen's play. Not taking profits and bad turnovers. And I'm no professional but if you listen or watch any bills content from bills analysts the common denominator in the losses is josh playing a bad game.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

46 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

He sucks. He's a good coach, but gets outcoached in the biggest games year after year. I think it's time to move on. Find an offensive mind who's willing to take on this shîthole of a franchise. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Yes.  Time to sit josh and get a better pick almost.   If we don't win next 2 shut him down. 

4 minutes ago, cantankerous said:

He sucks. He's a good coach, but gets outcoached in the biggest games year after year. I think it's time to move on. Find an offensive mind who's willing to take on this shîthole of a franchise. 

He needs to go 

No, I don't feel like we're unravelling, I mean it sucks we lost but we probably score there if Kincaid didn't fumble (Which sucks becuase he was so good other than that) and then we scored the drive after the bengals scored. I think once Joseph and Douglas get used to the new playbook it will help settle the defense a bit. I don't see the Dolphins taking the division over us but who knows. I think we sneak into the playoffs and hopefully by then we can gel at just the right time.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.