Bills @ Patriots Post game thread

BuffaloBill

Just now, Dan said:

Just here to say… I’m officially on the get a new OC bandwagon.  This is the second year in a row… we came out of the gates looking unstoppable. Only to hit a big slump in the middle of the season. Defenses are jumping routes, shutting down the run, and playing half a step ahead of our offense.  And Dorsey has no adjustments to make.  

Add in the obligatory defensive meltdown at just the right times… and here we are.  

Struggling to look competent.  All too often the team looks unfocused, slow, and just out of sync on offense.  The defense is good, but one player misses a tackle and they give up 30 yard runs when they need 1 stop. 

I'm starting to hate McDermott being HC and running the defense as well. He has even less a hand on everything than he did before.

Just now, IronyAbounds said:

It could be that Allen's style of play just isn't sustainable over a long career. He has to run to be most effective and he keeps getting banged up with injuries that aren't enough to keep him out of games but hurt his performance.

I don’t give a crap. His legs make him dangerous.

at LEAST roll him out! Do something!

6 minutes ago, Olliemets said:

My .02 is this is more on the offense...although ST and D failed.

Sleepwalking through 3 quarters tired out an already underwhelmingdefense.

Not that they should've let Mac Jones look like Brady.

This one is on the Defense which is mangled but still against that team still should have done better than stopping them a few times or holding them to FGs and then TDs. Offense could have been better obviously but they moved the ball most of the day struggled to punch it into the endzone in the 1st half, which I'm betting is something NE might still be good at, turned it on at the end.

Bright side for me was the Offense did look more consistent at times when the O-line could keep it's ***** together, they spread the ball around and got everyone involved.

Just now, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I already know the Bills are not winning it this year, too many injuries and poor coaching. Neither team is doing anything in the next 2 years anyway. The Patriots picking in the top 4 would give them a chance at one of those QB’s, glad I don’t have to worry about that anymore 

I wanted a top 3 pick but now I’d be happy with an OT and maybe Mcacrthy in the 2nd. 

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

Just here to say… I’m officially on the get a new OC bandwagon.  This is the second year in a row… we came out of the gates looking unstoppable. Only to hit a big slump in the middle of the season. Defenses are jumping routes, shutting down the run, and playing half a step ahead of our offense.  And Dorsey has no adjustments to make.  

Add in the obligatory defensive meltdown at just the right times… and here we are.  

Struggling to look competent.  All too often the team looks unfocused, slow, and just out of sync on offense.  The defense is good, but one player misses a tackle and they give up 30 yard runs when they need 1 stop. 

We need to run more no huddle or at least have some sense of urgency with each possession. Less time for Dorsey to think is better 

• Agree 1

Just now, DapperCam said:

Because he catches almost everything.

If you are by far the best more reliable WR, then you get a little bit of slack.

Fair point, but he's been dropping more than usual of late (which says a lot about how much he usually catches). Maybe something off with Josh's trajectory? Don't know.

I know I am oversimplyfying things a bit but I see the Bills taking one of three paths going forward

1. Stay the course, the ship will right itself as some of the injured players like Oliver will be back soon.

2. Make a major trade at the deadline to fix the more signficant holes; meaning giving up one or two high round draft picks.

3. Recognize the current make-up of this team including the cap problems prevent this team from going all the way. Thus one needs to think do they go for a 2, 3 or even 4  year plan where they trade or cut pieces that won't be here and try and load up on draft picks. 

Included in any of the above would be some coaching changes but outside of the O coordinator I don't see coaching changes altering the fundamental problems with this team.

How many stops did McDermott's D get in this game? This could be the worst loss in his time as coach. Team is banged up on D, but fails to come up big on both sides of the ball. Season is slipping away fast, and changes will be needed to try to fix this mess (probably offseason).

1 minute ago, TheWeatherMan said:

middle of the first round??  You’re only winning one more game this year and that’s against the Bills in Buffalo.  

We face the Giants and Jets again they could win those 2.. be 4 wins and I said even in the middle of the round.. heck they may be able get him in the 2nd..

1 minute ago, Billz4ever said:

Fire Dorsey trending on Twitter.  

I don't think that's the answer right now, but something has to be done. This offense sleep walking through 3 quarters week after week isn't going to cut it.

Wondering why McD is so involved on the headset between offensive plays?  He covers his mouth like he's doing the playcalling?!?!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, entropyrules said:

I know I am oversimplyfying things a bit but I see the Bills taking one of three paths going forward

1. Stay the course, the ship will right itself as some of the injured players like Oliver will be back soon.

2. Make a major trade at the deadline to fix the more signficant holes; meaning giving up one or two high round draft picks.

3. Recognize the current make-up of this team including the cap problems prevent this team from going all the way. Thus one needs to think do they go for a 2, 3 or even 4  year plan where they trade or cut pieces that won't be here and try and load up on draft picks. 

Included in any of the above would be some coaching changes but outside of the O coordinator I don't see coaching changes altering the fundamental problems with this team.

That's not a thing a team does with a franchise QB.

Edited by Warcodered

23 minutes ago, Buffalo Dude said:

Refs shady

Bills outplayed. 

why was flag picked up?

All true. I wanted McDermy gone after 13 seconds.. the Pats executed a screen for 40 yards .. that is a very predictable call. Flag picked up is a joke as BB had worked the refs when we had the ball on our final drive. The PI on Benford also was weak. All that is true but time for McDermy to go!!!

2 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

I'm starting to hate McDermott being HC and running the defense as well. He has even less a hand on everything than he did before.

Agree, he is running the team as defense first, play for low score.   Problem is we need to go offense first, let defense hold on.  Crazy.

2 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

I don't think that's the answer right now, but something has to be done. This offense sleep walking through 3 quarters week after week isn't going to cut it.

It’s absolutely the right answer. He doesn’t deserve to the the Gatorade boy at this point. 

Just now, RG Murdock said:

Does the rest of season really matter at this point? Bills are no better than the 10th best team in the AFC. Am I wrong? How do the Bills crack the top 5 and make the playoffs?

Chiefs

Dolphins

Ravens

Jags

Bengal's

Jets

Chargers

Steelers

Browns

Bills

Without changes, I don't think we make the playoffs. Not with the schedule we have coming up.

Okay, I'm not blaming the Ineligible Man Downfield, because we should focus on Dorsey, and not stopping Mac Jones despite the irrelevant action of the the center on the penalty play. I wouldn't even worry too much if they didn't throw a flag since it would feel like begging and it didn't influence the play.

But they did throw a flag, so why did they call it off?  Center is across the 26 prior to release, ball was snapped inside the 25. Any rules guys know if there is some technicality that I'm not aware of? Is it because the ball was caught behind the line of scrimmage? Or was this a mistake by the official to call off the flag that was thrown? They never went to any rules official discussion on the telecast as the Pats were in hurry up, but it woudl have been nice had this been enforced.

ineligible.thumb.jpg.90798f2c05a7c2268162162b4d985b6b.jpg

Edited by Koufax
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

The most annoying thing is the offense suddenly clicked into gear with fast, no huddle play in the fourth. Where was that for the rest of the game?

Is the offense being neutered to try and protect the defense? The best thing to do at the moment, if so, is to try and win shootouts.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.