JA and company are locking in on Diggs to a fault and here is the proof watch the whole thing

Coldfronts

5 hours ago, BananaB said:

If Brown can’t do his job they gotta start exploring other options. I like the 12 personnel but we gotta do more with it then help out the RT. We have a  highly paid TE and a 1st round Te hardly being used in the passing game. 

FWIW, Knox has 25 targets and Kincaid 19.  That's more than any receiver not named Diggs or Davis (and Knox is only 5 targets behind Davis)

The problem with Knox is that he's back down at a 56% catch rate after improving to 69% and 74% in 2021 and 2022; he's also back up to a 12% drop % after bringing it down to 5-6% the last 2 years.  3 drops out of 25 targets is no bueno.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

When Erik shows the EZ view there's a clear window and throwing lane to Shakir.

The RPO at 10:00 where Josh pulls it and throws to Diggs when there's a light box and Cook could get some yards has me SMH

I don't disagree that he was open, it's just looking at that part of the video it doesn't look like his head is looking toward Diggs first it goes there second. Which yeah clearly it would have been better if he'd gone to Shakir at any point sooner since he was open. I'm just not sure he's right saying Allen just stared down Diggs the entire time on that play.

Forgot to mention in my earlier post that JA17 still has a ways to go before he is able to properly read the field….like Brady, Brees, or P Manning could….and make a throw to the “best” option. This video analysis makes that abundantly clear. This is sort of surprising since he’s in his what, 6th year? But it is what it is; the tape doesn’t lie.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

at 17:00 or so we faced man coverage and people were covered, josh had a huge running late to his left.

if he can just identify man coverage and his general advantage or disadvantage, and green lights himself a few more times, we win this and the jags game in a laugher.

• Like (+1) 1

I have a couple conspiracy theories to throw out there. 

1) Diggs has been bitching so much, that Allen went nuts and fed him the ball every possible play to show him he isn’t the answer.

or 

2) After the Davis fumble, Josh officially went off the rails and decided to FORCE the coaches to put somebody else in the routes because he wouldn’t throw to anybody but Diggs to get Davis off the field.  I tend to think it’s this version.   Davis has let him down SO much, I wonder if JA isn’t trying to get them to play somebody else and they blatantly refuse to do it, this was Josh’s stage to show the staff he’s done w him. 

I know it sounds off, but maybe JA isn’t the choir boy we are led to believe and the Diggs comments this off-season seemed to point to that too.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, colin said:

at 17:00 or so we faced man coverage and people were covered, josh had a huge running late to his left.

if he can just identify man coverage and his general advantage or disadvantage, and green lights himself a few more times, we win this and the jags game in a laugher.

He has refused to run in so many cases this year, should have won the Jets game if he had just taken what was clear field ahead of him, instead he turned the ball over.

• Like (+1) 1

Thanks for posting this but I think I have a Different take away

yes I feel we were WAYYY to stef reliant and that was probably the game plan given their terrible defense we figured our biggest playmaker would burn them.  

BUT

I noticed something I was suspicious about 

KC guys tend to get it that the play breaks down more often than not and know when to find the open areas of the field - turn around or run to the open spot and then Josh or Mahomes can find them.

sadly I don’t see Dawson Knox, have Davis or shakir with that kind of awareness needed in some of these circumstances

i saw a handful on this video of guys that had INCREDIBLE space to just sit in and they keep running a terrible route when Josh was running to buy time

rhe only one consistently aware was?

you guessed it - Stefan Diggs

he started playing like a pick up basketball game and getting open.  The other guys?  They don’t have that awareness

31 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

He has refused to run in so many cases this year, should have won the Jets game if he had just taken what was clear field ahead of him, instead he turned the ball over.

I’m with you guys and wondering how much I’d this is he is being TOLD NOT TO RUN?

You’re looking at the symptom instead of the disease.

Diggs is the only receiver on this team that gets consistent separation. 

This has resulted in Allen targeting Diggs repeatedly in man coverage. In zone coverage, he starts to get the others more involved.

One difference from last season (at least the first half of the season) is Allen targeted Gabe deep, in man coverage, more often. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffaloman said:

I can't believe that Dorsey is calling 16 pass plays to Diggs, I think Josh goes rogue and plays hero regardless of the call! 

Especially when Diggs is double covered on most of those plays

This is where my theory of Josh either forcing it to Diggs to shut him up or forcing it to Diggs to send the message that he’s done w the other guys comes from. 

14 hours ago, BananaB said:

Not in those words. Basically said they are rotating guys and some more than others each week. Feels they are all really good players and wants to keep them all involved. That’s talking about a third target.

I’m not complaining about targets to Diggs, so I don’t have a clue why you did all that research….  I said I think it’s more beneficial for the O if we focus on one guy as third target on a week to week basis so him and Josh gain more chemistry. Cut down the rotation  and let one guy do the job

My point - they may be rotating guys but not rotating targets as you suggest.  There is no variety in the game plan despite what Dorsey says.  

• Eyeroll 1

19 hours ago, Coldfronts said:

The “proof” is that many designed pass plays have Diggs as the primary receiver because he’s an All Pro and working on a HOF career. Since he’s Allen’s 1st read, if he’s open, he’s getting the pass from the hottest arm in football. If you have the strange need to ‘blame’ somebody for them utilizing a HOFer regularly, blame yourself for not understanding football.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

There is so much over simplification of NFL offenses on this board where everything is boiled down to "well Diggs is the first read" or something similar.

And while yes, most passing plays will be designed to get your best player open/the ball, everything changes as soon as the QB gets to the line of scrimmage. The read changes based on pre snap coverages, and post snap movement. NFL offenses and defenses are wildly complicated.

For all the videos and breakdowns most of us watch on this board this one surprises me. How many live plays or film reviews have we seen where Romo, the Mannings, or Warner go "The play is designed to go to player x. But based on the coverage  the QB should know that they are going to take that away, and should be looking to go to player y with the ball". 

Yes I think we can upgrade some of the skill players, but I also think we need to execute better. There is more production in this group than we are getting. Both things can be true at the same time. We have invested a lot in TE and pass catching RB's since the day McBeane got here. But we never ever get them the ball. This isn't the kind of problem that is answered with a simple "well we need better players". This is an error on both the coaching staff and player execution. I think one hand washes the other here. 

Also, it is mid-season, there is no "replacing Davis" or "firing Dorsey" that is going to improve week 7. But executing better will. 

19 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Dorsey is the issue.  He is stubborn and despite the fact there are things where we are more effective, he goes away from them.  Under center Allen and the offense has been much better...yet Dorsey is obsessed with the stupid Shotgun for everything, even a goal and inches call like an idiot.  

Its Dorsey.  

I know right !?!  Why’d he force him to throw that roll out to knox in the dirt when knox had 5 yards of separation to seal the game. 

and why’d he make him under throw two college open TDs to Diggs which instead both lead to no points and 1 turnover. 

poor Josh, he’s just a victim here, just like he was a victim of daboll when he was here or McDermott or Frazier …. or …. maybe he has some culpability in the offensive woes too. Cover one points out a number of miscues on his part.  No one gets a pass after the last two offensive performances. 

Especially not $250 million Hollywood

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1

21 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

If you want to someone to catch to the ball, look for Diggs. Knox and Gabe are iffy pass catchers. I wouldn't trust them either...

This has been a known issue and I do wish Beane pushes harder during the offseason for WR2. Kincaid is nice, but he isn't WR2 and neither is Davis....

Beane’s “turn a blind eye” approach to WR2 ranks up there with heading into the season with Nate Peterman and rookie Josh Allen. 

Utterly stupid. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Bob Jones said:

Really enjoyed watching this. IMHO, the guy does a great job explaining how & why the Bills offense is so inept.

And yes, it is also noted that the Giants defense did a really good job, but I think the schemes, and subsequently, the plays, by the Bills are garbage. They definitely need to bring in an offensive guru who won't put 3 receivers in a 10 yard circle, for one. 

Do you understand the reasoning behind the design of the concept?

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

The “proof” is that many designed pass plays have Diggs as the primary receiver because he’s an All Pro and working on a HOF career. Since he’s Allen’s 1st read, if he’s open, he’s getting the pass from the hottest arm in football. If you have the strange need to ‘blame’ somebody for them utilizing a HOFer regularly, blame yourself for not understanding football.

This is where I’m at lol I just don’t get it…if you’ve got diggs with an opportunity to catch the ball why would you pass it up to potentially target Davis or Knox….I think he’s gonna build a rapport with Kincaid too since he’s as sure handed as anybody 

plays have broken down nonstop the last two weeks I’d be lookin to diggs every time too.  Can’t roll the dice on guys that can’t even catch wide open passes when you’ve got a limited number of chances to move the ball downfield the way the oline is playing

7 minutes ago, HoofHearted said:

Do you understand the reasoning behind the design of the concept?

I haven’t watched the video yet but I have seen people falsely criticizing multiple plays designed as a dumpoff to a rb with receivers in tight to block for them haha im gonna guess it’s that before watching 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, eball said:

Diggs is open all the time.  You'd prefer we look elsewhere first?

Of course he is NOT open all the time. But I don't recall INTs and forced throws because Josh ONLY focused on Diggs. So where's the issue? And JOsh has spread the ball around, even though Diggs is getting the greater chunk of them. #1 WR are #1 for a reason...

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, DCofNC said:

I have a couple conspiracy theories to throw out there. 

1) Diggs has been bitching so much, that Allen went nuts and fed him the ball every possible play to show him he isn’t the answer.

or 

2) After the Davis fumble, Josh officially went off the rails and decided to FORCE the coaches to put somebody else in the routes because he wouldn’t throw to anybody but Diggs to get Davis off the field.  I tend to think it’s this version.   Davis has let him down SO much, I wonder if JA isn’t trying to get them to play somebody else and they blatantly refuse to do it, this was Josh’s stage to show the staff he’s done w him. 

I know it sounds off, but maybe JA isn’t the choir boy we are led to believe and the Diggs comments this off-season seemed to point to that too.

Or maybe... they played more man coverage than usual.  And our man beater is diggs.  

Nobody is thinking about personal BS when they're playing QB, and if they are they probably are very bad at QB.  Some poor play calls and spacing.  Drops and fumbles.  Some challenging man coverage (i think harty played 12 snaps and whenever he ran a route he was held).  And some missed reads by Allen.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

Of course he is NOT open all the time. But I don't recall INTs and forced throws because Josh ONLY focused on Diggs. So where's the issue? And JOsh has spread the ball around, even though Diggs is getting the greater chunk of them. #1 WR are #1 for a reason...

This is all overblown…josh got baited into a slant by a LB that dropped out late in the last game but I haven’t really noticed a lot of forcing the ball anywhere since week 1 where he was forcing it deep

there was a play people are angry about where josh supposedly threw it to a double covered diggs but diggs had the double coverage beat for a td and the ball was exactly where it needed to be he just got held(no call of course). Davis was also open for a big gain on the first drive but he clearly got held(no call of course). Refs made this game look worse than it was by letting defenders absolutely manhandle passcatchers 

5 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Or maybe... they played more man coverage than usual.  And our man beater is diggs.  

Nobody is thinking about personal BS when they're playing QB, and if they are they probably are very bad at QB.  Some poor play calls and spacing.  Drops and fumbles.  Some challenging man coverage (i think harty played 12 snaps and whenever he ran a route he was held).  And some missed reads by Allen.  

The holding was insane in this game lol had my conspiracy theory bells ringing that they were sick of blowout primetime games..  bills receivers were getting held all night.  Hilariously ironic that the controversy of this game is one uncalled hold when there were dozens most of which were not in the bills favor 

1 minute ago, High Football IQ said:

Ya think?

This whole offense that this clown Dorsey is running consists of running the same handful of plays over and over again:

- Pass the ball to Diggs every other play

- shotgun run up the middle for 2 yards

- stupid gadget play to Harty for negative yards

- 2 yard pass to Knox/Kindcaid

A pop warner coaching staff would have more success in Buffalo with this team than the current staff.

calm down filthy beast.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

This is all overblown…josh got baited into a slant by a LB that dropped out late in the last game but I haven’t really noticed a lot of forcing the ball anywhere since week 1 where he was forcing it deep

there was a play people are angry about where josh supposedly threw it to a double covered diggs but diggs had the double coverage beat for a td and the ball was exactly where it needed to be he just got held(no call of course). Davis was also open for a big gain on the first drive but he clearly got held(no call of course). Refs made this game look worse than it was by letting defenders absolutely manhandle passcatchers 

The holding was insane in this game lol had my conspiracy theory bells ringing that they were sick of blowout primetime games..  bills receivers were getting held all night.  Hilariously ironic that the controversy of this game is one uncalled hold when there were dozens most of which were not in the bills favor 

I know in that cover1 video there's the one where he overthrows diggs (who beat his double team) and its like where else should he go?  And you see harty running up field 20 yards down the field getting absolutely molested the entire way to his break, into his break, out of his break.  Like cmon now.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

I know in that cover1 video there's the one where he overthrows diggs (who beat his double team) and its like where else should he go?  And you see harty running up field 20 yards down the field getting absolutely molested the entire way to his break, into his break, out of his break.  Like cmon now.  

Yea that’s the play I was talking about…diggs got held which slowed him down a lot…didn’t look like an overthrow to me at all.  Either way that was the right decision because diggs beat his man(men) anyway and nobody else did 😂

17 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

Ya think?

This whole offense that this clown Dorsey is running consists of running the same handful of plays over and over again:

- Pass the ball to Diggs every other play

- shotgun run up the middle for 2 yards

- stupid gadget play to Harty for negative yards

- 2 yard pass to Knox/Kindcaid

A pop warner coaching staff would have more success in Buffalo with this team than the current staff.

Not trying to say Dorsey is good by any means but it’s hard to evaluate a play caller when his offensive line is getting absolutely smoked.  All the supposedly great OCs have looked like absolute poop in the games that happens to them too.  Plays have broken down so fast the last two weeks that who even knows what the play design was…and josh is obviously going to look for diggs when sh*t goes sideways haha

a good amount of these plays where he ends up going to diggs are backyard football type broken plays. when we have been steadier up front josh has spread the ball a lot 

the funny thing for me about Dorsey is any time he happens to dosomething right it feels like our players absolutely botch the execution 😂

Daboll/martindale def modeled their defense after those kc playoff defenses that frustrated him when he was with buffalo…line the DT up right over center and play man and hold like crazy on the back end.  Refs allowed a lot of it both ways making that game a lot uglier than it needed to be (less flags though) can’t help but think we would’ve won pretty comfortably if they called holding a little tighter.  You’re pretty much taking all the man beaters away when you play that way just gotta hope you get away with it…diggs is so good though that he can still get some separation so he was pretty much the only option 

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I know right !?!  Why’d he force him to throw that roll out to knox in the dirt when knox had 5 yards of separation to seal the game. 

and why’d he make him under throw two college open TDs to Diggs which instead both lead to no points and 1 turnover. 

poor Josh, he’s just a victim here, just like he was a victim of daboll when he was here or McDermott or Frazier …. or …. maybe he has some culpability in the offensive woes too. Cover one points out a number of miscues on his part.  No one gets a pass after the last two offensive performances. 

Especially not $250 million Hollywood

You realize EVERY QB in NFL history, the greatest of them all, has 1000 of these plays on their resumes right?  But you see that is the point..Allen must PERFECT (which is physically impossible) to over come the offensive issues of this team that start with the Dorsey. 

PS:  I can name a LOT more bad Dorsey calls than bad Allen throws.  

PS2:  Short or not, Knox had both hands on the ball and didn't catch it, thats on him to make that play with what he is making.  QB job is put the ball where its catchable...it was more than catchable.  Could it have been a better throw, sure, but it was still where it needed to be for Knox to make the play in which he didn't.  

PS3:  On one of those Diggs throw it was caught and stupid redzone offensive design is why we did not come away with points.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You realize EVERY QB in NFL history, the greatest of them all, has 1000 of these plays on their resumes right?  But you see that is the point..Allen must PERFECT (which is physically impossible) to over come the offensive issues of this team that start with the Dorsey. 

PS:  I can name a LOT more bad Dorsey calls than bad Allen throws.  

PS2:  Short or not, Knox had both hands on the ball and didn't catch it, thats on him to make that play with what he is making.  QB job is put the ball where its catchable...it was more than catchable.  Could it have been a better throw, sure, but it was still where it needed to be for Knox to make the play in which he didn't.  

PS3:  On one of those Diggs throw it was caught and stupid redzone offensive design is why we did not come away with points.  

Dorsey has issues, so do the WRs and so absolutely does the most highly compensated member of the franchise. 

He didn’t deliver in specifically 2 big moments, to win the Jax game and to close the giants game. If homers want to give him a pass and pin it on everyone else that’s up to you, but completely intellectually dishonest. 

maybe a little more indulgence on film and he doesn’t blow that RPO read and hands it to cook for a big gain instead of throwing to Diggs for a two yard loss or hits Shakir wide open in the flat for a big gain instead of locking onto a guy in triple coverage. There’s more issues here than play design. Cover 1 dig an excellent job point it out 

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 2

17 hours ago, Beck Water said:

FWIW, Knox has 25 targets and Kincaid 19.  That's more than any receiver not named Diggs or Davis (and Knox is only 5 targets behind Davis)

The problem with Knox is that he's back down at a 56% catch rate after improving to 69% and 74% in 2021 and 2022; he's also back up to a 12% drop % after bringing it down to 5-6% the last 2 years.  3 drops out of 25 targets is no bueno.

Yes, through 6 weeks Diggs has the same targets as he did through 6 weeks last season.  The ball is being spread just as much as it was last year.  Nobody said anything last year about it but one person says something and it gets parroted around lol.

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Yes, through 6 weeks Diggs has the same targets as he did through 6 weeks last season.  The ball is being spread just as much as it was last year.  Nobody said anything last year about it but one person says something and it gets parroted around lol.

Actually.....by midseason last year, it was being said that the Bills offense was one very good receiver named Diggs and nothing much behind him.

Which is of course why in the offseason, Beane swapped McKenzie for Harty (theoretically a higher-ceiling and more versatile upgrade), swapped Kumerow for Sherfield (again, while not a great receiver, an upgrade as Sherfield can actually play WR), and drafted Kincaid.

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Actually.....by midseason last year, it was being said that the Bills offense was one very good receiver named Diggs and nothing much behind him.

Which is of course why in the offseason, Beane swapped McKenzie for Harty (theoretically a higher-ceiling and more versatile upgrade), swapped Kumerow for Sherfield (again, while not a great receiver, an upgrade as Sherfield can actually play WR), and drafted Kincaid.

Yes we all knew  we needed an upgrade at receiver.  Nobody was saying things like "Allen locks on to Diggs too much."  In fact other seasons people were bitching that we werent getting the ball to Diggs enough and that other #1's get the ball.

Edited by Scott7975

6 hours ago, Buffaloman said:

I can't believe that Dorsey is calling 16 pass plays to Diggs, I think Josh goes rogue and plays hero regardless of the call! 

Especially when Diggs is double covered on most of those plays

I commend to you the excellent breakdown of our first half passing plays by @HoofHearted in the "Anyone at the game or with all-22" thread

Diggs is not double covered on all of those plays, and when he is double covered, it doesn't mean that he isn't open.

Diggs is often the first read.  He is also (deservedly) the first player Josh looks to when the play breaks down and its scramble rules.

Josh is not "going rogue" and "playing hero regardless of the call".

He does sometimes wait a bit too long for a deep option to develop (not always to Diggs), or work to extend the play,  when he could and probably should take his outlet receiver - one could call that "playing hero".   He doesn't do it as often or as consistently as he used to, but he still does it more than I'd like.

9 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Yes we all knew  we needed an upgrade at receiver.  Nobody was saying things like "Allen locks on to Diggs too much."

I guess, to me, if you're saying that the offense is one very good receiver named Diggs and nothing much behind him, it follows that the QB will be locking on to that very good receiver named Diggs too much.

I can't tell if this is a semantic issue between us, or if you perceive a very real difference that isn't clear to me?

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Dorsey has issues, so do the WRs and so absolutely does the most highly compensated member of the franchise. 

He didn’t deliver in specifically 2 big moments, to win the Jax game and to close the giants game. If homers want to give him a pass and pin it on everyone else that’s up to you, but completely intellectually dishonest. 

maybe a little more indulgence on film and he doesn’t blow that RPO read and hands it to cook for a big gain instead of throwing to Diggs for a two yard loss or hits Shakir wide open in the flat for a big gain instead of locking onto a guy in triple coverage. There’s more issues here than play design. Cover 1 dig an excellent job point it out 

Oh now you did it, you can’t blame JA.  I actually agree though, he has lost 2 games this year and almost made it 3 with poor execution/decisions.  He’s one of the best on the planet when he’s on, when he’s not, he’s really not good enough.  He needs to bring the floor up.

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Einstein said:

You’re looking at the symptom instead of the disease.

Diggs is the only receiver on this team that gets consistent separation. 

This has resulted in Allen targeting Diggs repeatedly in man coverage. In zone coverage, he starts to get the others more involved.

One difference from last season (at least the first half of the season) is Allen targeted Gabe deep, in man coverage, more often. 

he’s forcing the ball to a well covered Diggs more often each week

15 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Oh now you did it, you can’t blame JA.  I actually agree though, he has lost 2 games this year and almost made it 3 with poor execution/decisions.  He’s one of the best on the planet when he’s on, when he’s not, he’s really not good enough.  He needs to bring the floor up.

So you're blaming Allen for the Jags loss?  Incredible. 

For the record, if we're able to add one more QUALITY play maker and fix the O line so that it's at least AVERAGE then all Allen has to do is exactly what he's been doing for the Bills to win a Super Bowl. Imagine this team the last few seasons without Allen.

On 10/16/2023 at 2:54 PM, BananaB said:

Just listened to Dorsey’s press conference and someone asked about getting another player involved besides just Diggs and Gabe. His answer was we got so many solid players it’s changes each week which guys they gameplan to get involved. I guess I don’t see that when I watch the games, maybe Hardy the first few games but not much. You’d think it would be more beneficial for the O if they just focus on one guy week in week out, that way the chemistry between Josh and the player gets stronger over the season. Jmo

His comment does not match what we see during the game. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

So you're blaming Allen for the Jags loss?  Incredible. 

For the record, if we're able to add one more QUALITY play maker and fix the O line so that it's at least AVERAGE then all Allen has to do is exactly what he's been doing for the Bills to win a Super Bowl. Imagine this team the last few seasons without Allen.

I don’t know what OLs you are watching out there, this one isn’t great, but it’s at least average.  Are we going to give Tyrod credit for playing better than Allen (with the exception of being an idiot at the end of the half) with a far worse line and zero legitimate weapons?   The excuses for Allen are getting pretty obscene.  His decision making is questionable at best.  He’s repeatedly missing the RPO reads, not running with a clear first down in front of him and throwing into double coverage.  

Do they need more weapons? Absolutely.  

Is Allen the primary reason for the loss vs the Jets? No question.  For the Jags?  I would argue yes as well, his poor decisions again lead to missed opportunities to close the game.  The defense got CRUSHED by injury and the offense couldn’t even stay on the field.    The Jags only scored 25 points and the majority of those were late. The offense didn’t do crap all day.   Allen  did nothing until garbage time.   Once the game was out of hand and the Jags went prevent, Allen got 2 big plays which pad his stats, but don’t do anything for a win. 

• Disagree 2

Just now, DCofNC said:

I don’t know what OLs you are watching out there, this one isn’t great, but it’s at least average.  Are we going to give Tyrod credit for playing better than Allen (with the exception of being an idiot at the end of the half) with a far worse line and zero legitimate weapons?   The excuses for Allen are getting pretty obscene.  His decision making is questionable at best.  He’s repeatedly missing the RPO reads, not running with a clear first down in front of him and throwing into double coverage.  

Do they need more weapons? Absolutely.  

Is Allen the primary reason for the loss vs the Jets? No question.  For the Jags?  I would argue yes as well, his poor decisions again lead to missed opportunities to close the game.  The defense got CRUSHED by injury and the offense couldn’t even stay on the field.    The Jags only scored 25 points and the majority of those were late. The offense didn’t do crap all day.   Allen  did nothing until garbage time.   Once the game was out of hand and the Jags went prevent, Allen got 2 big plays which pad his stats, but don’t do anything for a win. 

I disagree with almost everything you and Over 29 Years a Fan say on 2BD.  Allen is the Bills best player.  Period, end of sentence.  He is the primary reason we've been sniffing at the Super Bowl for the last 4 seasons.  While Allen could improve his decision making as a natural consequence of his continuing to gain experience it's unreasonable AND unrealistic to expect him to make a big jump going forward.  By any objective measure Allen is a top 5 (I think top 3) QB in the NFL.

So if you really believe that Allen is a BIG part of the problem here and that his improvement is the most likley and easiest way to improve the offense then you must be in favor of parting ways with him because Allen is not getting substantially better. So come out and make the (incredibly stupid) argument for moving beyond Allen.  I'm sure there are at least 27 teams that would give up whatever they had to get Allen.  We should be able to get a bonanza of draft picks for him.

Put up or shut up. This constant beating on Allen is wrong and unhinged.

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

I guess, to me, if you're saying that the offense is one very good receiver named Diggs and nothing much behind him, it follows that the QB will be locking on to that very good receiver named Diggs too much.

I can't tell if this is a semantic issue between us, or if you perceive a very real difference that isn't clear to me?

Yes, there is a real difference between people saying "we need to get the ball to Diggs more because our other WR suck" and "Allen locks onto Diggs too much."

It's literally the exact opposite.  How can you not see the difference?

In both cases the target share is the same though.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.