Salah is beginning to irritate me

Beck Water

Saleh is a good coach, especially when it comes to defense. Gotta give the man his props. He's like Rocky... you have him on the ropes, one punch away from a knockout and yet he somehow finds a way to stay in the fight and rally the team. 

Also, don't discount the effect of Rodgers being out there pre-game, no crutches, no boot, just in shoes and throwing passes to Jets players. When he went down it was like the entire season was over. Now he has those guys buying into the idea that if they hold down the fort he just might make it back, and that is a huge lift for them mentally and emotionally. It's been 4 weeks and he should still be in a boot but he's walking around in sneakers, smiling and tossing footballs to his teammates. That stuff helps them buy into the season.

There will be no QB controversy either. Wilson isn't the reason they are winning, at all. He also idolizes Rodgers, and the team is full of Rodgers guys. So if they are winning this way with defense and Zach making the occasional play there will be zero locker room issue with Rodgers stepping back into the starting role. In fact, Wilson will have done EXACTLY what a backup should: hold down the fort, make some plays here and there, and keep the team alive. 

I doubted the idea that Rodgers would play this season, and still do, but it's not insane. The fact that he got hurt week 1 helps, obviously, and probably factors somewhat into the  "nobody has ever come back in the same season" mantra. It's going to be a lottery ticket as-is. If it was week 7 when it happens then there's no conversation of it. Most Achilles injuries happen later than week 1.

All an athlete needs is a glimmer of hope, and Rodgers is making sure everyone knows he plans to try to get back. 

As a fan of the sport, I like stories, and what a freaking story it would be if Rodgers comes back to play the same season he tears his achilles. 

Edited by TheFunPolice

8 hours ago, Beck Water said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/jets-earn-first-ever-win-eagles-jalen-hurts-latest-qb-embarrassed

Could just be me, but when your team is 2-3, I'm not sure it's time to be talking about "embarrassing all of" the opposing QB

It was a dumb this to say but Saleh has built a nice defense.  

Maybe this was hubris talking but I think it was more him pumping up his team.  Players like it when coaches brag on them.  

They just held the NFC champs to 14 points despite the Jets missing some defensive starters.  He may have been a little exuberant.  I wouldn't blame him. 

Apparently there was a basketball player who came back from a ruptured Achilles in 3 months and played basketball at pre-injury levels and Rodgers is having the same treatment done. 

I would think an NFL QB would put less strain on that achilles than a basketball player, whose entire sport is based on pushing off of that foot to jump and land repeatedly. 

3 months after surgery would be 12/14.

I'm surprised he didn't use the "F" word at least three times in that remark. Salah and his D-coordinator must hold the record for using the "F" word in the Hard Knocks Show. I was embarrassed for his family.

3 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Apparently there was a basketball player who came back from a ruptured Achilles in 3 months and played basketball at pre-injury levels and Rodgers is having the same treatment done. 

I would think an NFL QB would put less strain on that achilles than a basketball player, whose entire sport is based on pushing off of that foot to jump and land repeatedly. 

3 months after surgery would be 12/14.

But at 40 years old?  I doubt that Basketball player was that age.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Gregg said:

I was at the game. Wilson didn't do much. The Jets defense played its ass off. 4 turnovers. Hurts was the reason the Eagles lost. Same with Allen in week 1.

I agree with you as I watched that game. Wilson isn't good which makes Saleh's result even more impressive. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

But at 40 years old?  I doubt that Basketball player was that age.

for sure that's one of the many big questions... The BB player was 23, so that has to figure in I would think. 

I could totally see the lift it could give the team though, even if it's a slight chance, it's a chance. 

Also, if that 23 year old BB player is taking jump shots and rebounding in 3 months when was it physically safe to start doing those things? I would imagine some time before he actually was back to playing at his pre injury level. 

It's a pretty fascinating story to follow just as a fan of the sport and what is possible. Who knows how it turns out though. 

I get the impression Wilson is settling down a bit, just enough to hang on by his fingertips. He's standing in the pocket better and making better throws. Seems to see the field better. Its not saying much but just maybe he's starting to turn the corner. Breece Hall is a helluva back. D is legit, like the Browns.

9 hours ago, Beck Water said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/jets-earn-first-ever-win-eagles-jalen-hurts-latest-qb-embarrassed

Could just be me, but when your team is 2-3, I'm not sure it's time to be talking about "embarrassing all of" the opposing QB

HE is an embarrassing, pompous, television hogging moron.

• Agree 2

9 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

for sure that's one of the many big questions... The BB player was 23, so that has to figure in I would think. 

I could totally see the lift it could give the team though, even if it's a slight chance, it's a chance. 

Also, if that 23 year old BB player is taking jump shots and rebounding in 3 months when was it physically safe to start doing those things? I would imagine some time before he actually was back to playing at his pre injury level. 

It's a pretty fascinating story to follow just as a fan of the sport and what is possible. Who knows how it turns out though. 

I am wondering has there been anything about Tre opting for that similar procedure?

14 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

I'll believe it when I see it. 

Mbappe won't take any amount of money to play for the Saudis and Liverpool are wiling to break the bank to get him, even if they have to sell Salah off... we shall see!

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan

10 hours ago, Beck Water said:

The Jets have beaten Buffalo, Philly, and should have beaten KC (if not for the thumb on the scale from the league).  Their QB stinks and their offense is mediocre as a result.  I'd say he has pretty good grounds to tout his defense.  

2 minutes ago, shoveldog said:

The Jets have beaten Buffalo, Philly, and should have beaten KC (if not for the thumb on the scale from the league).  Their QB stinks and their offense is mediocre as a result.  I'd say he has pretty good grounds to tout his defense.  

People don't have a problem with him touting his defense. It's the use of the word "embarrassed." In the past, most coaches would have used a word like "contained," or "kept in check." Even "dominated." But "embarrassed" is just a non-cuss word way of saying "made them our b**ch." It's trash talk, and these younger coaches don't shy away from it. I don't have a problem with it, but it's what people don't like here.

I'll probably get some eyerolls - but I'm a Saleh fan.  He has changed the culture there, dramatically. I think they found a good coach.

Comments like the one in the OP are part of the change in attitude.  I don't mind it, and it gives Allen some more motivation for the next one.

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

I get the impression Wilson is settling down a bit, just enough to hang on by his fingertips. He's standing in the pocket better and making better throws. Seems to see the field better. Its not saying much but just maybe he's starting to turn the corner. Breece Hall is a helluva back. D is legit, like the Browns.

Wilson had about 150 yards across 40 pass plays - throw in the scrambles 170 on 42 plays.  They didn't run well, but they didn't turn it over.  17 first downs with 3 coming from penalties.  244 yards.  That is a losing line in probably 95% of games.  

Eagles -4 turnover margin is a death sentence though.  Against a team with a stout defensive line that you couldn't run on, they were forced to do things they don't do quite as well.  The 4th one being an absolute disaster with it being returned to the 8 yard line.  

Both teams were missing players - Carter Brown and Slay (johnson also got hurt on the first drive) for the Eagles, Sauce and Reed for the Jets.  To lose this game philly had to make mistakes, and they did.  Kick catch interference on a punt gave the jets a free 3 and out field goal.  Fumble before half spotted them an extra chance for points.  Elliott missed a sub-40 yard field goal.  

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I am wondering has there been anything about Tre opting for that similar procedure?

I haven't seen anything, but I think that Tre's injury occurring a few games into the season and his position requiring a lot more stress on the ankle/heel would make it a moot point. Not that he wouldn't want to be healthy sooner, but in terms of playing again this season.

From what I've gathered, the ONLY reason there is even a lottery ticket chance for Rodgers is that it happened week 1 and he had surgery a couple days later. That puts a 4 month return around early January, so week 17 or the wildcard round. In that scenario, if he actually is healthy he would probably play week 17 if the Jets had a shot at the playoffs. Maybe he gets back for week 15 or 16 too, depending.

For Tre, the same time window would be late January/early Feb. So basically the Super Bowl, if we made it, as a corner who would need to keep up with the NFC Super Bowl WR. 

36 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Wilson had about 150 yards across 40 pass plays - throw in the scrambles 170 on 42 plays.  They didn't run well, but they didn't turn it over.  17 first downs with 3 coming from penalties.  244 yards.  That is a losing line in probably 95% of games.  

Eagles -4 turnover margin is a death sentence though.  Against a team with a stout defensive line that you couldn't run on, they were forced to do things they don't do quite as well.  The 4th one being an absolute disaster with it being returned to the 8 yard line.  

Both teams were missing players - Carter Brown and Slay (johnson also got hurt on the first drive) for the Eagles, Sauce and Reed for the Jets.  To lose this game philly had to make mistakes, and they did.  Kick catch interference on a punt gave the jets a free 3 and out field goal.  Fumble before half spotted them an extra chance for points.  Elliott missed a sub-40 yard field goal.  

How about the 3rd and 10 right after the 2-minute warning and Hurts gets picked off. The Jets had no timeouts at that point. If they run the ball, then they can take about 40 seconds off the clock. Punt it and Zach has a little over a minute to drive them into FG range. I would have liked the Eagles chances to win the game if they did this.

Edited by Gregg

10 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Josh will remember that comment.  When the Jest come here on 11/19, Josh gonna embarrass the Jest.

hope you are right but it would be the first good game against the Jets since at least the 2021 season. Jets D is legit. I give Saleh props. 

They still have the worst QB situation in all of football and somehow manage to win games. And against us of all teams!

49 minutes ago, shoveldog said:

There's a difference between touting his defense whilst showing respect to other players.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gregg said:

How about the 3rd and 10 right after the 2-minute warning and Hurts gets picked off. The Jets had no timeouts at that point. If they run the ball, then they can take about 40 seconds off the clock. Punt it and Zach has a little over a minute to drive them into FG range. I would have liked the Eagles chances to win the game if they did this.

Insane that he threw that pass.  I don't mind a "pass play" but you have jalen hurts - he should be moving not back pedaling, he should be out of pocket not in it, and you probably should have had a play action element.  

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

I haven't seen anything, but I think that Tre's injury occurring a few games into the season and his position requiring a lot more stress on the ankle/heel would make it a moot point. Not that he wouldn't want to be healthy sooner, but in terms of playing again this season.

From what I've gathered, the ONLY reason there is even a lottery ticket chance for Rodgers is that it happened week 1 and he had surgery a couple days later. That puts a 4 month return around early January, so week 17 or the wildcard round. In that scenario, if he actually is healthy he would probably play week 17 if the Jets had a shot at the playoffs. Maybe he gets back for week 15 or 16 too, depending.

For Tre, the same time window would be late January/early Feb. So basically the Super Bowl, if we made it, as a corner who would need to keep up with the NFC Super Bowl WR. 

Tracking thanks.  Just wasnt really looking at the return this season for Tre more so the surgery type.  It seems from the small sample size recovery is better with this procedure.  I am worried as Achilles with the position Tre plays I am not sure he will ever come back to the level of play he is capable now at this point. Not even considering the mental strain on Tre which he clearly admits that was an issue with COVID, the Knee and Damar's Inj.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

haha. Not really opinion. Look at the Bills offensive output in the last three games against the Jets. And a 1-2 record. With the two losses against Zack Wilson or all QB’s. 

I’m perfectly fine with sucking against the Jets if we continue to dominate the Dolphins. 

I'm not buying that it's a pattern.  Two of those games were the first game of the season.  Saleh's arrogance will bite him in the ass when they come to Buffalo.  Hopefully Dorchebag will have his rectocephaly surgery before then.

3 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

He is a classless dbag.  He's shown that quite a bit in his time in NY.  He's Rex Ryan on roids.

I actually kind of liked him, but more and more he's converting me to your view.

3 hours ago, arcane said:

Was going to post about this at some point. His defense is good for sure, but coaches who have had infinitely more real success than him (he's had none) do not talk like this 

Perfect bulletin board material 

And that's my point. 

Did his defense play lights-out against the Bills, KC, and the Eagles?  Yes.  Yes, it did.

But KC won, and the Eagles and Bills lost largely due to self-inflicted wounds - bonehead QB decisions and throws leading to picks.  As @Bray Wyatt, that Hurts throw on 3rd down was a very bad decision.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I'm not buying that it's a pattern.  Two of those games were the first game of the season.  Saleh's arrogance will bite him in the ass when they come to Buffalo.  Hopefully Dorchebag will have his rectocephaly surgery before then.

4 of 6 at home to start the season - and 2-2 in those games.  This is a huge benefit to a struggling QB.  Less crowd noise, can mix up snap counts, easier to call plays in the huddle, and easier to set protections.  Also helps your defense a lot to have the crowd in the game.  The away win was at denver, they rushed for 200+ and that crowd was very likely pretty dead. 

5 hours ago, Gregg said:

No, he won't. The Jets built their team specifically with the Bills in mind. They match up very well with Buffalo. Take a look at the past 3 games. The rematch will be more of the same. A hard-fought close game that will go down to the wire.

You’d be lying to yourself if you think otherwise. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I actually kind of liked him, but more and more he's converting me to your view.

And that's my point. 

Did his defense play lights-out against the Bills, KC, and the Eagles?  Yes.  Yes, it did.

But KC won, and the Eagles and Bills lost largely due to self-inflicted wounds - bonehead QB decisions and throws leading to picks.  As @Bray Wyatt, that Hurts throw on 3rd down was a very bad decision.

I know a lot of people here don't like McDermott but there is something about being humble.   Saleh jumping on top of the dog pile his team made in the endzone after week 1 was all I need to see.  Celebrate with your team in the locker room fine, but as a coach have some class on the field.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

It seems like you're twisting yourself into a pretzel to discredit the Jets. I can't stand the ****suckers but they're going to have their say and disrupt some teams plans.

They certainly give us fits. They concern me.

BTW, Saleh rubs me the wrong way too. My disdain for each team in our division is alive and well.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.