We Are Off to the Patriots

HIT BY SPIKES

I just met Rodney Harrison at the airport.

Super nice guy.

He told me Belicheck has more personality than what the fans see on TV.  

Told me Manning was the hardest QB to defend.  

Said a dominant TE is the hardest to stop.  We were talking Bowers from UGA and said he thinks he needs to shut it down for the season.  He will be a top 5 pick so no need to risk him on the field.

He likes Dalton Kincaid and I asked him why we can’t incorporate him in more….he doesn’t know.

We also talked about the grind of the season.  He told me that a 16-17 game season, its hard mentally and physically….like real hard.  Playing down to your competition is what happens sometimes.  

He thinks the Bills and Eagles have the same problem now.  Allen and Hurts relying on our #1 targets (Diggs/Brown) to make the big plays….especially off script.  Need to get more people involved.

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Super nice guy.

Said a dominant TE is the hardest to stop.  We were talking Bowers from UGA and said he thinks he needs to shut it down for the season.  He will be a top 5 pick so no need to risk him on the field.

He likes Dalton Kincaid and I asked him why we can’t incorporate him in more….he doesn’t know.

We also talked about the grind of the season.  He told me that a 16-17 game season, its hard mentally and physically….like real hard.  Playing down to your competition is what happens sometimes.  

He thinks the Bills and Eagles have the same problem now.  Allen and Hurts relying on our #1 targets (Diggs/Brown) to make the big plays….especially off script.  Need to get more people involved.

i'm surprised you were able to speak with those mcdonald's double cheese burgers stuffed in your mouth.  

• Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

The Pats are done man. Players have lost all confidence in that staff and Judon is done. 

Said the same thing about the Giants, lol. I’ve watched a couple Giants game this year and it looked like they had mentally checked out. Which makes me wonder wtf happened last night!

5 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I mean the Bills scored both TDs in the 4th, wouldn't that seem to disqualify the statement above you just made?

I’ve been seeing lots of weird circular logic by posters last night and today. 

It’s like they start writing a post before thinking and then started thinking while typing the post, catch themselves in a logic error, but commit to posting anyways. 

Emotion vs logic. The never ending battle inside the heads of Bills fans. 

2 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Said the same thing about the Giants, lol. I’ve watched a couple Giants game this year and it looked like they had mentally checked out. Which makes me wonder wtf happened last night!

Daboll had them chewing glass before the game. Also, I think that Wink has been game-planning for this game since the offseason. His defense looked a lot more exotic last night with stunts and disguised coverages than it looked at any time during this season. 

16 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

I’ve been seeing lots of weird circular logic by posters last night and today. 

It’s like they start writing a post before thinking and then started thinking while typing the post, catch themselves in a logic error, but commit to posting anyways. 

Emotion vs logic. The never ending battle inside the heads of Bills fans. 

The Bills only HAD 3 2nd half possessions as both teams ran the ball well and completed short passes which kept the clock moving.  They scored TDs on their first 2 and missed a FG on the other one that should have been a kneel down with a better throw by josh and/or a better catch by Knox.

17 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The pats are going to play physical defense. Dorsey better get his ***** together. No matter how bad they are, they are going to have a good idea of what we want to do. And their Defense is physical.

Plus they are going to come out angry with nothing to lose.

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Super nice guy.

I forgot to add one part that surprised me a little.

I asked him if he misses playing and he said no.  Harrison from what I remember was one those hard nosed and passionate players.  He said the abuse your body takes, after awhile, you just don’t want to do it anymore.  

I miss it and I only played up to HS.  But I also was getting hit by 175 lbs Linebackers and not world class athletes at 225 lbs+

Man - I checked a few Pats boards, and already lost count of the bitter, past-obsessed sentiments of "remind Bills fans they have 0 Super Bowls, and we have 6."  Pre-game cope knowing that they have the ol' snowball's chance on Sunday.

I knew I'd enjoy the day when all they can talk about is how good they USED to be.  Gonna appreciate every one of these match-ups while we have Allen.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Goin Breakdown said:

So were the Giants. I hope they pull it together. 

Giants got saquon back and their opponent lost their best player Daniel jones lol.  In all seriousness though, Dexter Lawrence WRECKED the bills last night.  Reminded me of all the times chris jones single handedly ruined us a few years ago. Pats just haven’t had that kind of impact player in the trenches this year 

9 minutes ago, Success said:

Man - I checked a few Pats boards, and already lost count of the bitter, past-obsessed sentiments of "remind Bills fans they have 0 Super Bowls, and we have 6."  Pre-game cope knowing that they have the ol' snowball's chance on Sunday.

I knew I'd enjoy the day when all they can talk about is how good they USED to be.  Gonna appreciate every one of these match-ups while we have Allen.

Not as bad as the dolphins fans using the rings argument when they haven’t won one since the 70s 

Maybe @PatsFanNH can offer some perspective here into some of this personnel. I admittedly (thank god) have stopped obsessing over who the patriots are trotting out.

LT - Trent Brown….solid player all around

LG - Cole Strange…RD1 player many thought was a reach…has been often injured. Any info on this guy?

C - David Andrews…has been a good player for years

LG - Mike Onwenu…6th round pick, has had some struggles

RT- Vederian Lowe…6th round pick replacing Rieff (IR)

Pass Catchers - Kendric Bourne (28-307-2) and Hunter Henry (18-183-2) are their top threats. Mike IGetsicki (fake TE), Juju smith-shuster (injured?) and Devante Parker contribute some.

Damario Douglas the speedster rookie seems to get some burn and seems to be the most dangerous option (10-143).

RBs - the hammers…Rhamondre and Elliot…are averaging 3.0 and 3.7 YPC respectively. 

I fully expect to hold this team in check. 

More on the defensive side of the ball to come. 

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Maybe @PatsFanNH can offer some perspective here into some of this personnel. I admittedly (thank god) have stopped obsessing over who the patriots are trotting out.

LT - Trent Brown….solid player all around

LG - Cole Strange…RD1 player many thought was a reach…has been often injured. Any info on this guy?

C - David Andrews…has been a good player for years

LG - Mike Onwenu…6th round pick, has had some struggles

RT- Vederian Lowe…6th round pick replacing Rieff (IR)

Pass Catchers - Kendric Bourne (28-307-2) and Hunter Henry (18-183-2) are their top threats. Mike IGetsicki (fake TE), Juju smith-shuster (injured?) and Devante Parker contribute some.

Damario Douglas the speedster rookie seems to get some burn and seems to be the most dangerous option (10-143).

RBs - the hammers…Rhamondre and Elliot…are averaging 3.0 and 3.7 YPC respectively. 

I fully expect to hold this team in check. 

More on the defensive side of the ball to come. 

Ok let’s try this. (Lol)

Trent Brown — been solid and a lot better than last year

Strange — Been out injured last 2 weeks and Mopu(?) a rookie has been playing but struggling. 

Andrews - Got hurt last game, hopefully is ok to play Sunday. He has had his up and downs this year. But been pretty decent .

Onwenu — been injured most of the year, but is a solid RG/RT when healthy just hasn’t been this year. His replacement (to many mention) have stunk.

RT  Onwenu/ Lowe/Reiff/ and a few more — this has been a nightmare spot. The person here blocks so poorly it seems like it’s a free rusher every down.

Bourne — Is probably the most consistent catcher the Pats have and can be dangerous when motivated.

Pop Douglas — What a find in the 6th round he gets open and has great run after catch.

Parker — is a bum! Rarely gets open and when he does he turtle arms it and says “I only got my fingertips on it” I’d trade him for a pack of smokes and I don’t smoke!

JuJu — ugh can we have Meyers back? This guy stinks!

Henry — inconsistent, one game he be making a tone of plays the next you wonder if he is playing. I still like him though.

Getsicki — rarely notice him he does have good hands on the rare occasion he is open.

Elliott — He looks like he still has juice in those legs, he runs hard and makes plays. He had a TD catch last week taken back because of a Lowe hold.. 

Stevenson — he still running hard just zero holds in a bad line.

on defense the team still pretty good, but we lost Judon and Gonzalez, as wel as Jack Jones, Marcus Jones, and Jonathan Jones I think got reinjured last week. So basically we have Uche and a hurt Baremore for pressure and well our 5th and 6th string options at CB. (JC Jackson the best back there now and I thought he was over rated before but a competent CB)

11 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

on defense the team still pretty good, but we lost Judon and Gonzalez, as wel as Jack Jones, Marcus Jones, and Jonathan Jones I think got reinjured last week. So basically we have Uche and a hurt Baremore for pressure and well our 5th and 6th string options at CB. (JC Jackson the best back there now and I thought he was over rated before but a competent CB)

How many freaking Jones's do you have?  Do you think there's any chance Mac Jones gets benched this week?

12 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

How many freaking Jones's do you have?  Do you think there's any chance Mac Jones gets benched this week?

To many Jones on the team. I don’t think he gets benched, he played ok against the raiders and They possibly win if Parker can catch. 

Jones has been bad this year but JuJu running the wrong routes, Parker inability to run the route fat enough and when he does he can’t catch! gesecki being meh at best hasn’t helped.. neither has an O line that has given up more pressure than any other line in the NFL. (Up till the Raiders game at least)

if he is benched I think Malik Cunningham is now his backup.. a complete opposite of Jones in the area of mobility. 

6 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

How about we not suck against another crap team? I hear the excuses already " but they are a division opponent and they always play us hard".

I fully expect the Pats to be 1-7 after the next 2 weeks.  I expect the Pats D will keep them in it for a bit then Mac Jones throws a pic 6 followed by numerous over throws and under throws.. 

56 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I fully expect the Pats to be 1-7 after the next 2 weeks.  I expect the Pats D will keep them in it for a bit then Mac Jones throws a pic 6 followed by numerous over throws and under throws.. 

See a team with realistic superbowl aspersions doesn't let it come to that.   38-13 should be the score

41 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

See a team with realistic superbowl aspersions doesn't let it come to that.   38-13 should be the score

Pats D is legit and it seems if we can hold Diggs down just a bit in receptions the score can stay low.

Also if the Pats score 13 points off of Buffalo D I be shocked! I am expecting Jones be in traction by halftime as he gets hit more than a piñata. 

IMO Final score be 24-6 Buffalo.

39 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Having survived the drought, I like to enjoy wins, even ugly ones.

See I hate that crap.  The past is the past.  We can't be afraid to make needed changes and possibly take steps back to achieve the ultimate goal.

I have been a fan since 86' and never quit being a fan, and I don't care if we suffer a losing season if it means making the changes needed  to win a championship.   McDermott should have been fired the next damn day after 14 seconds and a message sent about the expectations for this franchise including coaching.

So no, I didn't enjoy the technical win Sunday night. We looked like $#!! And it just shows we are treading water hoping that " running it back" with old slow players and a HC who has shown he is nothing more than Marty schottenheimer II. ( he has a losing record in the playoffs and we seem to be going backwards in that regard) isn't working.

This offseason there is no running it back, there is going to need to be a purge of players with replacements through the draft.   

3 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

See I hate that crap.  The past is the past.  We can't be afraid to make needed changes and possibly take steps back to achieve the ultimate goal.

I have been a fan since 86' and never quit being a fan, and I don't care if we suffer a losing season if it means making the changes needed  to win a championship.   McDermott should have been fired the next damn day after 14 seconds and a message sent about the expectations for this franchise including coaching.

So no, I didn't enjoy the technical win Sunday night. We looked like $#!! And it just shows we are treading water hoping that " running it back" with old slow players and a HC who has shown he is nothing more than Marty schottenheimer II. ( he has a losing record in the playoffs and we seem to be going backwards in that regard) isn't working.

This offseason there is no running it back, there is going to need to be a purge of players with replacements through the draft.   

Feel free to be angst-ridden if you like. That's just not my style.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.