Trades?

Cuboirs

15 hours ago, Dillenger4 said:

I smell something big happening with the Bills. Big move coming. They won't sit on this....

Von traded for Aaron Donald 👀. 😂 

I think we grab someone from the Vikings for Defense. I don’t see a Surtain move unless we can send a player plus a 3-4th rounder. 

Just now, FrenchConnection said:

A team like the Broncos doesn't want talent. They want picks and lots of em.

How about Tre white, a 2nd, and  a 5th? 😂 . Sadly I think his time in buffalo is in its final 1-2 years with these injuries. McD system like most coaches prefers availablity vs top talent.

Is there anyone from the Giants that the Bills would be interested in trading for. The Giants season is going nowhere. They will most likely be sellers at the trade deadline. Then you have the Beane-McDermott and Schoen-Daboll connection. The Bills seem to deal a lot with McBeane's former team the Panthers over the years. So maybe they do the same with the Giants.

I think a defensive lineman can come into the DT rotation and make an impact with DQ out.  You have a couple weeks to see how ford and settle handle it, but thats a position where its usually pretty straight forward.  There's stunts and twists but... your job is to go after the ball. 

Edited by Bleeding Bills Blue

5 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I have a hypothetical trade scenario I would like your opinion on. If possible, would you agree to a Saquon Barkley for Cook, Harris and one of our 3rd rd picks? We all see how much better the offense looks with a running game. Your thoughts. 

I'd probably do that. Cook is too weak for my taste.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

34 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I have a hypothetical trade scenario I would like your opinion on. If possible, would you agree to a Saquon Barkley for Cook, Harris and one of our 3rd rd picks? We all see how much better the offense looks with a running game. Your thoughts. 

The Bills running game is excellent if they just get under center and pound it.

Not sure if any RB is going to do very well with the runs they are trying to execute out of shotgun.........in particular a guy like Barkley who needs to get north/south pretty quick to be effective.

Dorsey is taking a lot of heat for the Bills not being under center more but my guess that it is largely because Allen wants to play in shotgun.    

He probably feels more comfortable in shotgun because he doesn't have to take his eyes off the defense...........but he is so much better under center and probably just needs to buy into it............the results are so much better for the running game and Allen as a passer under center that I would hope maybe people can see now why I've been so against Allen in shotgun and spread the past couple of years.

Edited by BADOLBILZ

42 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

the problem is Barkley can't stay on the field and is making a lot of $ 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

the problem is Barkley can't stay on the field and is making a lot of $ 

And you'd be trading a player in Cook who is under contract cheap for 2 more seasons after this one.

I wouldn't trade Cook for Barkley straight up even if the Giants ate enough salary to make that part a wash.........let alone add a day 2 pick to the package.

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 10/8/2023 at 7:16 PM, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Every year we talk about it and every year we do nothing important. I wouldn’t waste another minute, I’d call Denver tonight and say name your price for Surtain…we won’t do anything though and it’s a waste of a thread unfortunately 

Especially since as much as we love Tre, how much does he have left. We will need Surtain Jr. at least proven instead of taking a risky rookie CB in the draft which they will do with first or second rounder in April.

Good post.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/8/2023 at 11:16 PM, RyanC883 said:

I agree. You trade even a first and second that can become a first for what is basically a guy you would draft if available (but would not be where we pick).  Pair him and Benford.  Then the depth returns with Jackson and Elam. 

Less worried about LB but would get Klien back for depth. 

I agree with this, like the Diggs trade. Surtain could take over for White and not miss a beat this season, and earn a big contract later.

Unfortunately, I don't think White will be in the longterm plans anymore. 

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Cuboirs said:

Would you guys be upset if the chiefs pick up Frank Clark,the Jags get Danielle Hunter,the Pat's get Jeaudy, stealers grab Surtain and we call up Practice squad players because we have a next man up mentality?

No because on Surtain is any good. None of the other 3 help their teams a ton especially Jeudy to the Patriots

48 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

No because on Surtain is any good. None of the other 3 help their teams a ton especially Jeudy to the Patriots

The point is other contenders actually try to get better....And Frank Clark would vastly improve the Chiefs and Hunter the Jags

1 hour ago, Cuboirs said:

Would you guys be upset if the chiefs pick up Frank Clark,the Jags get Danielle Hunter,the Pat's get Jeaudy, stealers grab Surtain and we call up Practice squad players because we have a next man up mentality?

The Bills schemes are so complicated players need two or three years to learn the schemes, and it is impossible to integrate mid-season acquisitions (see  Nyheim Hines).  Heck, even with a full offseason we can't fully integrate players like Harty and Sherfield.  

• Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, Cuboirs said:

The point is other contenders actually try to get better....And Frank Clark would vastly improve the Chiefs and Hunter the Jags

Frank Clark? The player the worst defense, possibly ever, is releasing is going to make the Chiefs better? 

Hunter is okay but the Jags already have two high 1st round DEs... I'm not sure what Hunter would add.

You also have to realize the Bills just lost 2 of their most important players in back to back weeks. Going all in maybe isn't the best course of action this year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.