Keep hoping, keep believing

Success

Yeah, I think the loss was one thing but the injuries are the real back breaking thing, but it's football. You have to find way to overcome.

I'm excited to see Dorian Williams and Kaiir Elam get more snaps and experience and hopefully be up to par by the playoffs, similar to how KC did it with their young defenders last year.

The Bills are 3-2 and still have what it takes to have a successful season, and if they get hot at the right time, they can make a run in the playoffs. The season is still young.

6 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Just stop? Lmao. How will we get the 1 seed with no Tre White, Matt Milano, DaQuon Jones for an extended period of time. Kaiir Elam is a huge liability in coverage. We have to hope Benford doesn't miss anymore time. It's a mess right now. Just pure fact. It isn't gonna be easy

We will see how Poona Ford can do in for Jones, we had a top defense for huge stretches without Tre. Elam, Benford and Jackson without Hyde beat KC last year. 

No answer for Milano. Defense will take a hit. ...but we still have talent all over the ball. Groot, Lawson, Benford back...Von will get healthier. 

Just now, PBF81 said:

Yeah, me too.  

My take is that perhaps we've tried too hard during the regular season to be as perfect as possible.  I'd rather lose another couple of games, or three, get in as a Wild Card, and not have the weight/burden of being the #1 or #2 seed.  

IDK, maybe that would help.  Doing what we've been doing hasn't helped.  

My hope is that teams seem weaker than what was expected at the start of the season… and that this continues … interesting that the elite NFC teams are looking better at the moment …

The year the Rams won they were hardly as good as even the Bills are now with these injuries … but they were lucky though … 

9 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Just stop? Lmao. How will we get the 1 seed with no Tre White, Matt Milano, DaQuon Jones for an extended period of time. Kaiir Elam is a huge liability in coverage. We have to hope Benford doesn't miss anymore time. It's a mess right now. Just pure fact. It isn't gonna be easy

We aren't getting the 1 seed.  We will be lucky to win the division with the injuries and remaining schedule compared to the Dolphins schedule.

16 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The one thing I’ll say is home field doesn’t feel the same after we got the taste slapped out of our mouths at home last year. The bye would be nice but that’s not happening. Saying we will definitely make the playoffs is taking liberties here. Obviously it will be a disappointment if we don’t, but nothing is certain here. Got to go beat the Giants and see what’s what 

That’s were I am coming from too.  The #1 playoff seed is valuable because of the bye.   Every other seed is basically the same.  I know it’s hard to win 2-3 road games in but it’s been done. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JohnNord said:

That’s were I am coming from too.  The #1 playoff seed is valuable because of the bye.   Every other seed is basically the same.  I know it’s hard to win 2-3 road games in but it’s been done. 

I just want to see us beat the Giants here. I agree get in and you never know..but I’m far from just assuming we are getting in. We lost to the Jaguars today and Miami isn’t losing to anyone anytime soon.

7 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

We will see how Poona Ford can do in for Jones, we had a top defense for huge stretches without Tre. Elam, Benford and Jackson without Hyde beat KC last year. 

No answer for Milano. Defense will take a hit. ...but we still have talent all over the ball. Groot, Lawson, Benford back...Von will get healthier. 

Then you have to take into account that the Chiefs will have to lost 2 or 3 more times to even have a chance at it and we are already a game back

6 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

My hope is that teams seem weaker than what was expected at the start of the season… and that this continues … interesting that the elite NFC teams are looking better at the moment …

The year the Rams won they were hardly as good as even the Bills are now with these injuries … but they were lucky though … 

I hear ya.  But consider too, last season we lost Hyde for the Season, White for most of it, and Miller for most of it.  Now we have Miller and Hyde back but are without Milano and White again, and possibly Johnson, who plays nickel, not starting CB.  

I don't see why things should be that much different, particularly since we added Floyd.  

We know that the NFL standings landscape will look somewhat different than it does now.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Success said:

We still have a solid shot at the 1 seed.  KC's schedule is a bit easier, but they could also lose to anyone. They're just not dominating opponents like they have in the past.

Man it would be so nice if they played some rough games and lost to teams like the Jets or the Jaguars.

49 minutes ago, Success said:

We still have a solid shot at the 1 seed.  KC's schedule is a bit easier, but they could also lose to anyone. They're just not dominating opponents like they have in the past.

It's not even about being dominant anymore.  We have something like a +500 point differential since 2020 yet we can't sniff a #1 seed.  These blow-outs against mediocre teams don't translate to anything that benefits us in the playoffs.  And we're just so damn inconsistent offensively.  Today our RB's combined for 15 yards.  Embarrassing.....

For all the sports scientist to get acclimated to the time change they missed the mark.

The easiest and most obvious thing to do is practice at actual game time, To which they should always do.

Look at how bad they played against the jets and yet they practice mid day.

Game is at 9 practice is at 9, game at 2:30 English time then practice 9:30 here.

Dont need scientists for that.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

1 hour ago, Success said:

I like your optimism, really I do. But to lose Tre and Milano for the year and have all the injuries that are accumulating its hard to see the #1 seed. Playoffs? Sure. Division title? Why not. Watching Elam and Williams play didn't instill any confidence moving forward. Dorsey and his inconsistent play calling didn't help either. Shame really cause if healthy this team had a real shot.

I hope I'm wrong in my pessimism.

Respectfully, I feel like we have been saying that about KC the past 3 years but every way they find a way to go and/or win the Super Bowl lol

• Awesome! (+1) 1

With what's left on defense along with this coaching staff, I would be shocked if they made it out of the divisionals. Other teams could degrade with injuries as well, QBs could get hurt etc so things change all the time. But right now, I see Bengals-esque games in our future when we play good QBs. We are bad at corner and bad at safety and we no longer have the elite personnel on the front end to help cover it up going forward. 

Still a lot more fun to watch than it used to be, but my expectations aren't sky high for this year now

1 minute ago, Fetou said:

With what's left on defense along with this coaching staff, I would be shocked if they made it out of the divisionals. Other teams could degrade with injuries as well, QBs could get hurt etc so things change all the time. But right now, I see Bengals-esque games in our future when we play good QBs. We are bad at corner and bad at safety and we no longer have the elite personnel on the front end to help cover it up going forward. 

Still a lot more fun to watch than it used to be, but my expectations aren't sky high for this year now

My expectations are sky high. This Bills team will be a terror if they make the playoffs. This is one tough team filled with warriors. I see it in their eyes. I expect them to play angry. 

• Like (+1) 1

The Dolphins schedule is easier than ours. Away games at KC, PHI, and BAL but otherwise complete cake. They are not losing more than 3 going into the last week unless Tua gets hurt. Winning the division this year will almost certainly require a victory at Hard Rock in week 18

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Respectfully, I feel like we have been saying that about KC the past 3 years but every way they find a way to go and/or win the Super Bowl lol

If you watch their games they get a LOT of calls going their way in critical situations. Especially as close games are winding down. 

6 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

If you watch their games they get a LOT of calls going their way in critical situations. Especially as close games are winding down. 

I know. But it’s the same script every year lol.

Chiefs will host an afc championship game until proven otherwise 

10 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

Yes they were! This means Bills still have a chance at #1!

We lost to the Jets and Jags. They beat the Jets and Jags. We would need to win out. That’s not gonna happen.

Dorsey and the boys have a couple more stinkers lined up, don’t worry.

1 hour ago, MJS said:

I'm excited to see Dorian Williams and Kaiir Elam get more snaps and experience and hopefully be up to par by the playoffs, similar to how KC did it with their young defenders last year.

NO. No. No. Elam was a ***** show out there. Roasted, toasted, filet de la CB.  It was hard to watch him play.

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

9 minutes ago, TampaBillsJunkie said:

Not at the cost of winning games.  Guard Diggs in practice and when you got that mastered we will let you play in the real games.

He's playing in real games already. I suggest you get used to it if Benford has to miss any more time.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.