Kaiir Elam is a liability any time he is on the field

Einstein

He was routinely targeted, routinely beat, and routinely frustrated.

Some fans thought he was a healthy scratch in previous games simply because Benford is better.

Yeah, Benford is better… but Elam is also a bad player.

They’re not mutually exclusive. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

I thought they picked on Jackson in the 1st half and Elam in the 2nd.

Regardless, we are hurting at Corner and Linebacker and our offense stunk up the United Kingdom. Our defense had only given up 11 through 3 quarters. They just ran out of gas late.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Fans can conjure up whatever imaginary version of Elam they want, but there's a reason a 1st round pick has been a healthy scratch all year and only seeing the field due to injuries. 

The dude had 11 tackles today. Is that impressive, or is that an indictment of how he was targeted all day, and how many times his guy caught the ball?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, Einstein said:

Nothing in the OP claimed that Elam is why we lost. You made that up.

But he was certainly part of the reason. As were others.

I never claimed anything. I said I didn’t view it that way. 
But please continue on your crusade. I’ll stay out of it. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Beast said:

I thought they picked on Jackson in the 1st half and Elam in the 2nd.

Regardless, we are hurting at Corner and Linebacker and our offense stunk up the United Kingdom. Our defense had only given up 11 through 3 quarters. They just ran out of gas late.

Whoever was on Ridley got beat

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

The dude had 11 tackles today. Is that impressive, or is that an indictment of how he was targeted all day, and how many times his guy caught the ball?

I think that could be it.  He heard the whispers about his commitment to tackling and wanted to prove us wrong.

I thought Elam played better than the outcome of the plays he will be beat up on. Needs to play better and some flaws, but some good throws against him. Tre isn't coming back this season, so right now I am optimistic and glad to have him, even if he isn't going to be a superstar any time soon.

8 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Yes, Doug Pederson implemented the Kaiir Elam plan. I also think his badness is why the Bills blitzed so much - whoever he was covering was going to get open.

We blitzed because we weren’t getting any penetration with 4. Multiple opportunities for coverage sacks today but couldn’t even collapse the pocket. What’s disheartening is Kaiir was put in position as that boundary corner to be in mostly man situations but lost leverage or didn’t understand what leverage to play with many times.

However, lack of execution offensively is why we lost this game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

Just now, BillsFan130 said:

It’s a fair criticism

We had bigger issues that include offence, injuries etc.

But Elam did look bad out there

Ridley is a solid player. I’m not sure there’s anybody on the roster who was gonna cover him today without leaving Kirk and engram open all day. 
I didn’t jump in here to defend Elams play or make excuses for him. I just thought there were much bigger takeaways from the loss than Elams struggles in his first game. 

Just now, Rc2catch said:

Ridley is a solid player. I’m not sure there’s anybody on the roster who was gonna cover him today without leaving Kirk and engram open all day. 
I didn’t jump in here to defend Elams play or make excuses for him. I just thought there were much bigger takeaways from the loss than Elams struggles in his first game. 

I definitely agree with you that there were bigger issues.

Ridley has been super quiet though the last few weeks.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BillMafia716ix said:

There was an article posted today about Denver making everyone on their defense available to trade. Looks like they’re in tank mode 

Sure, but they’re not trading him for a late first rounder and Kaiir freaking Elam.

15 minutes ago, BillMafia716ix said:

Trade Elam and our 1st round pick to Denver for Patrick Surtain II. 

That won't help the Milano issue. Thank God 7 was okay. Just pray for Milano because we need him down the stretch. What a catastrophe that game was beyond the loss.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.