2023 MVP: Lamar will win it with 15 fewer TDs than Josh Allen (end of season talk pg 75+)

transplantbillsfan

40 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

doesn’t feel like a Mahomes MVP year to me. Not with where he is at now number wise and with what is happening in San Francisco.

Goff could be a good dark horse MVP.

Yea mahomes has been winning but they haven't been impressive (consistent and effective for sure) and could just as easily be 3-2 if not for the refs love for KC Swifties.

• transplantbillsfan changed the title to 2023 MVP Race: Josh Allen overcomes in a weird game to keep team & self afloat (NYG talk pg 9)

That was such a weird game. For the majority of the first Quarter Josh played well. The injury to Jackson seemed to throw the Bills offense completely. Before it, the offense was moving the ball well, minus errors from Diggs and Davis plus a missed trip. Then, after Jackson's injury, the offense - including Josh - seemed to lose all focus, with four bad plays to finish the third series, and not getting a grip until the third quarter.

2 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

That was such a weird game. For the majority of the first Quarter Josh played well. The injury to Jackson seemed to throw the Bills offense completely. Before it, the offense was moving the ball well, minus errors from Diggs and Davis plus a missed trip. Then, after Jackson's injury, the offense - including Josh - seemed to lose all focus, with four bad plays to finish the third series, and not getting a grip until the third quarter.

You mean Harris?

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

You mean Harris?

No, the injury to the Giants' DB Adoree' Jackson at the end of the first quarter. The Bills were moving, he went down and, after play re-started, the offense seemed to go off boil.

There were only two O plays after Harris' injury in the second quarter - a nice pass to Diggs for 19 yards, then the tipped INT.

2 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

It's Tua until it isn't imo.  Leads league in yards and TDs.  

I hope so. Let Tua have his regular season awards and drive that $$$ tag up. Miami is already in cap limbo as it is with those contracts they've doled out. This will just add to it. 

3 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

BTW, Allen is top 5 or so in pretty much all major statistical categories for QBs and still leads the NFL in completion % and TDs.

This was a weird game…like it wasn’t even that ‘ugly’ per se.  The giants were just winning up front handedly.  There were a few flukey plays keeping points off the board for both teams and a couple super long drives in the second half…felt like a 23-20 type game to me 

On 10/12/2023 at 5:30 PM, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

doesn’t feel like a Mahomes MVP year to me. Not with where he is at now number wise and with what is happening in San Francisco.

Goff could be a good dark horse MVP.

The defenses in his division are so poopy though that I think he’s got a good chance.  Tua is lucky the giants offense was completely inept last week he pretty much threw the game away on a couple picks if their offense could do anything 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

15 minutes ago, H2o said:

I hope so. Let Tua have his regular season awards and drive that $$$ tag up. Miami is already in cap limbo as it is with those contracts they've doled out. This will just add to it. 

He finishes the season tops in yards and i dunno how miami gets out of making him the highest paid player ever.  

3 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

BTW, Allen is top 5 or so in pretty much all major statistical categories for QBs and still leads the NFL in completion % and TDs.

Look at Torrance.  He's chugging in there to help his man Spencer Brown - then he looks to his L and see Josh Allen taking on a LB "oh ***** gotta protect the QB!"  This was after Josh went to the blue tent with a shoulder injury right?  He went to the blue tent with a shoulder injury and he's taking out a LB leading with his R shoulder?

With Chris Simms, I can not disagree - but I also wonder why we don't see more Quintin Morris.  He has improved his blocking skills, and Allen obviously trusts him --- wasn't he the one who got free in the EZ for a TD on a scramble drill at the end of the half vs. Miami?

Hyde be over there going "don't throw it...don't throw it...don't throw it....NICE THROW!"

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

That game should’ve helped his mvp case but with it being a primarily statistical award with 0 context it will hurt him a lot 

2 TDs and one pick doesn't hurt him a lot. Still leads the league in TDs on the season.

Dolphins schedule is a joke. If Tua stays healthy he is going to put up MVP numbers. Might come down to who wins the division. 

14 minutes ago, Process said:

2 TDs and one pick doesn't hurt him a lot. Still leads the league in TDs on the season.

Dolphins schedule is a joke. If Tua stays healthy he is going to put up MVP numbers. Might come down to who wins the division. 

He’s almost out of his joke portion though and mahomes has nearly a full division slate of joke games.  The dolphins have played like 4 of the bottom 5 teams already 😂   I really thought our pass blocking turned the corner and this was gonna be Josh’s year but that does not seem to be the case.  He’s still got a chance though 

The 1 pick didn’t hurt in itself but his total is a little high on the year and the low yardage total doesn’t help..  I wish they looked into the context a little more for mvp votes cuz the vast majority of Allen’s picks have been pretty good arm punts that strategically didn’t really hurt 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

Dolphins still get to play the Eagles, Jets x2, Bills, Ravens, Chiefs and Cowboys which are decent to elite defenses. Commanders also have a decent defense even if the Bills smoked them (that was more on the Commanders offense turning it over). We'll see what Tua really is after this stretch. Almost no cupcakes left on that schedule.

3 hours ago, Process said:

By definition, Dolphins schedule is the same as the Bills except the 2 division winner crossovers and NFC crossover. 

59 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

By definition, Dolphins schedule is the same as the Bills except the 2 division winner crossovers and NFC crossover. 

We get cinci, they get baltimore. Wash

We get Tampa, they get Carolina. Advantage Miami

We get Jacksonville, they get tennessee. Advantage them.

Not crazy difference though. 

• transplantbillsfan changed the title to 2023 MVP Race: Josh Allen is off but look around the league cause he's not alone (Pats game page 10)

I think Josh's shoulder was a bigger problem than he let on. He missed several passes he's normally money on... particularly those ones he escapes the pocket and rolls right. I hope we can scrape out a win on Thursday and he can use this extended 11 day mini bye to get healthier. Happy we have the bye late in the season just before the Chiefs. 

Hey guys... watch the rest of the QBs in the NFL. None are dominating. All are inconsistent. Mahomes included.

Allen still...

#1 in total TDs 

#3 in Completion %

#6 in Passing Yards 

#5 in Passer Rating 

Oh yeah... and he's gone 6 straight games without fumbling the football. Not losing a fumble... fumbling period. Throughout the span of the rest of his career he's never had more than 3 straight games without fumbling.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I think Josh's shoulder was a bigger problem than he let on. He missed several passes he's normally money on... particularly those ones he escapes the pocket and rolls right. I hope we can scrape out a win on Thursday and he can use this extended 11 day mini bye to get healthier. Happy we have the bye late in the season just before the Chiefs. 

Hey guys... watch the rest of the QBs in the NFL. None are dominating. All are inconsistent. Mahomes included.

Allen still...

#1 in total TDs 

#3 in Completion %

#6 in Passing Yards 

#5 in Passer Rating 

Oh yeah... and he's gone 6 straight games without fumbling the football. Not losing a fumble... fumbling period. Throughout the span of the rest of his career he's never had more than 3 straight games without fumbling.

They're gonna give him a fumble on that meaningless last play though right?

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Allen still...

#1 in total TDs 

#3 in Completion %

#6 in Passing Yards 

#5 in Passer Rating 

Didn’t he fumble against the giants? Thought he did 

57 minutes ago, Franco_92 said:

They're gonna give him a fumble on that meaningless last play though right?

Touche... I stand corrected. He hadn't fumbled in 5 straight games. That was the longest stretch of his career. I just plain forgot about the last stupid play...

Too bad Diggs dropped that pass. Hail Mary woulda been fun.

59 minutes ago, mrags said:

Didn’t he fumble against the giants? Thought he did 

No

• transplantbillsfan changed the title to 2023 MVP Race: Josh Allen crushing it despite clear shoulder injury (Bucs talk pg 10+)

Still too close, but what a game by Josh even with an injured shoulder. I still absolutely HATE that we aren't QB sneaking it every single time we have a 3rd or 4th and 1. Hello? Tush push every time please????

Guys... right now Allen is #1 in the NFL in 2 important stats:

71.7% completion percentage 

22 TDs

This first tweet shorts Allen one TD, which almost emphasizes the point.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Allen could have put up 350+ and another TD if Dorsey/McDermott didn’t get so conservative with the play calling.

But he isn’t going to win MVP, because the Bills aren’t going to have the #1 seed. Mahomes will have similar stats, and KC will be the #1 seed. He’s going to get it.

24 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Still too close, but what a game by Josh even with an injured shoulder. I still absolutely HATE that we aren't QB sneaking it every single time we have a 3rd or 4th and 1. Hello? Tush push every time please????

Guys... right now Allen is #1 in the NFL in 2 important stats:

71.7% completion percentage 

22 TDs

This first tweet shorts Allen one TD, which almost emphasizes the point.

I was SCREAMING at Diggs to go down lmao. He was churning with one arm on the ball and Tampa was swinging.

11 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Allen could have put up 350+ and another TD if Dorsey/McDermott didn’t get so conservative with the play calling.

But he isn’t going to win MVP, because the Bills aren’t going to have the #1 seed. Mahomes will have similar stats, and KC will be the #1 seed. He’s going to get it.

I have accepted the fact that there won't be an AFCCG played outside of Arrowhead for a looooong, long time.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.